It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse who committed suicide after answering a hoax phone call, made two attemps before

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

THE nurse who committed suicide after answering a hoax phone call about the Duchess of Cambridge reportedly made two attempts to kill herself a year ago and had been prescribed antidepressants.

www.news.com.au

THE nurse who committed suicide after answering a hoax phone call about the Duchess of Cambridge reportedly made two attempts to kill herself a year ago and had been prescribed antidepressants.

Jacintha Saldanha, who took her own life days after the call from Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, attempted to commit suicide in December 2011 during a family visit to India, according to reports in Indian media.

She survived after being rushed to hospital but tried to commit suicide again just nine days later..
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax
edit on 23-12-2012 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2012 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This confirms my theory that a person does not commit suicide for what happened just like that but that likely something more was going on in her life

Everything is very tragic of course, but aparently she was sick suffering anti depression and on medication. It is not confirmed yet, but I would not be surprised if this was true.

www.news.com.au

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenoftheworld

This confirms my theory that a person does not commit suicide for what happened just like that but that likely something more was going on in her life

Everything is very tragic of course, but aparently she was sick suffering anti depression and on medication. It is not confirmed yet, but I would not be surprised if this was true.

www.news.com.au

So the radio dj's wont mind if the public plays pranks on members of their family? I wonder if the dj's have any family members that are depressed. Would they like someone making a fool out of them in front of the entire world?

Stop making excuses for this stupid dangerous and possibly illegal prank. The station and the dj's shoyuld be ashamed of themselves at the very least. I hope they are charged.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner

Originally posted by citizenoftheworld

www.news.com.au

So the radio dj's wont mind if the public plays pranks on members of their family? I wonder if the dj's have any family members that are depressed. Would they like someone making a fool out of them in front of the entire world?

Stop making excuses for this stupid dangerous and possibly illegal prank. The station and the dj's shoyuld be ashamed of themselves at the very least. I hope they are charged.

I absolutely agree with that however she had a history of depression. In my opinion you would not kill yourself for something like that if you are in a right state of mind.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
As I said, mentally healthy person will not commit suicide due to a prank. It is a very sad event, but that gives us no right to blame the prank caller. We shouldnt be obligated to tip-toe around everyone because some fraction of population has mental issues.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

The fact is ,that she is dead because of a prank call ,if the prank call had not taken place she would still be alive,, The two attempts are not confirmed so could be complete rubbish,,
It was a bad taste joke the dj's never wanted this to happen its just a sad joke that has back fired on them big time,,

if you had members of the royal family staying at your hospital and somebody who sounded like the queen rang up ,your not going to question if she really is the queen or not ,, the dj's were dumb in not thinking there joke through,,

As for the two so called attempts you should have waited for confirmation before posting this thread

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

One prank and they should be charged? What about Ashton Kutcher with that show Prank'd? If the DJs are guilty of anything then Kutcher is guilty of serial suicide instigation attempts. Did they actually do something wrong or unfortunately do this to the "wrong person"?

IF the OP is correct then this woman may have just as easily been set off by discovering that the Earl Grey she ordered was actually Oolong.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

Have you heard the call? She sounded nothing even remotely like the queen!!!!!

Prank calls happen everyday the world over and most people who are pranked normally have a laugh over it and even enjoy the notoriety, Its sad that the nurse died yes but the witch hunt thats ensued is just sickening.

The DJs did nothing wrong its just unlucky that nurse answered that call, anyone else had of answered and this wouldnt have been news at all

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

The fact is ,that she is dead because of a prank call ,if the prank call had not taken place she would still be alive,, The two attempts are not confirmed so could be complete rubbish,,
It was a bad taste joke the dj's never wanted this to happen its just a sad joke that has back fired on them big time,,

if you had members of the royal family staying at your hospital and somebody who sounded like the queen rang up ,your not going to question if she really is the queen or not ,, the dj's were dumb in not thinking there joke through,,

As for the two so called attempts you should have waited for confirmation before posting this thread

No , the sad fact is she was disturbed and mentally sick . If you have a family (I believe 2 kids and a husband) , you do not commit suicide because of a prank call .. God damn it , get a grip people, now we will be blaming pranks for peoples suicides ? Really ?!

