It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Demons and where do they come from?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
On the topic of demons, where do they come from? Why are they even around? Are they aliens as some say? If they are not of human origin, where do they start from? And, when we die, how do we stay away from them on the other side?

All Beliefs aside.....

1/. Not sure where they come from other than each being attempts to avoid the Light, prefering instead to move in darkness, and play a role in an agenda.

2/. Good question. To help us Grow out of our indoctrinated Fears and so be able to perceive more clearly.

3/. No, not aliens. Just other forms of non-material existence.

4/. Definately not Human Origins.... although some dead 'humans' could choose to take on the role. They start from the decision to avoid the light, no matter what physical form they were in during their life-experience or what form they were in after such life-experience.

5/. I'd be more worried about people getting stuck inside their Belief's limitations and not seeing clearly, rather than have any fear about being waylaid by a 'demon'. But to answer the question, Focus and Intent is the key to seeing clearly, so those deadies who are focused on the light only will be fine. The rest make their own choices.

Lastly, they are nothing to be afraid of. Sure some people do struggle after making an opening for them to play with you, but that is the person's choice. Most people as yet do not Know about their greatest 'weapon' to use with beings avoiding the light.. the deep well of golden loving energy everyone has inside their heart energy centre.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I sort of addressed this question just a minute ago in another thread.

reply to post by NorEaster

There are no such things as inhuman sentient spirits (which is what demons and angels are supposed to be). It's just the kind of societal programming that's made such a hash of life on planet Earth for the last 6,000+ years. It's no wonder that many of the human beings that originated on other planets (before passing over, as we all do as well) hold us in such obvious disdain, and see fit to allow us to believe them to be demonic, and therefore terrifyingly powerful. Imagine their view of our arrogance at insisting that we Homo Sapiens humans are the only true human beings in all of existence. Hell, I'd resent us too.
edit on 12/23/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

If anyone has a good source of knowledge, I might be interested but I don't want to be brought into a realm or open any paths by pursuing this knowledge.

The only source of knowledge is experience. -Einstein

Unfortunately everyone has experience in this realm, they just aren't aware of it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Demons are formed when two whole pages are written by the believers in this crap. Then some naive member comes along, reads it and thinks, "Wow, if ten people believe in demons then they must be real!" And then this member spits out a baby and teaches it that demons exist. The baby grows up and spits out more babies, and before long there's 6 billion humans believing in stupid things like gods, demons, and end of the world prophecies.

Well, fine:

Gods exist
Demons exist
We didn't land on the moon
There was no holocaust
No planes flew into the WTC
A ghost just drank my coffee
And the world will end on 1-3-13

Sometimes I swear you people are out to make me spontaneously combust!
edit on 12/23/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The question, what is a demon? Is a concept that is open to interpretation depending on how you wish to look at it. There are an abundance of different religious beliefs of what a demon may be. Of course the most typical perceptions may derive from the three abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

As there are many branches of Christianity, it would take quite a while to go through the minor differences of the relevant specifics. However, generally demons are perceived as minions of the devil. As far as I know, a good thumb through the bible won't really give you any specific information about the devil except for a few passages that are open to be dissected as referring to more than a handful of things. At this point you really have to take a look at the cultural direction that the concept of demons were taken over the years. Apparitions of undesirable forms of evil, representing mutations of humanoid animals that torture humans in the bowels of hell. Catholics tend to take it to the next level with the well known concept of exorcism. Demons apparently have the ability to occupy the minds/souls of an individual that may have lost their spiritual way and indulged in sin. They become the puppeteers to lead the human on a path of destruction for themselves and others.

Islam has quite an intricate story relating to demons. They are known as "The Jinn." The Jinn were an intelligent species that existed far before the creation of mankind. They were gifted with abilities beyond the comprehension of current mankind. The Qur'an is unclear about the specifics of this time period. What is most important is God's decision to create mankind. Once Adam was born into existence he was put on display before the Angels (Who, created from light, had no free will but to bow to the will of God), and a representative of the race of Jinn, Iblis(Known as Satan, Lucifer, etc... in Judeo-christanity). God commanded that the Angels and the Jinn bow before his new creation and its greatness.
Iblis refused to acknowledge Adam as his superior, let alone his equal, the jinn having been given the free will to do so. God was furious at his insolence and almost immediately resolved to cast him into the pits of hell to suffer for eternity. It was then Iblis proposed an agreement with God. He strongly believed that mankind was an imperfect creation, and he could quite easily lead them down the path away from God. Iblis would show this to God, if God could wait until the end of days to cast him into damnation, so that he may pull the strings of humanity behind the scenes. God agreed to this, being quite confident in mankind as his creation.
The Jinn lived alongside mankind from this day forth, but ultimately unseen and unknown by mankind. As if they exist on a different plane of existence, having a plethora of abilities as moving at fast speeds, shapeshifting into various animals and humans to delude them into an unknown agenda. This is where Catholics and Muslims have a lot in common with the concept of possession. The parallels are undeniable with the necessity of the demons or jinn being expelled by priests or imams. One important thing to remember, however, is that the Jinn can be both good and evil. Many Jinn converted to Islam, apparently, have hearing the message of the prophet Mohammed, and follow God.

