It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who am I? **A Story of the Struggle for Spiritual Liberation**

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wow, I love this guy. Call me a bulldog if you want. But, I've already figured out most of what he's trying to convey on my own.

I practice meditation, to relax my brainwaves. I also subscribe to "The Secret" idea of self manifestation. I don't really question or know what his motives are. I don't see them a malevolent whatsoever, I feel like im looking at a mirror of my own ideas that he puts to words.

edit to add

I don't understand how anyone can ask for proof of this subject. If such is the case, do you laugh at and question every religious person you encounter. Do you ask your religious leaders how they can believe in GOD with no proof? The idea is quite silly IMHO.
edit on 23-12-2012 by sticky because: (no reason given)

If proof is the only factor whether you believe in something, your ego will never be able to comprehend the message here. You won't ever entertain that you are spiritually ignorant. You just won't accept it, your ego is the source of the problem.

New Age thought for dummies could start with the movie "What the bleep do we know" It's a decent attempt to explain self manifestation in the material dimension.
edit on 23-12-2012 by sticky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Then comes the embarrassment and humility stage.

Humility can be a wonderful teacher.

It is hard to get on "stage" and think all those eyes are looking directly at you.

edit on 23-12-2012 by YourOtherSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Apocryphon

Hello,

We should start a club; I grew up in SoCal with ADHD as well, but in my day it was called 'hyperkinesis'.

So, I read through all of your posts, I have to admit that I normally would not, but the membership's interest caught my attention.

These are interesting times that we live in, especially on the internet where the battle for hearts and minds is so intense. Heck, never mind that, just the battle for stars, flags and 'likes', right?

In fact, it's so interesting, the power of stories and narrative, that the subject has been the primary focus of DARPA for the last several years. I would link you but I think I have worn out all my StoryNet-diatribe tokens around here.

Anyway, I can only imagine that this is a really busy time for their database analyst(s). Gotta strike while the metal is hot, I suppose.

As you can imagine, given our similar backgrounds, I also have had an almost obsessive interest in witchcraft and the occult for nigh on 31 years now. I have pretty much read all of the stories, in other words, from multiple cultures, like yourself, I am sure.

I'm going to have to admit that since I have been experimenting with a computational/biological model of god and conciousness, that I really liked your electrical system and radio analogies.

Otherwise, it seems that you have left out the part where the menu is not the meal and the map is not the territory; the Ego is not the soul. I get the impression that what your story is offering is an updated post-2012 version of 'If it feels good do it", which was disastrous for an entire generation in the 1970s.

My version of the story comes out a little more like this...

There is no God here. We are alone. There are no 'beneficial entities', or what have you. There is no help for us here.

We are going to figure it out with what we come equipped with. We need no help from the outside. We are going to do it in these bodies.

Also, your stuff smacks of Gnosticism. I have a special hammer for Gnosticism. I have you wrong there, right?

Have a nice evening.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Because someone doesn't operate out of the left-brain hemisphere, doesn't mean their opinions hold any less credence. You would do well to remember that.

Broad generalizations are often made in popular psychology about one side or the other having characteristic labels such as "logical" for the left side or "creative" for the right. These labels need to be treated carefully; although a lateral dominance is measurable, these characteristics are in fact existent in both sides,[1] and experimental evidence provides little support for correlating the structural differences between the sides with functional differences.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

I wish you well on your trip tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Thank you, I will most thoroughly enjoy it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

What you say is true. The 'traditional' method of delineating the brain's functionality into 'right' and 'left' is, in light of modern neuroscience, kinda like saying that the world flat.

Thanks for your posts thus far.

VeritasAequitas, this is for you.

edit on 23-12-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Very interesting and from my experience, quite believable. I have wondered as you mentioned, if the government takes note of our postings regarding TK, obe and such. I have posted similar, but then an older man such as myself can fall though the cracks.

You mention the soul which I have been privileged to see on two occasions, once under the tutelage of others and the other when under extreme pain and stress. Both of these were out of body, not dreams.

One thing you mentioned was not losing an ability. After two years of negative attacks, I lost much of my ability doing TK as well as obe's, but that is retuning slowly. Well actually, I still spontaneously go out now and then.

I agree fully with the idea of spiritual freedom for that has been the culminating point At which I have arrived this last year, ultimate freedom which has led me to more or less pull back from most societal input.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

My heart raced when I read paragraphs like this below as It mirrored my views.

