It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Jerusalem is ours, I don't care what the UN says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Netanyahu: Jerusalem is ours, I don't care what the UN says

rt.com

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Friday said he would continue to ignore the international community's condemnation of Israeli construction plans across the Green Line, in an interview with Channel 2. "The Western Wall is not occupied territory, and I don't care what the United Nations says," Netanyahu said. "We are living in the Jewish State. The capital of the Jewish state, for 3,000 years, has been Jerusalem. I want to say it clearly."

www.jpost.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I knew this was always his stance, as well as PM's before him but never in difiance of UN. This all while about 180 countries in the world demanding Israel come clean about it's Nulcear weapons and sign the NPT.

ISrael will never will get smaller IMO, Land wise anyways.

Something has to give.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Personally I'd rather Israel have Jerusalem, at least they'd develope it and make it safer for tourists. Islam already has plenty of "holy" sites as it is.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow, seems that the International Community is getting a big "[snip] you" from Israel and America of late.

Do we really want these two countries telling us what to do?

I think we need new World Police.

America votes with Israel. America funds Israel. America protects Israel.

When Israel and America lost the recent UN vote and Israel responded by planning new settlements, what does America do? Gives some lame statement about being concerned or something... well whoopde do. Hows about stop funding and protecting them? Hows about stop voting with them.

Its about time the International Community stood up for itself and put sanctions and embargo's on Israel and America. Both are meglomaniac nations that are out for themselves. It is clear.

edit on 23-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: whoops. spelling.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Can you point out any nations that are not out for themselves? Many countries historically have ignored UN resolutions. This is not the first time and it certainly will not be the last.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think Israel needs to have their own Regime Change as it's really looking. However, especially in that nation, that change has to come from within not from outsiders at any level. Much the way America will have to sort it's own issues out and sooner than later most likely.

Having said that.... America protects Israel because there hasn't been a choice about protecting Israel since they cooked up functional nuclear warheads out of Dimona with the help of South Africa. If the U.S. is NOT there to protect Israel two things will happen...right after the Arabs attack from at least 3 directions fairly soon after confirming we're really really serious about staying out of it.

#1. America will lose all credibility it has left at any level with the rest of the World on much of anything. There are ways for Obama to disengage with Israel. This isn't it. Israel and the US share numerous binding treaties and they include treaties regarding military aid. Also, America ALREADY has U.S. military forces in Israel. Actually in the Sinai Desert as part of the ongoing 1979 onward Multinational Peacekeeping Forces.

What is that command supposed to do? Throw out white flags or shoot in all directions? No one will ignore them. Neither side can bypass them. Bad Bad places for all this.....

#2. Israel will either get divine intervention as Holy Scriptures foresee happening and at the end of basically the line of events we've watched happen over the past 10-15 years, too................Or................... Israel will be brutally defeated and Hamas as well as others have made it clear...right in their own Charter as well as statements, Israel won't be merely defeated, they will be obliterated as a people and to a person. Swept from the land, as it were.

Well, Israel has an answer for that and they have since they popped the first nuke to test and confirm it really worked as expected. It's called the Samson option. It's no joke, it's no bluff and it's no simple threat. It's a statement of what they simply WILL do as they accept a defeat is imminent. The symbolic meaning is something like this:

Pulitzer Prize-winning author ("My Lai 4") Seymour M. Hersh made this hypothesis in his 1991 best seller "The Samson Option."

Captured and cruelly maimed, the book’s biblical namesake uttered the ultimate fighting words, "Let my soul die with the Philistines."

That said, the divinely empowered Samson pushed apart the temple pillars - collapsing the roof and killing himself as well as his enemies.
Source

The actual meaning is thought to be the use of their entire deploy-able nuclear weapons arsenal as pre-organized targeting lists would deem best set ...and as a big "If we die, you get there first" to the whole region and all her enemies. A similar plan by the U.S. and Soviets are things I heard rumored growing up..but who knows on that. Israel? I take them at their word and so has every U.S. President.

I think they are friends by choice....but allies by pure pragmatic necessity. We can end the friendship....but the other comes with millions more dead than just Israel's 7 million Jewish/Arab population, IMO.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
we have to observe if this attitude comes from the whole country of Israel or from the sionist group .....who manages who within the state??..

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CincinnatiReds

Don't be a prejudiced jerk.
It's as safe as it's gonna get.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CincinnatiReds
Personally I'd rather Israel have Jerusalem, at least they'd develope it and make it safer for tourists. Islam already has plenty of "holy" sites as it is.

Jerusalem belongs to everyone

Christians, Jews and Muslims
edit on 23/12/2012 by RizeorDie because: And Baha'ites

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner
Wow, seems that the International Community is getting a big "[snip] you" from Israel and America of late.

Do we really want these two countries telling us what to do?

I think we need new World Police.

America votes with Israel. America funds Israel. America protects Israel.

