It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Bush wins, what are we in for?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Rant - that's why I'll be glued to my TV with pizza and beer on Tuesday evening. Party affiliations set aside, election nights are to me what hockey and football are to others.
And this election is one where no one can predict anything rock-solid. Makes for a very riveting evening.

You spoke of Badnarik. I've never addressed the issue of Libertarians on this board, but I will say this - I hope he gets enough votes for his party to be recognized and get federal funding. More parties in a democracy is always better than less.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors

Anyway I think there will be massive rioting in at least 10 cities...

HAHA, sounds like a good idea to me, cut down on the liberal base. Hmmmm, let's see, 10 favorite Liberal cities....

Los Angeles
San Francisco
Philadelphia
Miami
New York
Chicago
Boston
Washington
Baltimore
Vermont...

yep, rioting in those places would be just outlandish, hopefully kills off a few liberals......

Dude you have a serious problem, I mean thats the problem with people these days instead of working together with the issues we are separated by titles. I hope there is no rioting, and if there is rioting I hope no one gets killed

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
You know Rant as I was watchng CNN last night I heard somethng which jelled my belief as to why Bush will win.
It was basically a fluff piece, Richard Quest was interviewing two radio talk show hosts from PA I think, one pro bush one pro kerry. What struck me was when the pro-kerry host said "If daffy duck was running against Bush then Daffy duck would be my man"
I think that matters.
Those who support Bush, support Bush. Those who support kerry though don't really (for the most part) support Kerry, they are simply ant-bush.
Now at frst this may seem like semantics but it really isn't.
Its about passion I guess. Pro bush people are passonate about Bush but pro kerry people's only passion is against bush.
In the end I think thats gonna be the difference.
just my .02

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Kerry has a record of saying one thing and doing another.
Jemison

Exactly, whether you like him or not you know what Bush is going to do, he sticks to his word. Unlike Kerry, well we all know what Kerry is good at.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by G_Scard
Remeber? When Gore won the last election and Bush was voted in by the Supremes?

NO i don't, for the thousandth time, BUSH WON THE ELECTORAL VOTES. These, incase you were sleeping in History class, are the votes the decide US Presidential Election. Popular votes Do Not decide election.

4 years later, no new argument, same lame story. Bush stole the election bla bla bla. Go to a search engine and type "Electoral College" and you will learn how the US election process works.

Thanks and check that!!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If Bush is re-elected (Lord Willing) we may take comfort in knowing that we have a leader with the ability to bring a nation from its knees to see light again in the wake af another national tragedy. Nobody wants it to happen again but I think we all know it is just a matter of time before we are faced with such terrible death and destruction again. We have all seen the recovery in the economy since he took office, after all he inherited the recession we were in when 9/11 occurred from Billy boy.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON
I think that's probably the worst thing about this president, is that he has instilled this type of thinking in so many Americans. I remember before, when presidential voting was about hope.

I remember when Democratic Presidents would just let it go when the lost. Gore couldn't do that and that is why this election will end up in the courts. It is NOT Bush's fault Democrates can not except that they lost the electoral votes in 2000. Your comment is ignorant, Bush had NOTHING to do with the way Gore handled his defeat. Gore is the reason or who ever was pulling his strings.

Thanks for trying.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Any vote for Bush is a vote against the future of mankind

Ok, anythink to back that up? Any vote for the other candidate is higher taxes and random terroist attacks on US cities.

Ask yourself why terrorist want Kerry to win? Hmm, maybe because BUsh is fu**in them up left and right.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachlls
If Bush is re-elected (Lord Willing) we may take comfort in knowing that we have a leader with the ability to bring a nation from its knees to see light again in the wake af another national tragedy. Nobody wants it to happen again but I think we all know it is just a matter of time before we are faced with such terrible death and destruction again. We have all seen the recovery in the economy since he took office, after all he inherited the recession we were in when 9/11 occurred from Billy boy.

Thats right, Bush is by far the better choice, and it is amazing Clinton has the nerve to come out and say Bush has caused the recession that Clinton created. Bush did not cause the recession and Bush did not cause Sept 11th, if your going to blame anyone, blame Clinton. I am not saying Clinton caused Sept 11th, but the plans were made on his watch.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
If Bush wins on November 2nd, what are we in for? There is no way that Kerry will concede on November 2nd. He has his lawyers in place, all 10,000 of them, and it seems that he will refuse to lose at any cost. I'm very nervous about this election and the mess that will result from it.

What do you think will happen if Bush wins? Do you think there is any chance that he will actually be able to hold his win or will Kerry find a legal way to snag it from him? Will there be riots or will it be only be fought in the courts? How long will this drag on after November 2???

Jemison

If Kerry wins what are we in for ??????????????????

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
funny when you think of it...did the DNC ever think "what if Kerry wins?" When the process started, Bush's approvals were in the high 80's I believe...no one in their right mind would want to step up to bat against those numbers...hence the candidates that did step up...2 years later and a calculated smear campaign has put their man in a position to actually win. Who'da thought?!

on the other side, Bush was asked "what if his policies would cost him his 2nd term?"...he said he believed them to be right and if he lost because of those policies, "he could live with that". Bush has changed literally nothing, nor blown smoke up anyone's a** with empty promises to get re-elected. He's either going to win on his record or go down in flames

and w/o 10,000 lawyers

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join