It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Demons and where do they come from?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So, I'm a fan of the ghost shows and paranormal. Not to the point of getting involved in research or practicing "ghost hunting" but I do watch and read somethings.
On the topic of demons, where do they come from? Why are they even around? Are they aliens as some say? If they are not of human origin, where do they start from? And, when we die, how do we stay away from them on the other side?
If anyone has a good source of knowledge, I might be interested but I don't want to be brought into a realm or open any paths by pursuing this knowledge.
Thanks

edit on 23-12-2012 by wrkn4livn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

Personally, I think Demons are pretty close to the Western definition for their origin and nature. Not quite the full Catholic version, in my opinion....but along those general lines. At least my life experience has satisfied me beyond doubt that they are real, they hurt people when naively provoked or meddled with and very much have self awareness with a well defined sense of purpose....whatever they see that to be.

I think there are more than simply Demons as other life forms we can't usually see but do share the same physical space with...albeit on different planes. Sometimes....they cross. Or ...A being from our side or theirs makes that crossing deliberately. Then..people see what normally never gets seen. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I wonder often myself OP....

Are they really demons?

They seem to only be affiliated with those of religious beliefs and if you think back, it seemed that the Catholic church was the only church that recognized their existance with exorcisms. Of course now I see other faiths attempting to banish them...

Oh what I would give to spend a few months buried in some of the ancient tomes in the vatican library....

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
demons are fallen angels that rebelled against God with Lucifer (Satan). Here is 101 Questions and Answers by Lester Sumrall on Demons.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My theory is that dark entities may be former thoughtforms born from the negative spiritual energy that humans give off. That is why they require negative energy to remain in existence, which explains why they spend so much time breeding negativity and fear.
Loving energy, on the other hand, harms and destroys them, which is why they fear it so much.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I've always believed that they are entities that evolved on that plane of existence. My observations are that shadow people are akin to semi intelligent animals. Then you have demons, angelsm djinn, all evolved on the spiritual plane the way we have evolved here

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
We can't see radio waves, wifi waves, microwaves, UV rays, X-rays... but they can exist in the same room as us and be completely invisible to what we can see & perceive. Same applies to other life forms.

The human body is like a radio in that it tunes to specific frequency bands. Those "demons" are tuned to a specific frequency we can't see. I do believe they can perceive us though, just can't touch us on a solid level of reality, but they can on an energy wave level they can perceive of us.

The ones I've seen are malevolent. They feed off your fear like it's a food source.
Not fearing them & having courage sours the milk for them. They are like energy parasite infections, only way you can see them for yourself is during OBE's.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Demons would be more practically classified as janitors.

Or maybe more usefully compared to the 'daemons' controlled by systemd in Linux operating systems...

A daemon is a program that runs as a "background" process (without a terminal or user interface), commonly waiting for events to occur and offering services. A good example is a web server that waits for a request to deliver a page, or a ssh server waiting for someone trying to log in.

While these are full featured applications, there are daemons whose work is not that visible. Daemons are for tasks like writing messages into a log file (e.g. syslog, metalog) or keeping your system time accurate (e.g. ntpd).

(Ed.Thanks Archlinux devs!)

wiki.archlinux.org...

If you don't know how to handle the machine, chances are you will get a finger nipped off if you mess with it.

Nothing personal, you understand.

Also, it might be productive to take a look at what the Greeks and Romans though of 'daemons'...

en.wikipedia.org...

And Carl Jung, whose personal tutelary spirit, or daemon, was named Philemon, had a lot to say about daemons...

Although Jungians have been quick to downplay any suggestion that the book records more than its author's spiritual crisis or a foretaste of his evolving intellectual path, the book, which Jung christened Liber Novus (Latin for "New Book"), documents such matters as his conversations with the winged "Philemon" during his daytime walks.

In one waking dream-state, Jung claimed to hear a bird-girl announce, "Only in the first hour of the night can I become human, while the male dove is busy with the twelve dead."

www.psychologytoday.com...

They are of a machine-like intelligence, and it communicates with human beings on the same channel that we use for myth, legend and narrative.

They are the natural inhabitants of the Anima Mundi, which, in a way, represents a particular layer of information processing that seems to separate the sub-lunar realm (us in mundanity) from whatever system is operating beyond. In other words, the 'daemonic realm' functions as an abstraction layer for 'your guess is as good as mine'.

