reply to post by DoYouEvenLift
You first wrote:
My question comes from where you stand on your fellow legal gun owner discussing what his plans would be if the Second Amendment is repealed.
As all of the overwhelming majority of firearms in the United States simply become illegal to possess, would you as a law abiding citizen merely hand
over your weapons, or would you become a criminal?
The question is a matter of ethics, and whether or not you would be willing to follow a law that you are against, because society would demand you
And then again: Second Notice:....lol
Again, OP, I ask you..
How do you stand with these gun owners that will be willing to be involved in criminal activity because they need their guns to survive? How do their
talking points work against the image that you want to portray of A Respectful Law-Abiding Citizen?
After much thought, my reply is this;
While I won't state specifically what I would do, were all guns banned in the US, for a number of reasons, first and foremost being I simply do not
know, yet, I will give several possibilities, that should be considered by all.
1) Give up your guns.
2) Give up the guns that can be traced to you.
3) Fight the ban, but give up your guns, if you lose the battle.
4) Fight the ban, and fight the ones that come for your guns.
5) Flee the Country, with your guns.
6) Take your own life with your guns.
7) Take others lives, before taking your own, to make a statement.
8) Join forces with others who hold the same beliefs. Plan and execute a course of action, to maintain your way of life.
9) Go on a talk show, and complain about the erosion of the Constitution, and also share your thoughts on all of the conspiracy theories leading to
10) Enter politics, to overturn the law at a later date.
I could go on and on, with the rhetoric, but the point is, until it happens, no one knows exactly what they will do.
I don't expect a full frontal assault on guns. But, a continuing gradual slope to total disarmament, has already begun. And whether TPTB continue
with it to it's fruition, has yet to be determined...
I, am an individual. I will only throw my proverbial hat into the ring, when the cause seems to fit. And, usually even then, I try to be the voice of
reason. The moderator. The go-between. Weighing each side, and attempting to interpret both intention, and misconception for all!
This is the hand that I have been dealt. So, I use it, for the benefit of my species.