It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's deadliest school massacre; no guns required.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
OK, it appears I was wrong in the title; apparently Kehoe did use one gun in the commission of the massacre but, he didn't use it to shoot anyone, he used it to set off the explosives packed into the back of his truck.

About twenty minutes after the explosion Kehoe's car was noticed at the curb
in front of the school. No one knows how long it had been there. Kehoe was
standing beside the car, talking with Huyck, who had stopped for a moment
to rest.

Glen Smith, village Postmaster, and Nelson McFarren, an old man, were
standing a few feet away. Suddenly, witnesses said, Kehoe took a rifle from
his car and fired it into the rear seat, which apparently had been stacked
with dynamite. There was a flash and a roar, and Kehoe was hurled through
the air, his body dismembered. Huyck's body likewise was blown to bits.
McFarren was killed outright. Both of Smith's legs were broken and he was
injured internally, he died later.

Freepages

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
This will be largely ignored by the anti-gun crowd because it doesn’t further their goals.

I will say it again stop blaming tools and blame the people responsible for using them.

S&F OP
edit on 23-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

Yes they will ignore it, because the current fledgling communist regime of emperor Obama has it's eyes set on turining the U.S. into Stalinist Russia.

Mark my words, we will all one day be calling him emperor Obama. Taking away the right to own firearms is the first step in the direction of Komrade Diktatorship.
edit on 23-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I do not blame people that are anti-gun for how they feel same as I do not blame a political group. There is a large amount of support for regulation which I do not support if anything they are targeting the destructive power of tools but instead they should be looking for ways to keep these tools out of the hands of those who are incapable or mentally unstable to use them.

This shouldn’t be a soapbox for people to voice their political feelings that will only muddy the waters. I will not fall for petty attempts to make this about left or right politics.

edit on 23-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The thing is that nowadays it is a bit hard to come across 500 pounds of dynamite, thanks to laws restricting such explosives. I think Americans should do the same with guns.

edit on 23/12/12 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I'm all for resistance, especially against taxes, but this was grossly misguided.

But damn, at-least they were willing to do SOMETHING.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
You forget the average citizen can buy a gun but cannot buy dynamite without a commercial reason for it.

Therefore there are few dynamite killings because it's harder to get hold of than a gun.

Therefore make a gun harder to get and you will reduce killings...just like dynamite.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

You are missing the point. And actually it is relatively easy to make explosives a trip to the grocery and hardware store is all that’s needed. I have even made gun powder once just to see if I could it isn’t hard. It wasn’t that long ago a guy armored a bulldozer and rampaged a town and it was only because the engine quit that he was stopped. We will never be able to be prepared for every eventuality and it has been shown that time and time again where there is a will there is a way. The only thing gun bans will do is force crazy’s to switch to different weapons or get them illegally. With a look at history those countries that disarmed immediately saw an increase in violent crime. This is a case where the medicine is worse than the disease. I am not willing to see a jump in rime with nothing but hope that it would affect anything later on.

The disease is mental illness guns are the tools used but only a symptom.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Sandy Hook was actually the third worst. In 2007 32 were killed and 17 injured with a gun Blacksburg VA. That 45 includes the bomber by the way.
edit on 24-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
This will be largely ignored by the anti-gun crowd because it doesn’t further their goals.

I will say it again stop blaming tools and blame the people responsible for using them.

S&F OP
edit on 23-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

It doesn't help either side of the argument. All it does is further damage the country's reputation, if anything. Of course people are to blame, not the tools, but the tool is the thing that makes it so easy, and that alone might even persuade them to do it. A screwdriver makes it easy to screw in a screw, but you don't need it, and you probably wouldn't bother without it. That's a very bad argument that pro-gun people use all the time.
edit on 24-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've been to the site of this in Bath on many a Halloween.

Said to be haunted, and the pics I have show some pretty interesting phenomena, however this isn't the point of my post. The fact as they are laid out here are more or less accurate, save for the minor detail that seems to be the entire point of the thread.

Kehoe had a gun and used it to intimidate several people before detonating explosives in his truck. This man was methodical, and he used the gun for what people are telling us they are supposed to be used.

For protection.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Another one in Michigan last week that seems to be covered up

Millington MI

This is the only thing I can find. I have realitives there and a couple are the cops investigating..

But alls quiet on the net. Lots of improvised explosives and guns. Some kid that tried to burn his last school down in AZ somewhere

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Government wouldn't want a ban on BOMBS that would undermine everything they are doing...life is grand aint it?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by muse7
We should put guards armed with rocket launchers on school rooftops.

The only way to stop a bad guy with a bomb is a good guy with a bomb.

There was an armed cop on campus in my High school back in 99, armed officers in schools is not such a crazy idea or a new one.

way to jump to illogical rhetoric...

Then double the guard it's that simple or triple it and train teachers in gun training and have them carry.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by muse7
We should put guards armed with rocket launchers on school rooftops.

The only way to stop a bad guy with a bomb is a good guy with a bomb.

There was an armed cop on campus in my High school back in 99, armed officers in schools is not such a crazy idea or a new one.

way to jump to illogical rhetoric...

My high school also had armed police officers but they were only there for the first 2 and last 2 hours of the school day. Not sure what they expected us to do in the middle of the day but at least they were there 4 hours a day.

I remember most of the students didn't like having them around because they had to hide their illegal activity better, lol.

I lived in a pretty decent place, wasn't like a bad neighborhood or anything.

Strict

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Bumped for comparison and relevance to current events.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join