It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America cant afford to put armed guards in schools. Conservatives must be conservative.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The cost of putting an armed guard in every school in America would cost around 4 billion dollars a year at a minimum.

Do people really think that America can just print money every time they think of some hairbrained idea? Those days are over.

America has like a 500 billion Trade Deficit. America has a 16 trillion dollar National Debt.

America's dollar loses value each and every day due to unlimted quantitative easing.

Now having said all of that, there is still hope for America if the conservatives will stop wasting so much of Americas taxpayer dollars on security.

America has the largest economy in the world. There is no need for America to be in such debt. America should be rich. The thing that America must do is get rid of the Patriot Act and go back to living life without fear. It will save you a fortune. The TSA should be scrapped. Military spending should be slashed and America should let the world deal with its own problems. The conservatives are to blame for trillions in waste and Obama really hasnt done much at all different.

The solution to the non existent US budget is to save on security.

There are Hurricane Sandy victims that are very angry and upset about the lack of help that they have been given by fema. Some are going to have a very miserable christmas. America is running out of money to help victims of National Disasters. How can there be 4 billion dollars for Armed Guards in schools when there is not enough money for Hurricane Sandy victims?

Conservatives need to take their own advice and stop wasting money everytime they feel afraid. Bad things do happen but the solution is not to bust the budget with knee jerk security measures every time a bad thing does happen. Conservatives must stop jumping everytime they see a shadow. Conservatives must stop being paranoid.

There is no way America can afford to add a yearly cost of 4 billion dollars to their budget. ( I know Obama doesnt actually ever have a budget, but you know what I mean )

edit on 23-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Easy-peasy.

Just deputize a vet or vets with the local sheriff's department. Local taxes could pay for it. Though many, most might just even volunteer.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Well, how partisan of you. I'm a little surprised to hear that Conservatives are the guys spending like drunken sailors. Of course that WAS true under Bush....and I thought we'd seen as bad as things could get. Oh indeed.. I thought spending was wildly out of control under Bush.

Then Obama RE-appointed Bernanke....has maintained general fiscal policy as a continuation of what was started in 07/08 and took Bush's staggering 400-500 billion dollar deficits and introduced us to TRUE out of control spending with deficits per year that have remained above 1 trillion. Of course 1 trillion will seem low now....since they've added 85 BILLION a month in new spending on the debt since just September. Between Bernanke and Geithner? I don't think we can handle any more of this. It's literally killing us.

You said:

The conservatives are to blame for trillions in waste and Obama really hasn't done much at all different.

and I agree with the sentiment all except where you seem to figure one side is overwhelmingly more at fault than the other. Obama has MORE than done his fair share and then some to prove his worthlessness to follow the last worthless President we've had. It's been 12 years now since we DID have a President that seemed to understand Economics better than a High School drop out.

Both parties and sides have been WELL represented in bringing us to this point of total financial failure as a nation and either side can still mitigate the damage. Even now. Both sides....to a person...are choosing to duke it out over who gets the last dry spot to stand on as the Titanic THEY ALL drove into an Iceberg sinks beneath us.

(Right and Left for absolute blame in any form is for elections......Survival doesn't know or care about direction, and it's survival time, IMO)

* Oh and every major department has old cops close to retirement. Our city uses THOSE guys for school positions. No extra cost. They love the easier work and the kids don't have Superman with an attitude looking to prove himself to the world to deal with for the district police help,. Works for everyone....they ought to try it more.

edit on 23-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

The NRA solution is absolutely retarded.

We need to end "gun free" school zones.

edit on 23-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It shouldn't be up to the Federal Government to pay for it, or the states... it should be up to the counties in each state to pay for it. That is about as Conservative as you can get.

new topics

top topics

join