Humans Are Getting Steadily Smarter, Especially Girls

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I heard from my sister, that she caught a part of a conversation between customers in the store she works in, where one girl had occasion to mention the Earth in the context of the solar system as a whole. Another girl turned to her and asked "What the hell is the Earth when its at home?".

Worlds become bloody idiotic.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm a woman. Whether or not I FEEL smart or intelligent depends on what I've studied and how long I've studied it. I don't consider myself a very smart person at all and am a bit embarrassed about it. I'm not a complete idiot and that is my consolation.
I don't care all that much about my lack of math skills, my priorities are different than most and someone made an interesting comment which made me think about women's lib, more specifically what Aaron Russo said about women's lib. It's my belief that parents should have a LARGE hand in teaching their children instead of leaving it all up to the school system and mainstream media and the healthcare INDUSTRY. The elves on the shelves can only do so much folks, if we want kids to be smart according to our standards, we need to teach them what we think they should know...it's all about priorities imo.
For those who would assume that I dress "like a slut", I don't, and from personal experience, guys really don't care if I look like a pauper.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Ive stared you for your ideas of teachings..
Educate, and quiz

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

It is comical,.. the out of touch people we encounter in life..

All one can do is either walk away and smile or involve and explain

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
From what i can see in the world intelligence only exist in our design not function.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I know whores when I see them.

Let me guess...."They were asking for it", too?

I get it. You concern yourself with what other people do with their genitals. For whatever reason.
edit on 25-12-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No, in this thread, elsewhere on this site, and in week to week interactions.

Are you suggesting that my post should include things which are only directly mentioned in the OP?

WHY??

Do you not see how this ties into the OP??

Look at the title of this freaking thread. It's obviously agenda driven, and not scientific.

When you write "so some are trying to say that women are getting smarter than men" in this thread, it invites misinterpretation by others, of what the OP addressed.

We all see that happen in threads- one person makes it sound like another said something they didn't, and people keep going afterwards as if they did- no matter how many times you come in and rectify "No, that is not what I said! "

The study in question and the op did not say women were getting smarter than men. It said that females and males normally excell in different areas of thought skill, and recently females seem to making progress in developing more of the "male" skills. Not that they passed men in those area- more like they might be "catching up" or making for less contrasted differences.

Of course we could all still challenge that assertion and the study and have differing opinions on it, but that can only be constructive if we are all on the same topic.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Funny how a thread about intelligence can turn into one about slutxs and stuff.
Can't anyone see beyond a person's appearance.

Some of you lot bandy words like slut around as if its a bad thing!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Is this perhaps in Asia or some small tiny country somewhere?

I can't see this amongst the people I meet and come across here in the U.S. unless they are Asian exchange students.

I could have sworn the majority of folks are getting dumber and dumber, at least it seems so

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join