My studies on the Jewish perception of demons isn't as extensive as Islam and Christianity, but I will continue on it if anybody's still interested. I'm no expert, but it's definitely an interest of mine.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Devices detected that CAN see Astral activities
Interesting dream scan wear
Trap device detected for conscious sleep unawaken lock
Nice.... So there may be actual visual demon angel paranormal activity observation drones points to see. But who can access that?

Will Smith

edit on 12/24/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hello, well here is my take on demons from reading different things about demons:

1. I don't think demons were born nor ever created. I believe they were always there since the begging of time. They were never born and nothing created them. I believe they are energy beings with different agendas. Some are good, some are bad. They can be whatever they choose to be, good or bad.

2. They live in the darkness or a dark world. Just like God and angels live in the light or the light world, Demons live in the darkness or the dark worlds. I also believe that demons may move around in other worlds except the light worlds.

3. Demons feed off fear or human energy in general as that gives them power to manifest and cause havoc in the area.

4. Demons have absolutely nothing to do with religion. Different cultures believes in demons or negative non-human entities way before any religion ever was invented on earth.

Basically, demons are higher energy beings just like we are without the physical human body. They come from the other side but many live in the dark worlds. Nothing created them, just like nothing created God or the Angels. They are energy beings that always existed since the beginning of time or even before time. Keep it simple stupid.

edit on 25-12-2012 by Big Chief because: too much

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

On the topic of demons, where do they come from?

They are human but they accepted so many false truths they have become distorted, usually by sheer willpower they've been led to believe in things (the quick way) but it can also be like a grand thesis covering multiple false truths which are all stacked upon eachother so anyone would give up arguing or sense the entity might hold some truth to whatever it is they are trying to sell (the slow method).

Why are they even around?

It is part of a larger system. It is like heaven has been hidden in such a way no one can get there unless their soul is aligned to truth, which is dominant in heaven. In hell chaos is dominant and there are multiple factions of demons all striving with eachother who has the most truth or most power.

Are they aliens as some say?

Aliens die too and go to a heaven and hell too. But only in that place where there are those souls which contain truth can they meet, as most denizens of hell do not accept (intelligent) life out there as they didn't accept life outside of earth. To them, aliens are just out of their perception as their minds are distorted by false truths. It is all about manipulation there to create some feelings, however it is almost always with a wrong outcome.

If they are not of human origin, where do they start from? And, when we die, how do we stay away from them on the other side?

Create your own truths and stick by them, learn how to manipulate so you'll recognize when you are being manipulated and if all goes wrong you can remember your truths again and learn how to live by them again. If you have more than half good, you'll get there, at least the better parts of the beyond. Never argue with a demon, never feel sorry for them, never believe they have anything for you in the future or have past agremeents.
edit on 25/12/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I think various cultures have different beliefs and my mind is drawing a total blank right now. But yes - as someone mentioned earlier, Christianity's belief (Catholics, Lutherans too) all believe that demons are fallen angels who disobeyed God. Lucifer being the leader of the pack.

But other cultures have evil or dark entities and creatures like the Djin, is just one that comes to mind (spelling might be off on that one). I'll have to do some research for you in my books and add more later.

I know I have something attached to me, it's always been there - since growing up in my parent's house. I think it's probably a land spirit associated with the land that our house was built on. I'm not sure if it's because I'm sensitive, that I seem to attract other energies as time goes on - or if it's just the same energy with me all the time. Sometimes, it feels very dark and heavy. Happens a lot at night time when I'm trying to sleep. The room grows cold, I get goosebumps and the energy just changes, gets dark. I don't think what I have here is a demon...but once, at the church I work at...this new energy came into the building one night. Just sort of breezed in and I got so spooked, I turned off the lights and left the church as it was. Whatever had blown through, was not something I wanted to be around. But if I had to guess what a demon felt like, that would have been it. The next time I was at the church alone, I had a chat with it - whatever it was. I told it that this was my house, that I belonged here and it didn't - and that it should leave. Never felt that energy again.
edit on 26-12-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The thread topic is asking the question "What are Demons and where do they come from?"

You are not required to believe in demons to post in this thread, however talking about other ATS members isn't going to cut it. Please post on-topic.

Thanks
edit on 26/12/12 by argentus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join