It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five common myths about the Diaoyu (Senkaku) Islands debunked.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

What's this 1979 agreement? That's a new one on me - link to more info, please?

As far as your other points, I think I've covered those above. I'll just add that your claims of secrecy don't really hold water - they were incorporated as terra nullis (as there was no evidence they had ever been inhabited), and there were no counter claims by any other nation. The claims were recognized internationally, and the data was added to the navigational charts. Maybe you think there should have been more fanfare, but let's face it, these are islands that are about the size of the average Australian farm.

I wasn't referring to the San Fran negotiations - I was referring to the 1895 treaty negotiations. The Senkakus were not mentioned in that treaty by anyone. Why not?

I'd suggest that the main reason is that they were never claimed by China - and the fact that there is no evidence that any Chinese have ever lived or worked on the islands seems to support that.

I meant to say 1879, sorry.

As for the claim that the islands were taken by Japan as terra nullis, that is a lie that was debunked a few months ago. The National Archives of Japan has several documents in which the Japanese say that the islands are Qing, including #315 on 26/9/1885, and another on 21/11 of the same year.

The real reason why it wasn't mentioned in the Treaty of Maguan is because Japan did not want the world to know they were stealing the islands.

cul.sohu.com...

edit on 27-12-2012 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

I agree with most of your post except the first sentence. China will never give up the islands for two reasons:

Firstly, the islands are of strategic significance. They are located China's continental shelf. If Japan really has them, then it shares a continental shelf with China. Secondly, and much more importantly, if they do, there will be mass protests and riots all over the country. They may even follow the example of the 4 May movement, in which protesters targeted Zhang Zongxiang, Lu Zongyu and Cao Rulin (politicians who led to Japan's acquisition of Shandong in one way or another); one got beaten up and another had his house burnt down.

FYI, Vietnam hasn't been on good terms with China for a long time. China and Vietnam went to war in 1979.
edit on 27-12-2012 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

Sorry, I stepped into your thread with a huge response - and then I've been unable to find the time to get another response in. End of year madness at work and all.

I came across this the other day:
www.mofa.go.jp...

A lot of the questions and claims you've been making in this thread (and the other one) are addressed directly, and it's the official Japanese government line. There's a lot of hearsay on this issue around the net, as far as what the Japanese claims actually are, and what the timelines are, and so forth. Have a read through that, I think you'll find it useful.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
OK, I've skimmed through the Q&A. Some of the questions (especially the terra nullis part) will require more research to disprove, but Q14 is downright wrong and deceitful, as I've explained in this post.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner

Originally posted by diqiushiwojia
reply to post by spangledbanner

Spot on! Thing is, some people believe in these myths spread in the West. It's good to know that not all Westerners have been 'brainwashed'.

edit on 23-12-2012 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

Israel would have to agree,.

The important thing is who is there first.

( and sorry, I didnt actually even read your thread before commenting. I thought you were an ignorant westerner or some anti-China propagandist. ATS is full of them. )

So... I guess isreal agrees that isreal should go back to the people who were there first, the Canaanites?
Maybe we need to put more research towards finding out who these people were so we can give them back their land. The native Americans might want to have a word with you as well. You should teach them your theories and have them take action.
I say let China and Japan armwrestle, have a surfing competition, or play chess or whatever they wanna do to solve their problem. A martial arts one on one fight to the death, perhaps? One death to spare many? Ah, nobody ever likes my ideas... You all suck! And your world bores me!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner

Originally posted by diqiushiwojia
reply to post by spangledbanner

Spot on! Thing is, some people believe in these myths spread in the West. It's good to know that not all Westerners have been 'brainwashed'.

edit on 23-12-2012 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

Israel would have to agree,.

The important thing is who is there first.

( and sorry, I didnt actually even read your thread before commenting. I thought you were an ignorant westerner or some anti-China propagandist. ATS is full of them. )

So... I guess isreal agrees that isreal should go back to the people who were there first, the Canaanites?
Maybe we need to put more research towards finding out who these people were so we can give them back their land. The native Americans might want to have a word with you as well. You should teach them your theories and have them take action.
I say let China and Japan armwrestle, have a surfing competition, or play chess or whatever they wanna do to solve their problem. A martial arts one on one fight to the death, perhaps? One death to spare many? Ah, nobody ever likes my ideas... You all suck! And your world bores me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join