I guess following that logic, we should either lock up or better yet shot dead most of the stand up comedians in the world, because god forbid they could one day make a prank on some mentally disturbed moron that will commit suicide because of that ... She had kids and a loving husband for christs sake ! and she commits suicide due to a prank call ?!!!? She was not raped , tortured , her family was nod shot dead, tortured, raped, or anything of that sort that could leave a very permanent mark on her sanity .. nooo she has been pranked by two talk hosts into letting out some information that is all that happened ... And she kills herself because of that ?! .... Do you see the rather obvious problem here ??

edit on 23/12/12 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

This was no ordinary prank it involved the British royal family and had made her look stupid to the whole world , parts of India are more British than British people are now a days they speak real queens English and fallow all the pomp and ceremony and dining etiquette so if she was from that type of family back ground the the shame would have been over whelming

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Have you heard the call? She sounded nothing even remotely like the queen!!!!!

Prank calls happen everyday the world over and most people who are pranked normally have a laugh over it and even enjoy the notoriety, Its sad that the nurse died yes but the witch hunt thats ensued is just sickening.

The DJs did nothing wrong its just unlucky that nurse answered that call, anyone else had of answered and this wouldnt have been news at all

i have heard the call and they sounded enough like the queen to be believed don't forget there really was royalty staying there why wouldn't you believe the queen was calling ,To question if she really was the queen could have got her in more trouble

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

i have heard the call and they sounded enough like the queen to be believed don't forget there really was royalty staying there why wouldn't you believe the queen was calling ,To question if she really was the queen could have got her in more trouble

So what? By your logic you are on a maniacal suicide instigation rampage. Stop the madness!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

So what? By your logic you are on a maniacal suicide instigation rampage. Stop the madness!

your not British are you ?

link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Radio stations prank the public on a regular basis so how is it illegal? Its ok when nothing happens so why should they be held accountable for something which may not have anything to do with their phone call? It is obvious the woman had a history of depression.

link   
I knew she had to have previous issues!

Nobody in their right mind would commit suicide over this. I hear radio pranks every single morning via a local station and those people aren't offing themselves for being embarrassed/harassed. Yes this is a little different since it's the Queen and Prince William/Kate but still.

It also shows her family lied when they said she had nothing wrong with her and would never commit suicide because of her faith, they knew she tried to commit suicide previously and tried to hide it. Probably to blame the DJs and not the fact that this woman was mentally ill.

Obviously this was the tipping point for her and it's sad but it was her choice to end her life over something like this. Do I think the prank was wrong? Yes but I also think after listening to the prank itself that the person who took the call on the recording was GULLIBLE as can be and naive to believe it was actually the Queen. I mean it was a horrible radio prank and anyone with any common sense would have figured out it wasn't real.

We have a local station here that does "phone taps" and they are done by friends and family members but they get a little insane tbh and downright rude! I think they are wrong and shouldn't be allowed. To me it's bullying and it's not funny to some. Some people get really upset esp when the "prank" is something personal and it's aired on the radio for everyone to hear and laugh at you.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Apparently she left two suicide notes and they would explain the likely reason why she killed herself. I think blaming the two DJ's is ridiculous. Its obvious she had issues before the prank. I'm sure the suicde letters would also give us a better picture as to why..

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I knew she had to have previous issues!

Nobody in their right mind would commit suicide over this. I hear radio pranks every single morning via a local station and those people aren't offing themselves for being embarrassed/harassed. Yes this is a little different since it's the Queen and Prince William/Kate but still.