My guess is that it is purely biological, and that the whole panoply only appears to us to be spiritual for the time being.

Happy Sunday.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Xoanon because: : 0

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Being a Catholic myself and hearing from other religions ie friends family etc. I have often noted that Catholics tend to believe in a lot of things most other religions don't. I have also noted over the years of research and history that possessions and demon hauntings almost always tend to fall upon the deeply religious. The same people that have exhibited signs of stigmata etc.

I have often wondered if it is because they believe so deeply in god and the devil that they have actually manifested the symptoms themselves out of sheer mind over matter. As for the televisions shows and ghosts vs demons. I have never been a big believer in most of those shows though I do enjoy watching them. I am sure there are more malevolent spirits, but not sure if I would go so far as to call them demons. Most of those shows are bs from my experience especially Ghost Hunters.

Though I will say I have seen one that I have to wonder about I think it was Ghost Adventures. See Clip below.

It's been my experience that people can't fake scared like that. So I tend to believe this was real.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
By the way if you didn't see it. right before they start running there is a brick that goes flying diagonally across the room, and at the same time a board goes that opposite direction. This footage was analyzed etc, and could not be discredited or dis proven. That whole documentary is a good one and it's the actual Ghost Adventures show it's all about the Goldfield etc,

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
I've always believed that they are entities that evolved on that plane of existence. My observations are that shadow people are akin to semi intelligent animals. Then you have demons, angelsm djinn, all evolved on the spiritual plane the way we have evolved here

In my opinion,observation shadow people are intelligent,aware and sentient.more than the classic interpretation of animals with their own agenda which is known to them.Some may act like 'dumb' animals when they realise they've been seen and get out of there others seem to enjoy instilling fear and acting like they're a lot more malevolent and powerful than they are,getting off on the power trip almost.

That's my take on shadow people,the others I've never encountered.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
On the topic of demons, where do they come from? Why are they even around? Are they aliens as some say? If they are not of human origin, where do they start from? And, when we die, how do we stay away from them on the other side?

Every inhabitant of this planet has a host body that is controlled (occupied) by a spirit.

The soul = body + spirit.

Now, initially before Jesus came along every single spirit that had been contaminated with angelic DNA was damned to wonder this world until Judgement Day. This is what YHWH told Enoch the Scribe.

All souls both tainted and pure human (people) who have faith in Jesus Christ go to paradise and await Judgement Day.

All lost spirits wait in sheol (depressing worlds) for Judgement Day which is why many ghosts are quite hostile to mortals.

The church come along and assumed (ignorance) that if a spirit cannot ascend to Heaven then its evil. They are wrong.

Demon is just another name for the nephilim or nephil spirits.

Demon is also another word for jinn, ancestral guardian, ghost, giant, the damned and eternally dead.

Basically, there are 7 billion potential demons on this planet as everyones DNA has been contaminated in differing amounts by fallen angels.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
By the way if you didn't see it. right before they start running there is a brick that goes flying diagonally across the room, and at the same time a board goes that opposite direction. This footage was analyzed etc, and could not be discredited or dis proven. That whole documentary is a good one and it's the actual Ghost Adventures show it's all about the Goldfield etc,

I got into these programmes for a bit,for entertainment and it was something different at the time.

I first saw Ghost Hunters and watched it with my usual sceptical yet open mind.I couldnt get past the fact whatever else it's a t.v programme and therefore open to all kinds of editing and essentially has get people to watch it.That meant it's credibility could never be assured but it was a good watch.

The concept was good and it found favour with me due to it's reliance on some form of evidence that was recorded whether audio or video.The fact they avolded psychics or spiritualists sat well with me.

Ghost Adventures is more rock n roll.You could imagine the three of them being 3 stoner lads at any school.Their enthusiasm,throwing themselves right into it plus tendency for gimmicks and thrills means I have no doubt they are regularly as freaked out as they appear but half the time I feel it's more because they freak themselves out rather than there being a genuine entity there.Their evidence,evps and vids are sometimes pushing credulity but their enthusiasm is infectious.

The other one is Most Haunted and I'm afraid to admit that very unusually for me that the Americans do paranormal show much better than us Brits.To say America does it better is almost blasphemous.lol.

The truth though is Most Haunted is a great watch if you can handle the screaming with old historical locations n great stories but they have a cheek to claim they're doing 'investigations'.lol

Early Ghost Hunters were prob the most credible and best of these kind of shows but even their evps were stretching belief often.

