It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who am I? **A Story of the Struggle for Spiritual Liberation**

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Pretty interesting stuff, although I have never had an experience of remote viewing, I have many experiences where I have felt as though my soul has momentarily left my body only to come back suddenly with a crash.
I also lucid dream regularly and do plenty of flying in dreams, what that all means I dont know.
However I believe if we could free our selves of these meat sacks I am certain all our true knowledge would return, I believe in our brain there is some kind of dampening mechanism that has been genetically engineered to block us from any higher thought processes, this means there is an outside influence who controls everything we do.
Can I prove this? At this point, No. It is just a gut feel.
There is no doubt we are controlled through the media and that Laws are constantly created to hamper us from ever truly getting control of our lives. I think the key word is control, which is what the elites do, they have become masters at manipulation, although I believe many are waking up to this.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Apocryphon

Our current condition is one of spiritual imprisonment in a sense, because of our soul’s ability to perceive and interact with only this physical reality in this particular way. We’ve been made to believe it’s all we can do, and have become used to and dependent on this interaction alone. Spiritual liberation involves learning and acquiring the ability to create and perceive beyond what we have been made to believe we can.

Dear Acophryphon,
Very interesting thread .... intriguing, and THANK YOU for posting something worth thinking about....S/F

I'm listening, and I have two questions that I ponder often and wonder what your response to them would be:

A) Do you believe the "soul" (or any other term you want to use) continues to grow -- or MAY do so -- THROUGH REINCARNATION on the earthly plane?

B) What do you think about dreams? More and more I'm becoming convinced that the dreams I have are REALITY in another dimension that I inhabit while my body rests.

My feelings are:
Yes, we reincarnate until we have the soul's education and development complete. Those of us who, even as little kids, had a "higher awareness" or "more cosmic connection" that saw through lies and foresaw consequences

(One example: one of my first memories is of my Aunt B, who was only 8 years older than I, babysitting for me. She threw a was of paper towels into the toilet...and I, at about age 3, knew it was going to overflow. How I knew that, I've no idea. Sure enough, it overflowed.

A second example: kneeling and praying in church as a very young child (reciting memorized prayers with the congregation aloud) and not believing a word of it.

Third example: I came to the idea of reincarnation until "graduation" of the soul as a kid, with NO PRIOR exposure to the idea at all.)

As for dreams; mine are vivid, and some completely frightening and also RECURRING....things like plunging off of a road into a canyon, or in a plane to the ground; also being chased by a large mammal; also, drowning; and an inability to move my legs quickly enough without major effort...

none of those things have EVER happened to me in "physical experience"... I have wondered if those dreams of impending death are memories of past life deaths.

Do you have any thoughts on these ideas?

I'll be paying attention. Welcome to ATS.
~wild

edit on 23-12-2012 by wildtimes because: typos. gha

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The best you can do is tell me I'm wrong, rather than convince me or prove to me or anyone else that I am. I mean, that is all too typical of people with such a limited perspective—that being idealistic in nature—when they'd rather believe something because it suits their fancy. I don't care what you believe or wish to be true.

Drop the attitude? Come on sir. All I need to do is look at anyone of your posts to see a hypocrite talking here. We're going to have problems? I have yet to receive a cyber-punch from anyone. Swing all you want but you're always going to miss.

I already mentioned the OP conceived of a good story. But apparently my skepticism was just a little too much for you to not say anything eh? Moral crusaders on the internet is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by YourOtherSelf

I said the OP was a good story and a great read, that is all. I was merely reflecting the way I pictured a previous poster acting when a story comes along that gives him purpose.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

I believe in our brain there is some kind of dampening mechanism that has been genetically engineered to block us from any higher thought processes, this means there is an outside influence who controls everything we do.

I believe in our brain there is also a mechanism some can use to exert control over this outside influence.

