It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know a good DVD burner?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So Im trying to burn a few things for my old man for a christmas gift, and I'm looking for a decent DVD burner. I would prefer one thats free, but Im willing to pay if the programs right.

Anyone have any sugestions?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

I'm not really sure about plain old dvd burning but I use Alcohol 120% for almost all my burning needs.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I use BurnAware and although its never given me any trouble, I cant say its the best.

BurnAware Free is a free CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc burning software. It is ideal for users with basic disc burning needs as backup, creating data, audio, video discs and burning disc images. ...

But look at the videohelp.com link I gave above for more reviews of software.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackyMenace
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

I'm not really sure about plain old dvd burning but I use Alcohol 120% for almost all my burning needs.

Yea that or Nero.. Theyre both equally effective.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thanks everyone...
Much appreciated. Im trying a trial of alcohol right now, if that doesn't work so hot ill give alfa's burner a shot.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Westboro Baptist Church?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Software?

Imgburn!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I think that made my christmas

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
For what it's worth and of course, only for legal and proper archive copies... I use AnyDvD and DvDcloner. AnyDvD strips the issues to working with the disk any way you want. Add and remove features, menus or just remove that infernal FBI nag screen (My first order of business). It also supports Blue-Ray in another version with updates out almost weekly.

It's SO good I not only backup my Son's DVD's on arrival so his misadventures don't cost us expensive movies....but that ability to modify and change any aspect of a commercial movie disk has seen me archive copying more than one I own myself....son or no son...and leaving the original in a box while the 'improved' version without blocked controls or nag screens is there to watch.

Just my advice thrown in...and I did spend a LONG time testing and playing with things to find this working. I've been using it 4 years without a single fail to 1:1 copy where the disk media itself wasn't the failure point.

If you're in a time crunch, this will do it for ya. Slysoft AnyDvD

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I think that made my christmas

I dont get it

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

WBC is more apt to burn dvd's.... in a fire.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Ahhh... I get it.. man im slow, must be all the egg nog

new topics

top topics

join