It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Bush is so Dangerous

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
bt,

You almost make appeasement sound courageous. Just a question, what makes you think that Kerry would be an improvement�.you should be careful what you wish for you just may get it.

As for two world wars, I thought that Ireland sat out WW2

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It boggles the mind why any true American would want Kerry as our President. He would subjugate our national interests to "International tests"?. He voted FOR the war in Iraq yet votes AGAINST the money to fund it? Worse still, he maligns President Bush for sending our young people into harm's way without adequate protection (body armor, etc.) while the $87B bill that he voted against would have provided just such protection.

And yet this vet-slagging hypocrite may, by this time tomorrow, be our President-elect.

Sick. The thought makes me want to vomit.

Bush is dangerous? Kerry threatens all that is American.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
In Northern Ireland the British army [who conquered the world at one time] have been fighting so called terrorist in Ireland for not just 35 years, but over 300 years and they have found that the only way to resolve the Irish conflict is through peace talks. Every week American troops stay in Iraq more will come home in body bags and believe me no-one wants to see that, just as no-one wants to here or see evidence of Asian children being bombed in their homes. It took I believe 56,000 American troops to loose their lives in Vietnam and countless other causalities of that war for Americans to release time to get out. Don�t make the same mistake again in Iraq. With bush in the White House and his puppet masters by his side, I personally believe that as president he will bog you down in Iraq or possible even Iran for another four years. Now how many body bags will come home in that period and more importantly how many innocent lives will be lost in Iraq? I don�t want to hammer home these points but I do want to remind you the reader that around 2 million people lost their lives in Cambodia, people who where no threat to America and who are still no threat to America. Will 2 million be an acceptable amount in Iraq?

With regards to the 1st and 2nd WW, yes the Rep of Ireland elected not to participate in the war as a country, though thousands of Irish men and women joined the British army which many of them hated for atrocities that the British committee against their own homeland, but still they fought side by side with the British in both WW�s. My own grandfather and then his two sons fought in both wars, all three died. My wife lost 2 ancestors in both wars also. I currently have a full cousin in the marine reserve in the States who could be sent to Iraq soon, I�d hate to think he would be sent out there to die for nothing.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You're forgetting we aren't tea time nancy boy brits

By the way.... check out this site and see who was one of the main reasons we couldn't finish off the Vietnam war.... Maybe they don't teach you this stuff over there in Ireland.... But we actually had that war won at one point!!!

ice.he.net...

[edit on 2-11-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackthunder
�������.. I don�t want to hammer home these points but I do want to remind you the reader that around 2 million people lost their lives in Cambodia, people who where no threat to America and who are still no threat to America. Will 2 million be an acceptable amount in Iraq?

Go ahead and hammer�.I�m not exactly sure of any point you�re hammering besides: things will be tough�..RUN�..as I said you almost make appeasement sound acceptable.

Two big differences between American occupation and British�.they are still there. We won�t be very long. Worst case scenario we will call the worlds hand and pull out. The other difference is that Britain often was in an acquisition mode.

With regards to the 1st and 2nd WW, yes the Rep of Ireland elected not to participate in the war as a country, though thousands of Irish men and women joined the British army ������

As they did in the American civil war among others�..I�ve seen some of the boards that list Irish involvement in all sorts of wars all around the world, many times on both sides. Funny thing is they are often in large numbers on both sides, were they on both sides of the two WWs? In any numbers I mean, not 1000�s on one and 5 guys on the other.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
These values run deep in the American soul, and EastCoastKidism consciously taps them. But they are not democratic. Unwavering discipline, demonization of foes, disdain for reality and a personal sense of infallibility based on faith are the stuff of a theocracy - the president as pope or mullah and policy as religious warfare.

Boiled down, EastCoastKidism is government by jihadis in the grip of unshakable self-righteousness - ironically the force the administration says it is fighting. It imposes rather than proposes.

EastCoastKidism surreptitiously and profoundly changes our form of government, a government that has been, since its founding by children of the Enlightenment, open, accommodating, moderate and generally reasonable.

The Kettle is Black.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
These values run deep in the American soul, and EastCoastKidism consciously taps them. But they are not democratic. Unwavering discipline, demonization of foes, disdain for reality and a personal sense of infallibility based on faith are the stuff of a theocracy - the president as pope or mullah and policy as religious warfare.

simple question name one single american conflict that similar tactics were not in play?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I see that my views have stirred up a little debate, good. Now that I have you attention let raise a few other points.

Point one: Compared to America, Ireland and countries like Ireland are like birds sitting on a Bull�s back. Unlike Americans though, we birds are free to fly where we like and to follow our hearts, not some idiot like G W Bush.

Point two: How many countries can Americans travel to in complete safety and be respected by the people they meet in that country? I�m sure the list is getting shorter and shorter.

Point three: Just as in Korea where Americans got their ass kicked, the little Vietnamese did the same. You think you would have won that war but the simple truth is that you lost. The only way for you to have won the Vietnam War is to have nuked the whole country, just as you did with the Japanese in WW2 again killing innocent civilians by the hundreds of thousands.