Granted, some might be better at it that others, but is still resides inside every individual. Some "choose" to use it and some "choose" to allow it to use them.
edit on 23-12-2012 by YourOtherSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

The best you can do is tell me I'm wrong, rather than convince me or prove to me or anyone else that I am. I mean, that is all too typical of people with such a limited perspective—that being idealistic in nature—when they'd rather believe something because it suits their fancy. I don't care what you believe or wish to be true.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that you haven't even given him a chance. Ask him some questions or something, send him a message and get to know him a little better before deciding he's full of crap.

Drop the attitude? Come on sir. All I need to do is look at anyone of your posts to see a hypocrite talking here. We're going to have problems? I have yet to receive a cyber-punch from anyone. Swing all you want but you're always going to miss.

Stay on topic.

I already mentioned the OP conceived of a good story. But apparently my skepticism was just a little too much for you to not say anything eh? Moral crusaders on the internet is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

There is nothing wrong with skepticism, but there's plenty wrong when it becomes prejudice. Again, ask him yourself. I think you are forming conclusions a little too soon.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I said the OP was a good story and a great read, that is all. I was merely reflecting the way I pictured a previous poster acting when a story comes along that gives him purpose.

I understand.

I did not think you reacted harshly at all.

My quote was regarding the "lap dog" comment made, and now that you have explained how you pictured the previous poster, I understand why you would say that.

edit on 23-12-2012 by YourOtherSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

If the post gives the guy some purpose more power to the OP, thats how people are learning and waking up.
You dont have to believe everything you read but every new thing you read opens your mind to a new idea.
I agree it was a well written post, at X amount of words he normally would have lost me if it wasn't interesting,
But I read the whole thing and will be interested in any more he wishes to share.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by YourOtherSelf

I agree, Some have a way to break the control while others live their lives oblivious that they are being controlled.
As I dont buy into the mainstream thing, I have obviously broken some control however at this point I choose to live a "" normal"" life while raising my kids.
I need to work to put food on the table, so I play the game. But trust me I am well aware that there is more to this reality that they are keeping from us. I listen, I read and I learn. As long as you are awake you will have a chance
if everything goes pear shaped.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The problem I have with the OPs story is the underlying theme of denouncing skepticism. He mentions that he convinces his 'skeptic friends' and his 'skeptic atheist father' of his special powers. Now what this shows the reader is the foolishness of the skeptic and the atheist while attempting to give a +1 to all believers. "Take that skeptics!" To the credulous, this helps vindicate his claims.

Yet he provides no proof, no evidence. So we're left to believe that he outwitted those skeptics and non-believers by taking his word for it. This is what I see happening here. A quest to gain a following, by denouncing those who don't believe and inspiring those who do. Most religious preachers operate in this fashion.

Only the OP knows if I'm right or wrong, and I'm entirely fine with that.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So he denounces skepticism, so what. To take offense so much he is obviously denouncing something you hold so dear.
You should sit on the fence for awhile, the point of his post has very little to do with proving the skeptics wrong of which Sir, you are obviously one.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The problem I have with the OPs story is the underlying theme of denouncing skepticism. He mentions that he convinces his 'skeptic friends' and his 'skeptic atheist father' of his special powers. Now what this shows the reader is the foolishness of the skeptic and the atheist while attempting to give a +1 to all believers. "Take that skeptics!" To the credulous, this helps vindicate his claims.

...Wow. That's some heavy double think right there.

Yet he provides no proof, no evidence. So we're left to believe that he outwitted those skeptics and non-believers by taking his word for it. This is what I see happening here. A quest to gain a following, by denouncing those who don't believe and inspiring those who do. Most religious preachers operate in this fashion.

Go ahead and interrogate him.

Only the OP knows if I'm right or wrong, and I'm entirely fine with that.

Then don't act like you're right and he's wrong, because no one here knows that. Just ride the fence.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Life is vary simple it's only everything outside of yourself that wants to make it complicated.

True power lies with in there is nothing in or on this world that can over power you, only if you let it.

