It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd, guy on bicycle appears to teleport out of nowhere

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hi ATS

I have been killing some time on youtube and came across this video. I have done a search and have not found it here. It seems like and old man on a bicycle just appears behind the guy in the video and rides off. I cannot explain it. Maybe someone here could enlighten me as I have been dumbfounded. I can guess some sort of hoax/prank

edit on 23-12-2012 by LiquidAsh because: spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It looks to me like the old guy may have been behind the "robert englund" look alike, in such a way that you cant see him until he sets off

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

It could be , but it doesnt seem to "fit". And the guy in front seems to only notice him when he appears

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidAsh

Interesting, that is pretty weird. I watched it a few times to look for any possible edit points and it doesn't appear to have been CGI'd. I watched it w/ no sound however, but I don't think that would have changed the line of thinking.

It seems as though the bicycle guy was not part of whatever was the reason for the film.

Flag for you, would have been a Star too but you posted in the wrong forum lol.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
it appears what you have here is just the right timing for the man on the bicycle to be blocked from view by the man on the left, until the man on the bicycle turned around and then came into view on the side of the man standing. i would love to see the footage 15 seconds prior to what they are showing us, perhaps then you could see the bicycle coming into the picture behind the guy on the left. just my 2 cents

edit, make notice of the guy on the left, his body moves in the same direction as the guy on the bicycle, which would screen the guy on the bike from view until the right moment.
edit on 23-12-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

It is my first topic I started so I apologise for putting in the wrong place. Maybe the mods could move it for me?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
By stopping it and restarting the video it appears the bicycle was aimed at the guy. The bicycle then turned left and was exposed. The guy on the bicycle looked to be pushing off with his feet and not pedaling indicating that he was at a stop just before you could see him in the video.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidAsh

nice find

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
It looks to me like the old guy may have been behind the "robert englund" look alike, in such a way that you cant see him until he sets off

That's what it looks like to me too.

If you look closely at the guy in the jean jacket, look at back of his head, specifically where his hair meets his jacket...in the tiny gap between his hair and his jacket collar, you can see movement.

Just one of those 'right place at the right time' things, which probably couldn't be done again on purpose without a lot of messing about.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Is that the teleportation I just saw ? Is that one of the star people who are living among us ? If that was not a CGI , then I bet it is Teleportation .

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Either way it was cool to see 1 got a smile out of it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I personally don't think the bicyclist was at a stop, there was already forward motion at the point of the turn imo. I do find more probability however that the shot was "just so" and at such a perfect enough angle with the backwards movement of the guy being perfectly aligned to the forward movement of the bicyclist which lined up perfectly, thus giving the illusion of appearing out of nowhere. More so than tele-porting into the street from another dimension.

Although, I slowed it down and moved it forward frame by frame hoping to catch maybe just a glimpse of the bicyclist's forward motion over the guy's right shoulder (left side of the frame) before he actually came into frame but to no avail. So if anything, it made for a great optical illusion.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I tell you what. With the all the family members here with me for the holidays it sure started a discussion with answers that range from sane to totally insane. Lol. I suppose I have to agree also ans say this was just perfect timing.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
he was just perfectly hidden behind the standing guy.

the simplest explanation is usually the truth.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The video is continuous but we only see this clip begin as the guy on the bike is in a straight line behind the guy then makes a sharp left into view...

I don't see any mystery or magic.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
it sure made me smile.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

it sure made me smile.
reply to post by IamOutThere

You should get out more,

perhaps go see Cirque du soleil, they'd for sure freak you out. haha

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I thought he might be concealed by leather jacket, but if you watch how far leather jacket steps from (our) right to left, it should be enough to at least catch a glimps of the bike. Im not saying he actually teleported lol, just that there SHOULD be a view of the bike before, but there isnt...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's angle and perspective. The guy on the bike is just far enough behind the guy in the jacket to obscure the bike and himself, and they move together before the bike guy rides off.

Looks cool, but not teleportation. Crazy part is, the odds of this being filmed from this exact angle with no setup are probably staggering!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wow, if you slow motion the video at .04seconds, you can watch the tire start to take shape, then in .05 frame it is literally a object. Either real or one dam good cgi footage.

Nice find op, reminds me of the dissapearing girl on the bus i heard a day or so ago

edit on 23-12-2012 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join