Point four: "There's an old...saying in Tennessee...I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once...(3 second pause)... Shame on...(4 second pause)...Shame on you....(6 second pause)...Fool me...Can't get fooled again." --George W. Bush to Nashville, Tennessee audience, Sept. 17, 2002, MSNBC-TV. Look�s like you Americans have been fooled twice by this president and elected an idiot twice and there�s me thinking you guys where intelligent, Daaaaaaah.

Oh and lastly, I wonder if you guys will be backing Bush when he and his puppet masters square up to China over Taiwan or North Korea.

Have a nice day now

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
hmmmm,

I've yet to do this to anyone on this site, but I am very close to blocking you for you're ignorant statements.

You're calling the President of MY country an idiot, by doing that your calling my fellow people idiots, and by calling my fellow Americans idiots, you're calling me an idiot.

Did you read my post above with the info on the Vietnam war? probably not.

You do realize that if we didnt drop those bombs on Japan we may have lost that war!!! You wouldn't be living in Ireland anymore bud, you'd be living in some Japanese State or something and you wouldn't have the freedom to make your hateful statements!!!

You hate us now until you get in trouble then its like.... oh shi*!!! America we need you, we're sorry. ALl our potatos are dying, send us relief please!!!! we need you.

Then, a screw the US we don't need them........

bottom line is, at least we are doing something, something that would be easier with your countries help, something that when finished will better the whole world in general.

If you're blind to this, or just don't want to see this, then thats your problem.

By the way I didn't block you, but you did pis* me off!!! Remember you are a minority on here, the vast majority of us are proud Americans and when you make callous statements like that... well, you better expect a backlash.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Point one: Compared to America, Ireland and countries like Ireland are like birds sitting on a Bull�s back. Unlike Americans though, we birds are free to fly where we like and to follow our hearts, not some idiot like G W Bush.
boy oh boy your really making appeasement sound good�.so you mean to say by living in a country too small and unimportant to be concerned with world events�.we can ignore all around and play in sea�.wow you truly are making appeasement sound very inviting maybe I�ll move there.

Point two: How many countries can Americans travel to in complete safety and be respected by the people they meet in that country? I�m sure the list is getting shorter and shorter.
boy the points for kissing a&& just keep rolling in�.i think you actually have me convinced, that ostriching is really a good thing.

Point three: Just as in Korea where Americans got their ass kicked, the little Vietnamese did the same. You think you would have won that war but the simple truth is that you lost.
as for Korea�.I thought there were two separate countries there? As for both conflicts�.as communism was spreading all over and now it�s not how you figure.

Point four: "There's an old...saying in Tennessee...I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once

So the next time you misspell a word can I quote you and call you an idiot�.gee awaiting that next post.

Oh and lastly, I wonder if you guys will be backing Bush when he and his puppet masters square up to China over Taiwan or North Korea.
boy that�s it, you have me convinced that sticking your head in the sand, and hiding behind other countries skirts is the way to go�.that�s it I�m moving over there.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
LostSailor these are not ignorant statements that I�m making, they are the truth and the truth hurts. I don�t live in a country where the leader continually tells lie after lie and has the cheek to call himself a Christian. Bush wouldn�t know a Christian if one jumped up and bit him in the backside. I�m not making these remarks for fun or to irritate anyone, I genuinely would like Americans to wake up and realize what they are becoming, a nation of sheep. It�s no wonder your country�s divided in two.

With regards to insinuating that the American people are idiots and therefore yourself one, I retract that statement and apologize for implying this. I will not retract the initial statement which refers to Bush being an idiot for I believe him to be exactly that, I�m equally pissed off that he�s been voted back in.

With regards to reading your post about Kerry supporting an end to the Vietnam War and others like him that shared the same goal, I must say that I didn�t read this and the reason why I didn�t is because I made the point that you lost this war and you can�t go back and change history. The reason in my previous post for using these points is to demonstrate to you that force and force alone does nothing but inflict pain, suffering and hardship on both sides of any conflict. It was the Duke of Wellington that said �Next to a battle lost, the greatest misery is a battle gained�, for the simple fact of war is that there are no winners in any conflict just death and destruction.

With regards to Japan or Germany for that matter, do you really believe one country on this huge planet could obtain the goal of conquering, suppressing and controlling the nations of the world, I don�t think so. The lessons learned from both WW�s are that no one country could affectively conqueror the world, they could do a lot of damage attempting to do so, but that�s about all. My point therefore is that America should stop trying to jockey for position as the Daddy in the house if you know what I mean.

I don�t hate anyone, not even Bush. Hatred is a negative energy that consumes the mind and distorts the truth. Throughout my life people have physically attacked me by trying to shoot, stab and even blow me up. I have sat in a room with people that killed members of my family and friends and had these same discussions about violence, conflict and even war. Through dialogue, sometimes quite painful and aggressive dialogue I have found that people truly can work towards the greater goal of peace. I�m not saying [Keholmes] that every conflict can be solve by dialogue, sometimes there is the need to resort to armed conflict for the greater good, but not until all avenues of diplomacy have been used fully. This is why I bothered to write these comments in the first place, as I believe your president and therefore America�s stance in dealing with foreign affairs is a policy of hit first and ask questions later. Hitler, Stalin, even Hussein applied this strategy and look where that took them.

Lastly I ask you what is more important: to be a proud American or a humble human?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join