It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria militants use chemical weapons against Syrian forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't know the validity of the news or if this has been posted before but I thought it was worth a mention

According to a commander of the Syrian Presidential Guard, at least seven Syrian soldiers were killed on Saturday after they were attacked by a chemical weapon which produced a toxic yellow gas.

The soldiers were reportedly killed within an hour after inhaling the gas.

Foreign-backed militants have repeatedly threatened to use chemical weapons against the army and pro-government civilians in recent days.

They have also threatened to contaminate Syria's drinking water supply in a bid to kill all Alawite Shias and the supporters of President Bashar al-Assad.

presstv.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
english.farsnews.com...

again I don't know the validity I don't claim this to be true however a game changer

I haven't seen it on any western media which would be expected anyway
edit on 23-12-2012 by ANDERSON23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If this can be confirmed, then this whole thing just escalated.

Lemme see if I can find another source.

ETA: YNET is reporting the same
edit on 23-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by unphased

thank you for the help, now Assad is backed into a corner if true he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
But....but MSM said Assad was bad and the Al-CiAduh rebels were good...

So confused

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANDERSON23

thank you for the help, now Assad is backed into a corner if true he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I would disagree. I just don't think he's gonna use them. There's been nothing more than biased reports saying Assad had a part in killing civilians. If he didn't then I doubt he'd use chems.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
But....but MSM said Assad was bad and the Al-CiAduh rebels were good...

So confused

Exactly why the MSM isn't posting the story yet. They're probably waiting on the approved version. lol

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

its like the saying one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I see where you are coming from but he is backed in a corner I don't think he will use them however this may become a viable option in the future If I was him I'd be prepping all troops with NBC gear and refrain from using them as the incident could have been a ploy for a justification of boots on ground intervention, but we don't know what will happen in the future it depends on the discipline of his forces to stay restrained from this option he isn't a stupid man if he was he wouldn't lasted as long as he has thats for sure.

I guess we could all assume and question but when it comes down to it anything could happen wether it will escalate shortly or not is another matter should be interesting to see what happens within this time till the patriot instalment and there after

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This thread combined with the other thread covering interviews of Syrian forces and asking their opinion of the war makes me think the west has picked the wrong side to support. I'll take a secular gov over pro islam "freedom" fighters any day!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CincinnatiReds

well it does make you think who is backing them and what they stand to gain out of it look at Iraq we tried installing a government that would be west friendly but we can see how that went but then you look to the Arab Spring and muslim brotherhood succession and their supporter fingers in pies

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yes this report has been on a number of news outlets today, I see it here www.globalresearch.ca... a few min ago.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Is anybody else starting to get the feeling that the West would be better off with Assad in charge?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Better the Devil you know...... The alternative has worked sooooo well every other time...

I would hazard a guess that they were supplied by Charlies Infamous Angels......

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Touche, Obama Arab spring has flopped, we lost eygpt,libya and the middle east will be firmly in the hands of radical Islamists. Terrorism will soon be an everyday occurence.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT

Touche, Obama Arab spring has flopped, we lost eygpt,libya and the middle east will be firmly in the hands of radical Islamists. Terrorism will soon be an everyday occurence.

erm pretty much of the entire north of africa is now controlled buy nato 'assets' the al-Qaeda guy fronting egypt went a mental but they roped him in he aint a pharoh, hence egypt not supporting palestine.
i bet your american and believe nobody died at the school shootings, yet dont have the balls to stand on corner and shout about it because you have not, not done anything behind a computer screen, bless

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
why bother if you cannot retort?

top topics

join