It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A list of already debunked theories, re: Sandy hook

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Speaking from the tiny quadruple disaster ridden state of Connecticut.

There has been no official release of information conclusively by the Connecticut State Police as of yet, ie: there is no official story only Media Speculation...

Yup. People keep invoking the "official story" and saying that it is wrong, but it hasnt even been released yet.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfZeal
Obvious troll/dis-info thread is obvious.

At this point, any threads coming out trying to debunk, or defend the official story, is seen as the nutjobs now. Give it a rest. Your attempts will not work with the majority of us who have exposed this False Flag inside job.

I'm done with this thread, not giving any more replies to it.

What official story is being defended? Blind accusation-troll is obvious

If you can refute ANY of what I have posted, please do. I beg you. Because this thread is about sifting out the garbage. And I do not want to post false info in it.

So please, show me where I defend the (non-existant) official story, and please, tell me what I have posted here that isnt true?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

At this point, any threads coming out trying to debunk, or defend the official story, is seen as the nutjobs now. Give it a rest. Your attempts will not work with the majority of us who have exposed this False Flag inside job.

Uh what part of there is no Official Story to defend or debunk yet did you not get? There has been no official story given to anyone, just a "we believe X has happened but that is subject to change as it's an ongoing investigation"

Please enlighten me as to how that's a finalized official story....

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
none of them even needed debunking by rational people

if these 26 people had been murdered one at a time over a span of a year no one here would care

but because it was a media event, it has to be a conspiracy

seeing conspiracy in everything does not make you a critical thinker, it makes you a sheep

baaaaa

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Uh what part of there is no Official Story to defend or debunk yet did you not get? There has been no official story given to anyone, just a "we believe X has happened but that is subject to change as it's an ongoing investigation"

Please enlighten me as to how that's a finalized official story....

Unfortunately, some people are so dead-set on finding a conspiracy here, that they have suspended logical thought.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Good thread for debunking

I do feel though that you should have added something that supports each claim as being false.
Otherwise all you are realliy saying is I think this is highly unlikely. Highly unlikely and what I' personally think isn't enough and is not satisfactory debunking.

Each of these silly claims provided sources, where are yours?
Or tear into these alleged sources so they are shown to be false .

Anyways I'm with you, I think people really died. I think a massacre took place and lives were lost, lives were destroyed.

Still though, I like to keep an open mind and remember sometimes it can be 'Not Everything Is As It Seems' .It would serve you well to remember that quote for future conspiracies on any subject.
edit on 23-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Cause if you don't agree with the "conspiracy (key word)" being a FALSE FLAG, your a dis-info AGENT or Troll.......

/Deny Ignorance

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Good thread for debunking

I do feel though that you should have added something that supports each claim as being false.
Otherwise all you are realliy saying is I think this is highly unlikely. Highly unlikely and what I' personally think isn't enough and is not satisfactory debunking.

Each of these silly claims provided sources, where are yours?
Or tear into these alleged sources so they are shown to be false .

Anyways I'm with you, I think people really died. I think a massacre took place and lives were lost, lives were destroyed.

Still though, I like to keep an open mind and remember sometimes it can be 'Not Everything Is As It Seems' .It would serve you well to remember that quote for future conspiracies on any subject.
edit on 23-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

Most of the debunking has been done ad nauseum in other threads. If there is any one that you would like clarification on, please, ask, and I will provide. The only ones I wont bother with are the theories that have no evidence, whatsoever, such as the "actors" theory. It is absurd to the point of being insulting.

That said, I did not say ANYWHERE that I dont believe there could be more going on than what it seems. In fact, I have stated quite the opposite. Just because I am calling out all of the blatantly false theories, does not mean there arent those with some merit.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I like this thread. Good on you cap!! It is constructive, it brings us together to do collective research. It's not black and white. So many of us are still high up on the fence making sense of that day.

I believe Adam Lanza fired shots inside the school that day. Does this make me a shill? No it doesn't.
edit on 23-12-2012 by sticky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
While the libor thing is a rumor, there were some interesting financial connections drawn.

The fact that it was a rumor that came out so early makes me go hmmm.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I am curious about the Ryan Lanza Facebook page. It is supposed to be the real page. Here is a screen grab someone did of his first reaction to being accused.

Now the part I am curious about is Michael Shapiro. Then you see the sue them and Mark Zuckerberg name brought up. I just wonder if it is this guy.

communication.cals.cornell.edu...

Michael Shapiro Associate Professor

What coarse does he teach?

Teaching Focus
My teaching focuses on the Psychology of Entertainment Media (Comm 4220: Enrollment about 90) and Advanced Communication Theory (681: a required graduate class.)

Journal Publications
Shapiro, M. A., & Kim, H. (2012). Realism judgments and mental resources: A cue processing model of media narrative realism. 15:93-119.

Shapiro, M. A., (2005). Perceived reality and media entertainment. ICEC conference proceedings 2003: Essays on the future of interactive entertainment. D. Marinelli (ed.), Carnegie Mellon University Press, Pittsburgh, PA. 91-99 p.

Could the Facebook page be a government ran Facebook page?

And to add to it. One of his students.

risk.comm.cornell.edu...

HyeKyung (Kay) Kim is a Ph.D. Candidate in the Communication department. Her research agenda centers on health-related risk communication and organizational crisis communication. Before joining Cornell, she worked as a research executive at TNS Korea, a global market research agency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Publications

Shapiro, M. A., & Kim, H. K. (2012). Realism judgments and mental resources: A cue processing model of media narrative realism. Media Psychology, 15, 93-119

Kim, H. K., & Niederdeppe, J. (In press). Exploring optimistic bias and the Integrated Model of Behavioral Prediction in the context of a campus influenza outbreak. Journal of Health Communication.

