It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Weird Activity: Any Staten Islanders On Here?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antz2xplicit
I know guys, i'm kicking myself in the ass. i was honestly going to dial the precient near me the 122nd. but i couldn't grow the balls to do it with my fam around me. i felt like a nut job because i was ranting about it and wouldn't shut up making whistling sounds trying to mimic the noise lol. By all means if someone on here would like to call that precient and ask go right ahead. Actually i would really appreciate it lol

122nd precient

FYI it if you come across and story saying it was them blocking it off because of hurricane sandy that's bull# no police were there tonight.

Edited my other post to add in the stuff I had found.

I saw mention of the Sandy thing, but I would assume there wouldn't need to be that many officers out there to stop people from being on the boardwalk

My thoughts were more like...what is near the boardwalk that they want people to stay away from? Using Sandy as a cover.

But I like to look for the conspiracy

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

your the man. now i can rest my soul. lol that was exactly where it was happening. maybe they were shooting a movie and had police activity mixed with that noise and me visiting from out of state at night made a very weird situation.

but if they weren't shooting a movie then that doesn't explain the police activity. grr

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thanks to west coast this was the noise

Stra nge noise

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

That's so interesting... I had no idea magnetic fields could make sounds. Can you explain further? Or is that something I'd need to take a class on to understand?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

your the man. now i can rest my soul. lol that was exactly where it was happening. maybe they were shooting a movie and had police activity mixed with that noise and me visiting from out of state at night made a very weird situation.

but if they weren't shooting a movie then that doesn't explain the police activity. grr

I'm wondering why this seems to be a new phenomena?? There was no construction where I was at, but maybe I heard an echo through the mountains from around Boone? They were building a huge dorm there, With a huge non mobile crane..

Huge by my taste anyway, something like 10 stories.. I was at least 10 miles from there though..

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateninjah

That's so interesting... I had no idea magnetic fields could make sounds. Can you explain further? Or is that something I'd need to take a class on to understand?

I don't know that they can... It's just that it sounded like that.. Whatever that means.. Have you heard the videos where they change the frequencies of planets to match human hearing?

Like This:

What Jupiter Sounds like

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Some of the videos in the "compilation" that someone posted were in the middle of nowhere- no buildings at all.
In my opinion, WestCoasts vids sound very different than the others. More of a booming, vibrating sound- Not the whistling sound that West posted.

Then again, I've never heard it in person, so I'm not sure I have much room to comment.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The Jupiter sound sounds more like the majority of the vids. Thanks! You're full of info!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateninjah

I have personally heard a 'rumbling' sound here in the PNW for a few years now. I have a long-time thread and several videos of it posted.

I in no way think that any other reports are due to wind through buildings, just that perhaps what the OP heard that night was. (in combination with some other sort of police activity)

I think we have a huge mystery on our hands with all the other, similar reports from around the world.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This just does not seem right at all. There really is no explanation for that many police cars or the sound.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Cool thanks! I'll check your thread out!
The sound.. is it something that you can /feel/? I have excellent bass on my computer, and this noise disturbs me. D;
edit on 23-12-2012 by Pirateninjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ufohunter16

Ufo.. i wish i could say that the noise i heard was something major and have been witness to something amazing, but it really was that building i guess. i was on the same street as it. but as for the police activity i have no idea, didn't mix right

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateninjah

Cool thanks! I'll check your thread out!
The sound.. is it something that you can /feel/? I have excellent bass on my computer, and this noise disturbs me. D;
edit on 23-12-2012 by Pirateninjah because: (no reason given)

I felt it, but that could have been an emotional/brain chemistry response... Not sure, because it affected me so drastically.. My girlfriend has made me stop playing the sound just now because it freaks her out, so I cannot find any more videos, but another area this seems to be related to somehow is the Tibetan cave.

Just skip to minute 4.. There used to be a better version without the talking, but alas..

Tibetan Cave Ringing

It's kind of like magentic or electric Harmonics mixed with something to vibrate off of.. My theory has to do with the maybe of the Earth's magnetic field weakening, or the spin of the core changing.. Something about the "atmosphere lowering" that may be true, seems related...

These are ALL huge maybes, and I don't have the physics background to know really..

edit on 12/23/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
ok just googled and more of the noise has been happening in staten island, some as far back as feb. here are some youtube videos all in staten island. read the comments too. now im fckin freaking out. lol

Yahoo answers

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Your poor girlfriend probably has PTSD, I know I would! F$&* that sound, seriously. The cave making sounds makes more sense...
EXCEPT you'd think if it was merely wind passing through, it would sound more like Wests vid in thread.

Excuse me while I pop a xanax and separate my recyclables.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Antz2xplicit

Not to say you're wrong, but those all sound like simple wind to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
And more

Strangesounds.org

Weird Noise Puzzles Staten Islanders

My Google Search
edit on 23-12-2012 by Antz2xplicit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

And more

Strangesounds.org

Weird Noise Puzzles Staten Islanders

My Google Search

Just giving a shout out to a fellow ex-Islander. My family is still there and visit often. I'm now in Brooklyn. I'm going to ask around about these sounds. Most of my friends are still there.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
posting a reply as a bookmark. i wanna watch those vids later......

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Antz2xplicit

You're just posting random links. We can all do google searches. The ones you posted just sound like wind, not that booming earth sound that the others have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join