It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taoism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Lysergic,
I'd only bore you with the details - so U2U - but the key meaning is "mixed" - and "chaos" is there.
In its essence: "balance all things": there are worse systems than Daosim.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
...it's a beautiful "big brush" character: congats on whoever drew it.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Taoism (like confucianism) is more a philosophy rather than a religion. It's a "way of life" not a "way of deities." You can practice Taoism in conjunction with just about any religion (except the extremist branches of religions.)

Religion should also be a way of life not something you do on the weekends.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I found the image in a book and made it in paint shop pro and made the background transparent.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Taoism is more about enlightenment than anything else,

This is just my opinion but I think that Jesus was about enlightenment too. The statement that he made about the Kingdom of God is within you is a perfect example of this.

Hkot~ Isn't learning from things a part of enlightenment? Just asking a question. I know how you can get

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well I should clarify. Eastern philosophy follows that "enlightenment" is obtained through some realization and then poof you end this cycle.

Taoism actually doesn't have that, it just is like Byrd said, more of a philosophy that there is only one "singular" point or existance or whatever, that makes up everything...not really a path to enlightenment like Buddhism.

But rather then a "realization" of enlightenment, it would seem more that enlightenment would be the acceptance that what happens, is your "fate".

Fate being more then just destiny or supposed to happen, but because it happend it can not change, and everything that happens makes you who you are, and guides what options you have in the future.

Not so much a "learning" or a searching, but a living.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You sound so much better when your not trying to bellittle

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
funny abstract

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ok Iam on the rite thread now. I saw some Toaist quotes on the Jedi thread and asked what anyone thought of Chapter 42 of the Tao Te Ching.

It is obvious Lao Tzu is refering to creation. I read the Toa of pysics and was not happy this chapter was not quoted. In the follow up book the author gets of the subject entirly. I think 42 is very important from a phylisophical perspective. Given that the first Physicists were refered to as natural philosaphers I believe the key to the big bang lies in pure thought.

I see very strong parrales between 42 and Big bang theory. Given Latzus third Law the cyclical nature of all things I tried applying 42 to the medium and micro levels of evolution and found it works perfectly.

I would like to know what other peoples interpratations of 42 would be regarding. Big Bang, Syetems Evolution, Planitary Evolution and Biological Evolution. Quantum theory is hard. I have tried but it breaks down. It all depends on the antimatter where it is and if it shadows matter. Very dificult can give you headaches. Temporal mechanics has the ability to do that. There comes a point when you must remind yourself of the unity in all things. Unity is good there is complete reconciliation and no conflict. Thats why it is the first Law.

Mabe Iam on the wrong thread to ask this question. The correct interperation of antimatter is that it has mass. Taoism would suggest antimatter has negative mass. If antimatter creates antigravity by virtue of the Laws of Temporal mechanics it would be in a negative temporal reality. Could this be the other 4 dementions postulated in UFT. Have never read of anyone following this line. Would love to know what naval intel has on UFT. I would like to know if any one beleives matter is joined to antimatter via temporal doorways. Tacions could be byproducts of these temporal doorways. The properties of atoms are very unusual and misunderstood.

For any one who was left behind do not worry. Taoism makes physics much easyer. Chapter 42 applies to creation at all levels. The Laws are short and sweet. It realy is amazing how perfectly simple this universe is.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join