All outside knowledge are only lessons, all of the true knowledge one requires is with in that is all that one needs.

All people are free beings they are able to believe what every they want, right or wrong it's all in the persons perspective.

Only the week of self belief, are controlled by fear, governments, aliens, and all other maters that create doubt in ones self.

There all ready are people that can create what every they want in this physical reality, they just don't go on and wright blogs about it, they learned not from what is outside of them self's but what came from inside.

No one can change a person or people, one must be willing to change for change to happen, or give your person power to some one other than your self.

The road to world change is not what happens out side of your life you can believe what you want and do what you want, but until you change what is inside of you so that it can reflect what you want on the outside of you then and only then will the world change around you.

No matter what any one or anything has to say.

The true path to spiritual freedom is in yourself. The hole world is just a distraction, and if you are distracted then the world wins.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

And you say it like it's a bad thing.

Please, moral crusadership is not needed here. You are in no position to dictate how and when I post. I have given my opinion. Is that not allowed here sir? Should I instead sit on the fence?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

What's with you telling me how I should 'act' on the internet. These are words nothing more. There is no acting here. Argue with what I say, not how I act. If you want to know how I'm acting, I'm sitting at my desk on a computer screen. Is that morally wrong in anyway?

I've made my point. That's all I needed to do.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Then don't act like you're right and he's wrong, because no one here knows that. Just ride the fence.

You sound like you very much want to believe the story. Odd there is no more posts other than the first one isn't it? Some guy has a good story and makes a post and you believe it hook line and sinker. Anyone can write anything they want brother, we still get to say if we think its silly or not. We have the same rights, hmm?

V

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I used to be a person who believed only what I could see and hold in my hand. After thirty years of seeking I have come to absolutely KNOW that there is more to life than the things that science can prove. I feel very strongly that science will catch up and that things like this are allready known and are suppressed because they don't further the work/pay/die paradigm we have going now.

My harsh rebuttal was the result of seeing too many really good threads derailed by petty bickering and rude skepticism that serves no purpose to the OP other than disruption and disinformation. (IMHO) Life is ever so much more interesting since I took my blinders off and stepped off the physical ledge into the subtle realities that surround us.

I have had my mind pried open, and have found some incredible things to be found that I cannot prove to anyone who doesn't know me over the last five years and who has witnessed the changes I have undergone. Most folks don't look any deeper than their smart phones, and I apologize if I was harsh. I just don't want to see another thread full of interesting information be lost to the diruptive behavior of the skeptics that seem to be completely unmodded in the paranormal forums.

Peace...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Whats wrong with Moral Crusadership?You have every right to say what you feel as this is an open forum, but please why detract and dismiss someone who has put so much time and energy to post something he obviously believes in and believes may benefit other readers.
In my opinion skeptics are people who lack the ability to create something themselves and therefore take the easy way to dismiss it.
Look at food critics, those who cant cook themselves prefer to rate or grade something that was created by someone else.
In effect a skeptic spends their time denouncing and degrading other people thoughts and creations.
Who would want to be a skeptic? Not me.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
its been quite the pleasure reading your threads over the past week.
as many here i was first brought to this website because i too feel there is more that we can percieve
than normaly told. and ultamatly it is the 23rd 2012 and i feel as tho you have some good info regarding
what most have ignored around this area in time.

i look forward to reading your future threads.
any tips for someone who is learning these new abilities?
i too have had two or three definate outer body experiences but both were right on the vderge on me falling asleep. and spaced threw my life randomly with the most recent maybe a year ago.
any time i have tried threw concentration and or meditation i cant seem to "break threw" as you would say using only my conciousness. at least not on the aparent level i had accived while unaware it would occur.
again a pleasure to read your thaughts.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

No skeptics derailed this thread; it was attacking the person who holds a different opinion that did.

OP I apologize for defending myself from those who would rather not hear any different perspectives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join