What's everyone elses take on them ??

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

You know I never thought about it quite like you just put it but you are right about the Ghost Adventures guys lol. Some of the shows I have seen are quite obviously faked, and others not so sure. I have seen some of the Most Haunted. I think I have seen them all to be honest lol.

My personal favorite is Paranormal Witness.

Ghost Hunters was great till the big fake out on Halloween where they got busted.
Ghost Lab is boring to me
Ghost Adventures is fun to watch but a lot of it tends to be unbelievable as well
Paranormal State is the absolute worst. To much trying to add religion and other stuff into it. The exorcism episodes were sad to say the least and their two psychics are laughable especially miss vampire chick.
The Animal one is interesting i can't remember the name of it though..

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I've not seen Paranormal Witness or Paranormal State so am not sure about those two.Or Ghost Lab.

The animal one you're referring to is that Monster Hunter,the cryptozoology one.I like that,the guy who does that one is funny.

To be honest I never heard anything about Ghost Hunters being busted as a fake.

Was that halloween just passed ??

What happened,maybe that's why it hasn't been on t.v hardly ever for ages.It was never off Living TV for a couple of years there.

To be honest,it was when the started doing Ghost Hunters International,and GH Academy shows or whatever they called them.It just felt like it had become about the brand and hype rather than the actual investigations.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

1 personally considers a demon ANY CREATOR CREATION that has strayed from the the positive side of EXISTENCE. Strayed in ways they force negative power over others, however you view negative energy placement upon yourself or upon others.

These creatures can be to 1, living humans or aliens or possible dead/ (life and death phases within EXISTENCE AWARE? Aliens or humans ) who have gained awarness through experiencing the phases and learning when on both sides to the point they can either incarnate a being in any dimension or transmigrate a human or other CREATOR species perhaps on the living side to use to distribute its negative deeds upon the living.. Giving it multi dimemsional appearences and abilities. So it can see its deeds done to living follow there energy to the other side for whatever slave type reason when living turn dead or just sleep until correct awaken/freed humans and aliens..... And then uses them for whatever slave reason maybe like stargate opening with souls, smh.

So to 1 personally this is what makes a demon. Switch the intelligence to a positve CREATOR CREATION same abilities or even more advanced to better interact, for they demons fight in packs so energy must be stronger to like chain a powerful dragon and to even further place it before the who is the judge of us ALL. Sorry back on topic switch enegy and intelligence level and what do we have that can balance the demonic energy on both sides as well..

I stress personally so none of my data is misunderstood or wordplayed in an ignorant fashion. Which could harm feelings on and off EA*RTH.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE
edit on 12/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Hi there you seen very sure about what you're saying,,how come you know so much ??

Is that from personal experience ??

I'll be honest I got lost by a lot of what you said,are they a particular entity or a description as such.

Does the classic notion of a demon have any basis in reality ??

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

On the topic of demons, where do they come from? Why are they even around? Are they aliens as some say? If they are not of human origin, where do they start from?

They were created before man was. They started off as spirits loyal to Father. But, the one not spoken of, made a case to the these said spirits, and they decided to become loyal to him. They are here to give man the full experience of learning. Man is not programmed to be a certain way, he must learn to be said way.

nd, when we die, how do we stay away from them on the other side?

When you die, you go to one of four places. Above, you sit until the end, you sit until the end in a separate place, or you get to stay here if it is granted. The only way you will come into contact with them, is if you have made that choice to be with below, or you decide to stay here.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
My father has a book on aliens and the paranormal. There is a section in it explaining Aleister Crowley and him summoning a demon. He apparently drew a sketch / picture of this demon and it looked just like reported sightings of aliens that we see.

I'm not saying that this is a fact that they are aliens or that aliens are demons. But it is interesting, and apparently a "true story".

Personally, I think demons are just more powerful spirits than most. They're capable of different things and serve a purpose while other types of spirits do not. What that purpose is, depends on the demon.

Believe it or not, many people believe that having a nightmare means that a demon controlled your dream, and Nightmare is actually a type of demon.

There are all sorts, but I do not know enough about them. I do believe I have had experiences with one in particular, but that is another story for another time.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Does the classic notion of a demon have any basis in reality ??

It may, but has been misused and over manipulated to possibly scare the masses. 1 does feel a realm or realms do exist where these prana energies concentrate and gather the negative and positive energies.

NAMASTE*******

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join