It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The very strange case of Enoch Soames, time travel, Teller, my friend's dad, and his unique photo.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
ohhh I love a good time travel story! S&F

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

For you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God (Exodus 34:14 ).

Um.. what does this epic wall of text have to do with the subject matter at hand?

You might want to ask to have this moved to a um.. more appropriate board.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
This is a new one on me.

Great story, thanks for bring it to our
attention OP.

Not sure what to think, but it is interesting,
and if true is a mind blower, although with
those two involved, being 'true' is within
the observer.

I agree, thanks for this one OP

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

This is interesting, but I'm not sure I buy into it, given the circumstances and the overall theory.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lifelibertynow

it's a work of literature i'm sure it's completely fictional with a little help from a magician.. it's one of those ethical pieces lol

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I cant believe I missed this post. I loved every bit of it. Thank you so much S and F!!!

Reminds me of why I came to ATS in the first place... A great time traveler story... Ill catch up on the thread to see what our sleuths came up with in terms of obvious hoax or not. To be honest, I hope it isnt lol!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
An interesting read. Looking forward to developments.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Fun read, love the idea of time travel but I think he's wearing a modern shirt. It looks like his collar is laying over the cape at the back, it's a lighter color.

In the 1890's mens shirts came with small band collars, for dress occasions a separate stand up collar could be added. I could be wrong but it caught my eye.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Great story!

Thank you OP!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
as numerous respondants to the thread either want the tail to be true - or actually believe it is , lets discet it - from a skeptical position :

1 - the duration of the alledged visit to the reading room - in beerbohms short tail - the visit lasts 5 hours [ 14:00 ~ 19:00 ] - but according to teller - the alledged soames was gone by 14:54

2- the alledged single reference to somes fournd , there are several issues :

a - if the alledged " soames " located it - why has no one else ?

b- the ` language ` in which this alledged article is written - to quote beerbohm :

"in wich e pautraid an immajnari karrakter kauld "Enoch Soames"—a thurd-rait poit hoo beleevz imself a grate jeneus an maix a bargin with th Devvl in auder ter no wot posterriti thinx ov im!"

the english language has not "evolved " into this drivel ` over the past century `

3 according to beerbohm :

he is the author and publisher of a succession of unsuccessful books of poems

one has to wonder why none of these alledged books were recieved by the bittish library - in its role as the nations legal deposit

sometimes a work of fiction is just that - a work of fiction - unless actual evidence exists to support its claims of factuality

where is the evidence for this tail ?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
another thing that strikes me as odd in this tail is that no one seems to address the issue of who [ apart from teller ] may have had the MMO [ means , motive and oportunity ] to stage a hoaxed " appearence by an alledged soames

the reading room staff ?

eng lit students from any UK university ?

a grooup of beerbohm fans ?

one thing that strikes me is the fact that beerbohms tail states that he arrieves at the reading room at 14:00 , but neither teller or any of the others who are sat in wait sopt the alledged soames til 14:10 , why ?

a prosaic explaination is that a hoaxer might enter the reading room in plain clothes and affect a ` costume change ` unseen to thus " appear " - but under scutiny - even with possible accomplices - the actual cange might not be possible at the correct time - leading to a delay - till a sutible opportunity to make his transformation unseen occured

and a last note - i am simply sharingf my observations on the implausibilities and inconsistences in the tail - if you want to claim its true - you are the positive claimant - and the logical burden is upon you to demonstrate that your claim is valid

i have only started to layout the questions you must address

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TTruth

Sometimes I wonder if people are truly ready for the truth. Removing a comment that is relative to my reality is rude and discriminating just like this topic. I have proof that's me in the picture and no I did not sell my soul. Ignorance will never complete your agendas. I have been through time and space and if your not truly understanding of this wisdom then you are lost. Money cannot purchase a soul and it cannot be sold short for anything. Your research on this topic is about hear say/ so say. I have arrived here to destroy your so called time equation and I solved the Voynich manuscript that talks about time travelers. Wake up because your sleeping. Here's your disclosure but you are all blind to the thoery of wormhole plasma transfer UFO's are your own government from the future protecting your right to live on this planet.

Ignorance will keep you oppressed!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Lets set the record straight this time. You came here from the future to take not make. This time you lost what you did not make. Removing the truth, proves the method of your deception. You will not find me but I have more than enough evidence to put you into your place. I read four dead languages for a reason. You will not have the equations or the machines. You lost this one because you are unaware of your choices through time......... YOU CAN'T HIDE THIS FROM GOD HE KNOWS WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TTruth

do you actually have any thing to add , or are you just another of those religious idiots ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join