It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Bush wins, what are we in for?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I haven't heard Bush say "We will not have a draft". Sure he's said "we will have a volunteer army", "there is no secret draft", but he's never said "there will be no draft".

I believe that in the second debate he adamently said that there would be NO draft. This is from the transcript:

I hear there's rumors on the Internets (sic) that we're going to have a draft. We're not going to have a draft, period. The all- volunteer army works. It works particularly when we pay our troops well. It works when we make sure they've got housing, like we have done in the last military budgets.

www.debates.org...

Jemison

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by livenlearn
If Bush gets elected a fight may happen now instead of in the near future is the way I see it. Some people are ready to fight now, some would rather wait and let it come to us eventually.

plain and simple, i am ready to fight now why we are on their land.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Anyway I think there will be massive rioting in at least 10 cities...

HAHA, sounds like a good idea to me, cut down on the liberal base. Hmmmm, let's see, 10 favorite Liberal cities....

Los Angeles
San Francisco
Philadelphia
Miami
New York
Chicago
Boston
Washington
Baltimore
Vermont...

yep, rioting in those places would be just outlandish, hopefully kills off a few liberals......

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I cannot imagine having rioting in the streets. I certainly hope it doesn't happen. The riot scene over the Rodney King verdict was unbelievable. And what did it accomplish? I just don't understand the thought process behind rioting. Especially in the King case ... they were burning down and looting their own neighborhoods!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I cannot imagine having rioting in the streets. I certainly hope it doesn't happen. The riot scene over the Rodney King verdict was unbelievable. And what did it accomplish? I just don't understand the thought process behind rioting. Especially in the King case ... they were burning down and looting their own neighborhoods!

Jemison

Rioting? Yeah right! People don't riot about real issues anymore. They riot in the city of the losing World Series team, or they riot when there isn't enough Tickle Me Elmo's at the toystore during Christmas shopping. People don't riot over issues that really affect their lives.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Four more years of unintelligible State of the Union Adresses, scooter accidents, energy giant scandals, and unfortunate superbowl snack mishaps.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
They riot in the city of the losing World Series team

Or riot when their baseball team wins a best out of 5 series against the NY Yankees.....Boston.

I don't think people would riot but this election will be decided in the courts. OR celebrtities will say "if Bush wins i am leaving this country". Kinda funny how they are still here speaking their garbage.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Having read what is going on with the electronic voting machines I think it is neither surprising nor in any way wrong that these fraudulent and dodgy devices will probably end up being challenged.

Obviously if the vote turns out to a significant degree they won't be able to steal this election but if it doesn't and voter numbers are close, Bush & the republican party's mates who are supplying these things could well attempt another theft.

Rather than criticise challenging this is it not right and proper that the vote be accurate and true?

.....or is the farce of last time to be perpetuated whereby the actual vote ended up irrelevant in the face of getting a speedy 'decisive outcome'?

Jayzuss, just what the USA - and the rest of us - needs, another 4yrs with what is seen (very widely) internationally as an illegitimate government persuing an even more right-wing ideological and aggressive 'strategy' than ever before . (*sarcasm* for those that need the hint*)

[edit on 25-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If Bush wins with, say, 278 electoral votes to Kerry's 260, Kerry would be foolish to try and bring this to court - support would fall away from him, even in the Democratic base, and he knows it wouldn't fly. To pretend that Kerry would sue in such a situation is irrealistic; he'd concede (and some people would find a way to find proof of his evilness in his concession speech).

As for those who say the riots are good because they'd kill off some liberals... you should be ashamed of yourselves. Those are your COUNTRYMEN AND COUNTRYWOMEN you're talking about. And yes, I'd say the same thing if it were liberals wishing death on conservatives.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Seeing how there are several one-state scenarios that would swing a 278-260 Bush win into a Kerry victory, I'm not sure why you think it would come off as a 'decisive' type of win that shouldn't be challenged.

Now if it were like 320+ to whatever, then I could see your point.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Four more years of unintelligible State of the Union Adresses, scooter accidents, energy giant scandals, and unfortunate superbowl snack mishaps.

And we will all have itchy butts for 4 more years. Damn that Bush.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
W_Hamilton - I guess we'll see. If the scenario were reversed, if it were Kerry winning 278 to 260 and Bush sued, what would happen then?

Just curious. No offense intended.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If Bush were the one suing, I'd imagine the Kerry campaign would re-run tapes of the '00 election where Bush and his buddies said such comments as "I think it's time we realize who won the election, and move on ... continuing to drag this issue out in the courts only puts this new administration at a disadvantage come January because we've put all our effort into proving that we won rather than preparing to take over the reigns." Something like that

As for the practicality of what happens, I imagine it would be the same for either candidate in challenging a state's electoral vote winner.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Or to maybe get at the base of your question.

No matter who wins, unless they get some incredible electoral amount (like 315+, 325+) -- which ain't gonna happen -- the losing side will cry foul and want everything to be challenged, while the winning side will say we should move on and tell the losers to deal with it. This will happen whether Kerry or Bush wins.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It really won't matter either way in the grand scheme of things.

A better question would be:

What are we in for if a third party candidate actually won the popular vote?

There would be fireworks for sure!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What are we in for if a third party candidate actually won the popular vote?

That would be interesting to say the least! However, I think the chances of that happening are zero!

Does Bush also have 10,000 lawyers waiting to pounce after the elections? I haven't heard anything said about it. Anyone know?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm sure they (he) have just as many lawyers as well as judges ready for the sideshow. The entire elecoral system in this country has been so corrupted at this point that the vote is becoming a joke.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well as the republicans say, "make it not close and it doesnt matter"

Lets hope America is smart enough to make that happen, and I think they are.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Well as the republicans say, "make it not close and it doesnt matter"
Lets hope America is smart enough to make that happen, and I think they are.

The problem is, half of America wants Kerry, the other half Bush. It seems very equally divided. Even if we have huge turnouts I don't see either candidate winning by a landslide.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
When Bush wins, Yes I did say when, this is how is see the next four years.

No particular order...

Partial privatization of Social Security...yes inspite of what liberals think, people are smart enough to plan for their own retirement.

DOW will rise to over 12,000

Dan Rather will be forced to retire.

Iraq will have elections on schedule and continue to move to democracy. We will have forces in Iraq for a long time. We are still in Germany after 50 years aren't we?

Even though Bush receives over 50% of the popular vote (something Clinton himself never did) and wins the electoral college by at least 60 votes. The liberals will still bash him everyday for 4 years.

New rounds of tax cuts for EVERYONE.

There will be a conspiracy between far left wing liberals and Al-Queda to assassinate President Bush. Several moderate democrats switch to the republican party, Joe Lieberman will be one of the first.

3 new Supreme Court Justices will be named.

Bush endorses the Guiliani/Jeb Bush ticket.

Guiliani/Bush defeats Clinton/Ubama in 2008.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join