It also shows her family lied when they said she had nothing wrong with her and would never commit suicide because of her faith, they knew she tried to commit suicide previously and tried to hide it. Probably to blame the DJs and not the fact that this woman was mentally ill.

Obviously this was the tipping point for her and it's sad but it was her choice to end her life over something like this. Do I think the prank was wrong? Yes but I also think after listening to the prank itself that the person who took the call on the recording was GULLIBLE as can be and naive to believe it was actually the Queen. I mean it was a horrible radio prank and anyone with any common sense would have figured out it wasn't real.

We have a local station here that does "phone taps" and they are done by friends and family members but they get a little insane tbh and downright rude! I think they are wrong and shouldn't be allowed. To me it's bullying and it's not funny to some. Some people get really upset esp when the "prank" is something personal and it's aired on the radio for everyone to hear and laugh at you.

no body with mental issues or who has attempted suicide before is allowed to work in British hospitals , she worked for a private and very well to do hospital that cared for the rich people of Briton and they would not risk having somebody with mental health issues talking and dealing with there multi millionaires customers
edit on 23-12-2012 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Have you heard the queen speak?
The Aussie accent was so thick on the DJ you could have cut it with a knife!!!!

Why wouldnt you believe the queen was calling, why WOULD you believe the queen was calling?
I doubt the queen makes many of her own phone calls common sense should have told anyone that the queen wouldnt be making her own calls to the hospital switchboard, I also doubt anyone would get in trouble fpr questioning if it was really the queen in fact they would most likely be commended for being tight with security.

The point is this isnt the fault of the DJs, yes they may have been the straw that broke the camels back but there was more at play here than 1 simple prank.
Should we outlaw firing people for incompetence? how many people commit suicide because they lose their jobs?
Are bosses ever threatened with legal action or death threats by a rabid public like these DJs are?

Seriously give em a break dude

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth
no body with mental issues or who has attempted suicide before is allowed to work in British hospitals , she worked for a private and very well to do hospital that cared for the rich people of Briton and they would not risk having somebody with mental health issues talking and dealing with there multi millionaires customers
edit on 23-12-2012 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

Because nobody has ever hidden something from an employer.

She attempted suicide in INDIA. What makes you think that it wasn't kept from her employer? She was in India not her own country.

attempted to commit suicide in December 2011 during a family visit to India, according to reports in Indian media.

She survived after being rushed to hospital but tried to commit suicide again just nine days later.

Ms Saldanha, 46, spent several days in intensive care before receiving psychiatric treatment and being prescribed a course of powerful antidepressants for nine months.

Just because there is some law you claim doesn't allow people with mental issues to work there that doesnt' mean they knew about her condition. MANY people with mental health issues hide it from others because they are ashamed or embarrassed. It's not uncommon for people to keep something like this from an employer or even family members.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Years ago I was voted the most witty person in my senior class. I frequently played jokes and pranks on my friends. They all seemed harmless and good for laughs. Then a few of them backfired and people were hurt. That was when I realized my wit could be used for good or bad. Unfortunately, wit is often used to bully people, to make them feel foolish, stupid, ugly, etc. The reason it works is because we enjoy reducing someone to an inferior position. In a sick way we believe we are too smart to fall for anything and we feel superior.

There will be people who will tell me to lighten up and it's just a joke and good fun. We all have areas of our lives that we feel insecure about. If you are honest with yourselves you will admit you would not want those weaknesses exposed and ridiculed. When the goal of a prank is to make someone feel stupid and inferior I believe you have crossed the line. Those of you that have children know how your kids have been hurt by others. As a retired counselor I have seen peoples lives altered by careless and hurtful comments made to them. Fathers who tell sons they will never amount to anything. Mothers who tell daughters they are getting fat.

Words have incredible power! For good or for bad. The word is mightier than the sword after all. You may choose to dismiss what I have said as "touchy/feely" stuff. I understand there are "harmless" pranks, but the line can easily be crossed. Is the prank at the expense of some one else?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join