It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushmaster Ad Run During Sandy Hook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
CNN: Not Man Enough? Buy a Gun

These are screenshots from the Bushmaster website. As we now know, Adam Lanza (the shooter) had a Bushmaster rifle. This page has now been taken down due to Sandy Hook.

Coincidentally, they name a "Adam L" in their ads...

Adam L avoids eye contract with tough looking 5th graders. MAN CARD REVOKED

The general idea of the campaign is: your a sissy until you buy a Bushmaster rifle.
So if this "Adam L" person is scared of 5th graders BEFORE he buys a rifle, what will he do once he buys one? Kill the 5th graders??

This is either really bad timing by Bushmaster for this particular ad, or it was placed there on purpose.
edit on 23-12-2012 by waltdisney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I see nothing in those screenshots that proves it came from Bushmaster. Checking further.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So um, what are you saying?

Do you have a theory to go along with this thread?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I see nothing but blogs for proof of this. Wayback machine has nothing for nearly 6 months.

Edited to add: Even the dang CNN article the OP lists only references buzzfeed.com. Buzzfeed itself is the originating author. I'm calling bunk. The only thing that lists under "Bushmaster man card" is the blogs! apparently it didn't "rage across twitter" as buzzfeed suggests. No other websites mention anything about twitter quotes.
edit on 23-12-2012 by netwarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2012 by netwarrior because: cain't speel to gud.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Google "Man Card ad removed from Bushmaster website" its everywhere.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Which both lead back to buzzfeed.

If it pissed off that many people it would be all over the place. It's terribly easy to photoshop something like this.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am not doubting that bushmaster led the ad campaign. I can see the directory on their website. What i doubt is the veracity of the "Adam L" pictures, because the only place those are seen is buzzfeed. Conveniently, the bushmaster site is down to confirm this picture.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The original is Colin F, not Adam L. This pic is probably a photoshopped parody not to be taken seriously.

Here's the original:
edit on 23-12-2012 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The whole ad campaign is fishy, which is why it was pulled down. CNN brought me to the Adam L screenshots, so if they are fake, why is CNN directing people there?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

The templets are from Bushmasters Website anyone could have made this...you go in fill out a couple things and it makes them you can even print them off to give to unmanly friends...it is all a promotional thing like the VW Backseat Drivers License.
edit on 23-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

Here is the page....I can't make one atm my net is seriously restricted here.

My guess is someone used Adam L as their name or it is another Adam L....Little, Long, Lang, ect....all common names.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by waltdisney

If you compare the Colin F and Adam L pictures, the background behind ADAM is not as clear as the background behind COLIN. That proves that the ADAM letters were photoshopped there. Besides, it's much easier to photoshop ADAM when you have COLIN than to photoshop COLIN when you have ADAM because there's no 'N' anywhere else in the advery.

Sorry, I hadn't read through paranoid's post just now. Then someone must have put Adam L in there as a joke.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It's a freaking ad made by a poor quality guns manufacturer. The Adam L was added in there.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It's either an MK Ultra project targeting Adam L ... or it's a poor photoshop job and a sick joke.

In case you are having trouble figuring out which it is, photoshop is involved.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DriCo04
It's a freaking ad made by a poor quality guns manufacturer. The Adam L was added in there.

Bushmaster made quality weapons until purchased by Remington (Freedom Group).
Remington is owned by Cerberus Capital Management which own Freedom Group.
Cerberus Capital Management was thought to be owned by George Soros, although it is only speculation,
and maybe false.
wiki.answers.com...
www.factcheck.org...
Cerberus Capital Management also now owns;
DPMS,
Advanced Armament Corporation
Marlin ( www.factcheck.org... )
Dick Dyke, who started Bushmaster has retooled and is in the process of building quality firearms again
(Windham Weaponry www.keepmecurrent.com... ).

new topics

top topics

join