When Israel and America lost the recent UN vote and Israel responded by planning new settlements, what does America do? Gives some lame statement about being concerned or something... well whoopde do. Hows about stop funding and protecting them? Hows about stop voting with them.

Its about time the International Community stood up for itself and put sanctions and embargo's on Israel and America. Both are meglomaniac nations that are out for themselves. It is clear.

edit on 23-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: whoops. spelling.

Without the US, the UN is more worthless than it is now. The US funds 25% of the UN alone.

US: 25%
China: 2%

Maybe if other countries pull their weight they can complain.

Cheers to Israel for staying strong. Other topics, I do not fully agree with Israels position. This one, I do.
edit on 23-12-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If Netanyahu and other cronies were tried and imprisoned, no matter how long it takes I think peace could be established so long as we never let history be erased concerning what is happening. We simply need to grow past it. Fanatical feelings on both sides will die out, we simply pursue justice on a larger scale.

There cannot be full scale war.... nothing will ever get resolved.

The Jewish people cannot be blamed if they were deceived by a force that has ruled them.
To punish them by bringing war to topple Israel only adds fuel to the fire. Cronies will be the devil on the shoulder telling them they were persecuted for their faith and we know this isn't true. They/we all share the same creator... but they also need to realize this... and that they were not privileged after all this time to simply go and take other people's land.

This is why we should be going after the perpetrators and stop listening to their political assault on the world.

Just about everything they say is so laden with manipulative intent that it's insulting to the intellect.

And now we get it right in the face out in the open.... he has lost all sense of humility.

WHAT is the international community going to do about this?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

How about the Palestinians get serious about peace, then we can talk. As it is Hamas in no way wants peace. Palestinian terrorists do not want peace. Most Israelis do. Stop the rockets, get serious, stop making rediculous demands, and peace can happen.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The Jewish people cannot be blamed if they were deceived by a force that has ruled them.

yeah lol, they just sat there and let their brothers ruin everything.

i swear, 1 well placed nuke would bring peace to this world

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Islamists want Jersualem as the capital of the new caliphate. Even the "moderate" President of Egypt, Mohammed Morsi stated this publically. Netanyahu should not yield to these people. Palestinians forget their ancestors yielded to fantatical Jihadists of the previous Caliphates, that is why they are Muslim and have lost their original religions and customs. Only a fool would deny Israel it's assertion of identity and territory.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

How about the Palestinians get serious about peace, then we can talk. As it is Hamas in no way wants peace. Palestinian terrorists do not want peace. Most Israelis do. Stop the rockets, get serious, stop making rediculous demands, and peace can happen.

Wrong. They do want peace.

They just know that they will never get it with Israel around because Israel isn't really a country... it's a scam for global dominance.

Arabs AND the non-Arabs who live there have damn good reason to want that crap out of their region.... it's a mob.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The probably won't and I don't see what's wrong with this one.

Think about this really simply. Why has Palestinian power fallen as Syria falls into civil war?

Could it be that Iran can no longer finance and fund and arm Palestine?

The war is a joke to the wise man. A generation born to die by a foreign power seeking war.

Palestine is defeated. And it is good that it has been. It was a bought and paid for people. Much like Israel.

Now with Iran out of the picture and the US broke, you see reality clearer. Palestine is full of hateful people who drag people through the streets if they dare support anyone else. The same kind of people putting acid in school girl faces in Afghanistan. Radical Islam. Like the westboro church here, but with guns and missiles.

Israel is simply taking what's theirs now. They were given the opportunity to live in peace. Both sides were. Both sides voted for war hawks. One side one. That's the end of the story. The Palestinians bet on their god, not knowing it was really Iran in disguise. Syria fell, and Iran's funding got cut off.

It's over.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Let them both blow each other to Hell ( which is where they are all going ) peace was never on either of their agenda's so let them destroy each other and we can go on in our own peaceful lives. Both the party's involved are pathetic and if they can't get their houses in order by now they never will, hence let mutual annihilation take its due course.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What in the world was that post supposed to be?

So now we spin again.... and you say Iran has perpetrated the recent attacks on Palestine in some indirect way.

This is what is called a last ditch effort to use reverse psychology and it's a bad one.

It really makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Let them both blow each other to Hell ( which is where they are all going ) peace was never on either of their agenda's so let them destroy each other and we can go on in our own peaceful lives. Both the party's involved are pathetic and if they can't get their houses in order by now they never will, hence let mutual annihilation take its due course.

Get out of the thread if this issue is not important to you.

Who deserves happiness that would not stand up for another's happiness?

Their lives have been trampled under foot for global dictators and I have no desire to talk to anyone who cannot see this because it's pretty stinking obvious.

edit on 23-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Wrong. They do want peace.

They just know that they will never get it with Israel around because Israel isn't really a country... it's a scam for global dominance.

Arabs AND the non-Arabs who live there have damn good reason to want that crap out of their region.... it's a mob.

Yes, when I want peace with my neighbor I try to kill his children and lob bombs over his fence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join