It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Weird Activity: Any Staten Islanders On Here?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Whats up guys, sorry didn't know what section of the site this should go in, but im looking for anyone in Staten Island who was around the staten island boardwalk last night dec 22nd, at around 6pm.

i was driving down father capadano blvd coming home to visit family and there were about 50 police cars, paddy wagons and regular cars blocking every entrance to the pier with flashing lights and more police cars speeding inbound from hyland blvd. i opened my car window while driving past and heard the WEIRDEST noise i have ever heard in my life coming from over the boardwalk on the beach. it sounded like strong wind blowing but it was a LOUD metal gyrating sound? if that makes any sense.... i don't want to be cheesy and say it sounded like a ufo from one of those old movies but it did. i wish i had picture or videos but it all happened so fast and after driving for 6 hours from mass all i wanted to do was relax. now its haunting me because its not on the news and my fiance doesn't want to talk about it because "she doesn't want to think about bad things" wtf lol

so if anyone on here seen anything or know what happened i would appreciate your feedback.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Antz2xplicit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If other people saw the commotion, it'd be all over facebook. You might want to do a search there.

Good Luck....

Des

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Antz2xplicit

If you find this out or if somebody does in this thread I will be grateful to the day I die..
I have heard the "Sky sound" as it is often called.. Being clear I heard this a while ago and in North Carolina..

IT DOES sound just like that Kiev video, or some crazy movie or whatever... Like metal grating dimensional shift mixed with a little airplane roar for good measure..
Don't want to clog your thread, but I'll be looking over this...

edit on 12/23/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

-Shudders- If it's in that area, it's getting closer to happening here then. I swear, I never want to have to hear that sound first hand. It just strikes some kind of primal wrong chord within me like it couldn't mean anything good for anybody. It just freaks me out.

@OP Try googling for news reports or scouring facebook for anyone in the area that might've experienced it?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Antz2xplicit

Seems as though ATS would not be the place to ask....perhaps your local police department or news would be the place to start. I mean what is the likelihood that there would be anyone here that would have a clue what the heck you are talking about. Might be only 3 people from the entire state of New York on here right now.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
For future reference, here is a page for you to look up OP.

Radio Reference - New York City Feeds

The primary benefit of the site is the scanner audio feeds of course. However, (it's late for this incident) the text feeds below the map are tactical or other wide area emergency alerts for the area covered. In what you're describing it may have been up there yesterday?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Can someone link a clip of this sound? I've only recently heard of this phenomenon, very curious.

**preferably something that doesn't need to be downloaded, guess above poster and I posted at the same time. Oops!
edit on 23-12-2012 by Pirateninjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I Tried..Nothing =\

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateninjah
Can someone link a clip of this sound? I've only recently heard of this phenomenon, very curious.

**preferably something that doesn't need to be downloaded, guess above poster and I posted at the same time. Oops!
edit on 23-12-2012 by Pirateninjah because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...

Here's a whole bunch of examples. (Some of the videos are fake I guarantee, but I don't know which ones because I didn't watch to pick them out. But it's still a good example I suppose if you want to hear what it sounds like)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateninjah

Here's what I heard, but I don't know if this is what the OP heard... His description sounds as if it is..

Someone's experience in South Jersey, and Also Mine in Western NC..

Strange Sky Sounds South Jersey

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Holy poo. Gave me chills at around 1:20. Thank you Myo!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I remember that the Kiev video was my first introduction to the weird sky sounds and I when it heard like groaning and growling and just all of those dark deep tones... -shudders- None of it, I just can't stand any of it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Thank you Dusty! That is so messed up. I think I would probably have a heart attack if I heard that in person. Are we all sure it's not some sort of excavation type deal? It obviously sounds more menacing than that, but I haven't heard of people with UFO sighting reporting that sound before.

link   
I think they were filming a movie.

Okay I am completely New York illiterate so I may be WAY off here.

Link

Follow that link and skip that first huge paragraph.

Yumnimelsa
RT @NewYorkology: @olv Staten Island fyi RT @ohny In Snug Harbor, they are filming scenes for Boardwalk Empire. t.co...

If you click the link, it says that pic is from July, though I don't see what the pic has to do with filming a movie/tv show. Also not sure if Snug Harbor is anywhere near where you were.

Also on the website, people are saying the boardwalk is closed until spring because of damage done by Sandy.
edit on 23-12-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

link   
I know guys, i'm kicking myself in the ass. i was honestly going to dial the precient near me the 122nd. but i couldn't grow the balls to do it with my fam around me. i felt like a nut job because i was ranting about it and wouldn't shut up making whistling sounds trying to mimic the noise lol. By all means if someone on here would like to call that precient and ask go right ahead. Actually i would really appreciate it lol

122nd precient

FYI it if you come across and story saying it was them blocking it off because of hurricane sandy that's bull# no police were there tonight.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
FALLING SKIES! Has anyone seen that show? It reminds me of those sounds...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I had that thought in the back of my head. thanks

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

EXACTLY how it was going. only with a higher pitch. that's why i was saying gyrating because it was on off like machinery.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm guessing THIS is what you heard??

The unwelcome, nerve-wracking cacophony — which some residents liken to the soundtrack of a science-fiction movie — is intermittent, heard day and night, often for long periods and at alternating pitches, they say.

It's a construction site where the wind is blowing through the scaffolding and creating a very, strange alien-like sound.

link to vid
edit on 23-12-2012 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2012 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateninjah

Thank you Dusty! That is so messed up. I think I would probably have a heart attack if I heard that in person. Are we all sure it's not some sort of excavation type deal? It obviously sounds more menacing than that, but I haven't heard of people with UFO sighting reporting that sound before.

Where I was at in the mountains there seemed to be air vents and radio towers(6-10 foot towers that would most likely get blocked on three sides by mountains) popping up in random areas not near any buildings, along with areas that became fenced off and a lot of money was spent around these places renewing all the roads (could be to make work available, but it seemed something was going on underground..

However I only heard the sound Once.. Seems in my two years around the area I would have heard more if it was an ongoing project? Or maybe they only need to make that sound once to get the job done?

To the construction site claim.. No construction or anything over one story where I was..

I lean toward magnetic disturbance.. Something not quite ok with Mr. or Mrs. Earth..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join