What is “spiritual freedom”? It is the freedom you have to exercise your will and utilize the creative and perceptive power of your consciousness as you desire, without limitation. Since your creative and perceptive abilities are limited only by your “knowledge” as described above, the only way spiritual freedom can be restricted is by blocking or denying access to gaining this kind of knowledge. During our soul’s creation, and as we developed a connection to a physical body at birth and even as we’ve continued to grow, we have been given and have learned the knowledge for how to experience this physical reality in a very specific way, with very specific limitations. Our current condition is one of spiritual imprisonment in a sense, because of our soul’s ability to perceive and interact with only this physical reality in this particular way.

Spiritual evolution is the ultimate purpose for existence. The opposition by certain entities to true spiritual freedom is also the fundamental root cause of all forms of oppression in the physical world.

I like to go to the root....

If you examine any type of oppressive or subversive act, and examine the root cause, then look at the root cause of that, then look at the root cause of that, and so on and so forth, it will eventually lead to a root cause involving spiritual repression.

Peace be with you and I look forward to participating in the paranormal and metaphysics forums in the future.

And I do you as well....

This "Who am I" story was a really good read and I appreciate how you "got me in".. whether all true or not it resonated deep within.

Thanks for sharing your story and really do look forward to more insight into your mind.

Jenn

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
thank you for sharing this, I was sat next to a bloke on a plane recently who after a rather strange interaction discussed very similar information with me. Its fascinating that so many are thinking along the same lines. I look forward to hearing more.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Isn't it fascinating that there are some who have never talked, never read about this stuff or been exposed to this arena who are thinking the same way. I never had a clue where my "stuff" came from until the last 6 months. Love it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The Lantern

Into the night, with hopeless glee,
the lantern burns bright, but no one can see,
the simple lust, and stinging desire,
with which we place our hand in the fire.

Into the night, we rush headlong,
to search for the fury, of the just and strong,
only to find a sad farewell,
as we leave behind our hollow shell,
in search of the lantern.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah, well, you are right about a lot of things. Does experiencing an OBE help you become permanently more aware of your momentary surroundings?
edit on 23-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
AfterInfinity, so you know - the Apocryphon is right about everything. It doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks, to be honest. I've experienced similar things to the OP, but never to his extent, as I was not involved in any official programs. But I do know a thing or two about this topic, especially involving perception and creative willpower.
edit on 23-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

How dare you question someone who makes baseless assertions with no facts to back it up!

If you don't swallow every word of it without questioning its validity then it's proof you are a disinfo troll who is blinded by evidence, reason and the scientific method. Open your eyes pal!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There is a book from Eckankar that is fully dedicated to "exercising" your spiritual muscles (much as described by the OP). There may be some manipulation of the ECK teachings by negative forces for all l know, but the book has produced several OBEs for me and the information is simple enough that I have had some success. The title is The Spiritual Exercises of ECK by Harold Klemp. You can find it on Amazon or probably most book stores.

Hope this information will help someone.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Firstly, thank-you for your reply to my 11:11 and other queries in your last thread. Myself and apparently others have found it very insightful.

Through-out my life I have learnt to listen to my instincts, my first instinct is usually the correct one and taking action on it has provided me with many rewards in both my personal and professional life.

Every now and then, someone comes into my life and I believe that it is for a reason, I do not believe in coincidences.

Your words have certainly resonated with me, as it has with others whom have articulated similar comments.

I do plan on creating a thread providing a thorough tutorial on learning to induce out-of-body experiences at some point in the future.

I am very much looking forward to putting this into action.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
how do you know that this is all really real,
and not just some brain-trick or hallucination?

any solid proof?
edit on 24-12-2012 by dinkot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Funny how I keep seeing you and many other skeptics of various natures using Wikipedia as a reference source for your material, and yet universities (and even most high-schools) do not accept Wikipedia as a research tool. If the pillars of the educational establishment do not accept it as a viable source, than why should we? Something tells me you are in dire need of a trip of one sort or another, if you ask me. Lighten up man.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Just so you know, sarcasm does not translate very well in text. All you accomplish in attempting to do so like you just did only results in you appearing to be the very "troll" that you described in your comment. If your comments do not add to the intellectual discourse of Ideas in this thread, than I strongly suggest that you keep it to yourself.
edit on 24/12/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

Funny how I keep seeing you and many other skeptics of various natures using Wikipedia as a reference source for your material, and yet universities (and even most high-schools) do not accept Wikipedia as a research tool. If the pillars of the educational establishment do not accept it as a viable source, than why should we? Something tells me you are in dire need of a trip of one sort or another, if you ask me. Lighten up man.

Should I break out the old psych 101 text-books merely to prove a point on the internet? This isn't a high-school exam. Judging by your attempt at an insult, seems more like a middle school to me. Nonetheless I appreciate your concern and the substance of your posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join