It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A list of already debunked theories, re: Sandy hook

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

If I had to go with one it would be that your mistake is a microcosm of this whole fiasco. Whether or not it's 100% false claims being made (i.e. the facebook url), to your rush to jump down someone's throat for something someone else did; Both could have been avoided by using just a little more critical thinking and being just a little bit more prepared. We're talking in the realm of 5 to 10 extra seconds.
edit on 25-12-2012 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Link333333

You put it better than I. You are correct. It's not thatw we don't have a timelone, its that we have an incomplete timeline from only one source. Star for you for articulating better than I.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by swansong19

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by sweord

Tell me, how can we question an official story that hasn't been put forth?

Nobody is askig you not to think. Some of us are just asking you to think logically

That is so disingenuous it's unbelievable. We have an official story. It was front page news for a week. Every person with an electronic device knows...knows...a kid with mental problems...Adam Lanza...got into his wacky mom's gun stash...killed her and lit up a school.
completely false, and a perfect example of exactly what is wrong with this whole thing. We have media speculation from mostly unspecified sources. We DO NOT have an official story.

Yet people claim that the media speculation is the same as an OS. And wr end up with he reopening that has been floodig this site for days now.
edit on 25-12-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

link   
found this
compared to that
with this guy remembering some bad stuff that went on
i'm comparing someone who survived a violent attack, with a veteran talking about a very intense situation and how people talking about sandyhook differ in emotional range to something mind numbingly grotesque comparing and contrasting their stories
edit on 25-12-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

do people smile when they lie?

link   

reply to post by Link333333

You put it better than I. You are correct. It's not thatw we don't have a timelone, its that we have an incomplete timeline from only one source. Star for you for articulating better than I.

Nonsense.

We KNOW when the call came in. We KNOW when the police arrived. We KNOW when the shooting stopped and the school was cleared.

And We KNOW what this hero/witness has said on interview after interview.

The fact that you don't seem to want to deal with it doesn't change any of it.

edit...You say "no official story" as tho the police haven't said one word since it happened.

There have been many official statements by the police.
edit on 25-12-2012 by swansong19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So we have an unofficial story; and you are more than comfortable with debunking speculation with an unofficial story. Go for it Champ!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by swansong19

So, lay out the entire timeline for us, since you claim to know it. Shouldnt be difficult to make a list. go on, give us the complete, unabridged timeline.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

So we have an unofficial story; and you are more than comfortable with debunking speculation with an unofficial story. Go for it Champ!

wrong again. Nothing I have debunked has anything to do with an OS. Every bit of it has to do with outlandish theories, made up for egotistical purposes, that have no backing at all.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Trust us members when we say we don't like seeing the insane posts either. Actually it reflects worse on s.true you created the site, but when questions are asked the focus is on who posts here. Who are these crazy people? So we don't want to be grouped in with loons. That said, I've commented on the crazy stuff, and I entertain ideas thatare off the wall, but as an exercise usually, entertainment. I think it's important to allow some off the wall speculation as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

But I can say, there have been times when I (someone that comes here mostly because its a catch all for good news stories), a healthy skeptic, have thought "damn just posting here could make me look crazy" lol, luckily thre is a strong community of intelligent healthy minded people that just like to stretch their imaginations. You said this has brought out the worst in ATS, I think it's just brought the worst too ATS. However I think we should remain free to talk on this subject.

link   

link   

So, lay out the entire timeline for us, since you claim to know it. Shouldnt be difficult to make a list. go on, give us the complete, unabridged timeline.

So when trying to bully me with phony claims doesn't work you're gonna try to back me into a corner?

Good luck. The info is there...80 pages worth (you were there)...if you care. Unfortunately...and with respect...I think you're more interested in demonizing the few that stepped over the line with this discussion than actually examining it critically.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

wrong again. Nothing I have debunked has anything to do with an OS. Every bit of it has to do with outlandish theories, made up for egotistical purposes, that have no backing at all.

Outlandish theories responding to an unofficial story? Go for it dude!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

That's why there's edit, or the opton of responding with a correction. Critical thinking has nothing to do with it. It was just a mistake, sorry it happens to me once every one thousand posts. So you just want to argue over something that has nothing to do with you?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Okay so what IS the Official story?

The news (just now) is saying that he only used an AR-15 and are tying it into the NY Firefighter ambush claiming "Same Gun, same rounds, etc...

So whats the story "officially"- lets start there if anyone even kn ows it since there has not been much of one.

-Heres my take. It was Lanza and he used a Long Gun the end.

Anything else "official"

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by swansong19

So when trying to bully me with phony claims doesn't work you're gonna try to back me into a corner?

Good luck. The info is there...80 pages worth (you were there)...if you care. Unfortunately...and with respect...I think you're more interested in demonizing the few that stepped over the line with this discussion than actually examining it critically.

Bullying? Come on now. You said that you have the timeline. So post it. It's that simple.
You can try and back out all you want, but you said it, flat out. That you know the timeline. In fact, you called me disingenuous for saying we don't.

So lay it out there if you have it. No more weaseling. Put up or shut up, that simple.

Do you have the timeline or not?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
Okay so what IS the Official story?

-Heres my take. It was Lanza and he used a Long Gun the end.

Anything else "official"

You nailed it. You should be an investigative reporter

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

edit on 25-12-2012 by SphinxMontreal because: Yeah, lay out the timeline for the unofficial story!

Yeah, lay out the timeline for the unofficial story!
edit on 25-12-2012 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
The captain has done ATS a great service with this thread. S&F worthy.

Another one to add to the list is the bushmaster in the trunk theory. Another thread has 99% identified the weapon as a Seiga shotgun. There are several other wannabe conspiracy threads but they are ludicrous. There entire premise has been based off of bad reporting which only proves that the media is inept.

Doing a little bit of internet investigating are ya? Hmmm, how hypocritical of you. You don't know what gun was in the trunk. Perhaps you should stop theorycrafting while you are judging others for doing the same..... Glass houses and all that.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join