Kim, H.K., Bartolo, D., & Niederdeppe, J. (In press). Exploring attributions and emotional reactions in processing narratives about obesity. Journal of Health & Mass Communication.

Kim, H. K.,, & Niederdeppe, J. (In press). The role of emotional response during an H1N1 influenza pandemic on a college campus. Journal of Public Relations Research.

Shapiro, M.A., & Kim, H.K. (In press). Realism is not the default: mental resources and realism judgments. Media Psychology.

Kim, H. K., & Yang, S-U. (2009). Cognitive processing of crisis communication: Effects of CSR and crisis response strategies on stakeholder perceptions of a racial crisis dynamics. Public Relations Journal, 3(1), 1-39.

Could this be a government ran crisis management Facebook page?Every conspiracy has some ring of truth to it. At least the good ones.

edit on 23-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Since my intent was/is not to derail your thread, I'll save this debate for another time more appropiate. Thanks for your replies. I just felt it was a point worth making. FWIW, I think what you've presented in your list are sound views overrall.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

This is potentially the best post I have ever seen on ATS.

You don't beat around the bush, and you don't claim to have debunked every bit of skepticism about the event, but you keep it nice and neat and use logic to back your statements. I don't think there's many people on ATS who have written such a post.

Either way, the whole SANDY HOOK IS A FALSE FLAG argument is utter BS. It's just proof that people sit around on ATS watching the mainstream media and claiming that every single event in the world is tied to a grand conspiracy.

Kudos

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Good Work, Captain! (Good riddance ProphetofZeal)
I am NOT in agreement with all of your debunking logic, but I don't disagree on anything substantial.
Maybe some actors are being used, I don't know for sure - but the laughing father is a non-issue in my mind.
Suffice to say there are a number of missing details that need to come out:
* How many casings were found?
* Who are the people arrested at the scene?
* What about the person fleeing in the nun costume?
* If the M.E.'s story about a minimum of 3 shots per victim is true, doesn't that sound like select fire?

Obviously there are many important questions that still need to be resolved before we get closure. I'm wondering if the official story is going to address all or most of the inconclusive facts and circumstances surrounding this event - you know, let's make the story "fit" approach to appease the skeptics and avoid the type of controversy stirred up by 911.
Just my two cents.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The captain has done ATS a great service with this thread. S&F worthy.

Another one to add to the list is the bushmaster in the trunk theory. Another thread has 99% identified the weapon as a Seiga shotgun. There are several other wannabe conspiracy threads but they are ludicrous. There entire premise has been based off of bad reporting which only proves that the media is inept.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
You may very well be right in each of these instances. But just because someone tells me something has been "debunked", doesn't mean mean it has been.

We are all responsible for using common sense and probability, we ascertain what is likely and plausible through intellect and reasoning, and most people use that to define what is real and what is nonsense.

Someone can tell me that there are purple horses on Mars. It's most likely wrong, correct? But you assume that because you can't see that there are NOT any horses on Mars you accept that it's possible, or even plausible?

This is the strange logic people on ATS have. Far too many here are not using their common sense and basic intelligence and coming to the most PLAUSIBLE answer, even when there is evidence to disprove their wild claims, they cling to them.
edit on 23-12-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by alfa1

Your argument goes for both sides in this debate. You just said it yourself.

...but ATS users surfing the net, are (rather conceitedly) much cleverer than they.

You've decided you're more clever(rather conceitedly) than other ATS users. Because they are such fools to question things you see as foolish to question. To question what is said by another member to be "definitively debunked".

"It now has a label folks. Nothing to see here, move along".

That determination should be made by each individual. I decide for myself whether another members evidence is definitive or not. Again, no offense is intended by my statements.

Who exactly decided these have been definitively debunked? Another ATS user(s).

Fact and historical data doesn't lie. When the Batman movie reference was presented it took me half an hour to find Sandy Hook in New Jersey, and that the creators of Batman based Gotham city on NY. That's why the very famous tourist attraction back then was in the story. There are plenty of references to it throughout the Batman story.

Unless you believe someone invented a time machine to go back and change history, putting Sandy Hook in the Batman stories, then this has been definitively explained.

That's not just opinion, that's fact. We now know why it's in the story, we know that it has been in the story numerous times throughout the decades. We know that the creators included it because it was place they knew in a region they used for the setting of their story.

That should have been case closed, but it wasn't. People just ignored it, pretended the inconvenient debunking didn't exist, and then chose to attack me for DARING to present some actual evidence that contradicted the delusion.

(And delusion is exactly what it is - by the very definition of the word. If people don't like that, complain to whoever it is that creates and describes definitions of words).

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Is it not part of the official story that the shooter was Adam Lanza and that he shot himself and his mother? If not, it sure seems like it is, eh?

Just wondering.
edit on 12/23/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

This is a false flag inside job event. I smell troll/dis-info.

And here we have another example of what happens when people try to offer an alternative view based in fact and evidence rather then interpretation, rumour and speculation - you're automatically "one of them" intending to destroy discussion of what really happened.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
The captain has done ATS a great service with this thread. S&F worthy.

Another one to add to the list is the bushmaster in the trunk theory. Another thread has 99% identified the weapon as a Seiga shotgun. There are several other wannabe conspiracy threads but they are ludicrous. There entire premise has been based off of bad reporting which only proves that the media is inept.

Exactly.

They get paid to sensationalize. The Yellow Journalism in this Country is Pathetic too. Agendas, and shoddy reporting. How many times does a story change, in the matter of an hour ? Especially if its a breaking story? You can have 10 people in a room, and EVERYONE of them will have a different story, when asked....... It happens ALL the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join