It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Click here to break out of the matrix

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Why am i not surprised to find you two guys in here going back and forth....

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by smithjustinb

roreply to post by Itisnowagain

It doesnp

It doesnp what?

Read it again.

What is it you want me to read again? Can you be more clear please?

I accidentally hit reply when I typed "it doesnp what?". So I edited it to what I was trying to say. Read that reply again.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Without any more explanation and just questions to answer questions, thus thread is the essence of nothingness.

You haven't asked any questions.

What would be the point, you just answer questions with questions in an attempt to seem wise and philosophical. Moving on.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
reply to post by smithjustinb

Maybe the illusion is really that what appears to be nothing is really something.

Nothingness can't appear. Only things can appear. And things do appear. But now, I recognize them as just appearances.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Without any more explanation and just questions to answer questions, thus thread is the essence of nothingness.

What would be the point, you just answer questions with questions in an attempt to seem wise and philosophical. Moving on.

No I won't. Ask me one.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

roreply to post by Itisnowagain

It doesnp

It doesnp what?

Read it again.

What is it you want me to read again? Can you be more clear please?

I accidentally hit reply when I typed "it doesnp what?". So I edited it to what I was trying to say. Read that reply again.

Yes, i could only answer what i read.

No thing is seeing this and this is made of nothing. I agree.
Emptiness is forming.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

reply to post by smithjustinb

Maybe the illusion is really that what appears to be nothing is really something.

Nothingness can't appear. Only things can appear. And things do appear. But now, I recognize them as just appearances.

What is seen is nothing appearing.
There is only nothing and it appears to exist.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

No I won't. Ask me one.

If everything is nothingness, how do you explain sound waves? In order for them to exist, a transmitter (a tree falling down) needs to interact with a receptor (an ear) therefore because two things exist, a third is created... Thus, there is something. Or no?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
ahh, mind altering substances and quantum physics! gotta love it!

'i think,therefore i am!'

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
ahh, mind altering substances and quantum physics! gotta love it!

'i think,therefore i am!'

Thinking is not done by you. Thinking is an appearance that is seen and known by you.
Prior to thought you are!

But what are you??

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Nothingness Theory. A good read if you have nothing to do for a while.

It’s a brisk fall morning in New York City. Wind blows dust and leaves around in little tornado shaped circles outside the windows of my 7th grade science class. As I watch the hypnotic swirling motion our teacher, Mr. Lobel, leans against the granite lab-table and poses this question: “Let’s say you put a piece of cork and a metal spoon in the refrigerator over night, which one will be colder the next day?” It seems like a trick question. “you're going to have to figure it out, we’ll talk about it tomorrow”. Of course none of us want to wait until tomorrow to get the answer, but Mr. Lobel can not be swayed. I open the refrigerator at home and feel the milk carton – that’s pretty cold. I feel the cork on the wine bottle – not as cold. The coldest thing in the refrigerator is a wet piece of lettuce, but Mr. Lobel didn’t say anything about wet lettuce. I’m still not sure what the answer is, but I'm pretty sure it's the spoon. There's no way that cork can be colder than metal. Most of us think it's the spoon. There are a few oddball cork-guys, but they have pretty lame ideas about why it's the cork, so Mr. Lobel finally resolves the mystery: "The cork, spoon and anything else hanging out in the refrigerator long enough will be of equal temperature". He uses this model to illustrate three profound ideas in physics: One: there is no such thing as “cold”; there is only more or less heat. Cold is a matter of human perception. The metal spoon transmits heat away from the hand faster than cork so it feels colder. Two: heat will try to even itself out. It will always go to where there is less heat until equilibrium is established. Three: Heat is energy and energy is motion. The type of motion known as heat is the vibration of atoms and molecules. This changed my perception of everything. It gnawed at my understanding of reality. How can heat just be wiggling atoms? Heat burns, melts, and boils. Why do the atoms wiggle in the first place? Why does the oscillation always even itself out? I had unwittingly asked myself a question, the answer to which reveals a connection between the primary forces governing the behavior of the universe. I learned that the ubiquitous evening-out process I had questioned results in a state scientists call equilibrium. In the seventh grade experiment, had I actually gone to the trouble of putting a spoon and cork in the refrigerator, the internal refrigerator temperature would have disturbed the equilibrium between the spoon, cork, and their previously warmer environment. They would have spontaneously given up heat until thermal equilibrium was achieved with the surrounding refrigerator air. There is a fourth profound idea in this experiment. Even without a rocket, or a cyclotron, or millions of dollars worth of exotic equipment it is possible to explore the universe. By showing us that the deep mysteries of life are revealed by observing everyday phenomena, Mr. Lobel opened the door to real freedom-of-mind. This is how the ancient Greeks invented modern science, mathematics, philosophy, and government. We are only just catching up to them now. In this spirit, Nothingness Theory begins by investigating the significance of attraction to equilibrium via its role in the behavior of electromagnetism, gravity, and the two nuclear forces.

Full paper on Nothingness!

A singular force, attraction-to-equilibrium, underlies the laws of nature, and evokes the process of human thought. Its ultimate expression is perfectly symmetrical static uniformity, a state termed here as “nothingness”.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
There is no such thing as nothing. Nothingness does not exist, Only the illusion of nothingness exists.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

No I won't. Ask me one.

If everything is nothingness, how do you explain sound waves? In order for them to exist, a transmitter (a tree falling down) needs to interact with a receptor (an ear) therefore because two things exist, a third is created... Thus, there is something. Or no?

Nah.

The building block of the universe, matter, is potential differences of nothingness caused by the perceivable differences of dimensions of nothingness. To an observer, time and space appear to be different, but science has made it clear that they are one. It is this possibility for differentiating that which should be impossible to differentiate that gives way to all things. Matter is known to be well over 99% empty space, but it appears to exist because of the relative positioning of awareness. It is the awareness that gives rise to all appearances. Therefore, matter was formed by awareness of potentials of nothingness.

I do have one question though. What is a one dimensional string made of?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
i think what the Ops alluding at is that if a person is not nothing then they are in Hell!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
There is and always was something. There is and always will be something.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

There is and always was something. There is and always will be something.

You believe you are a thing among other things and this is where the human condition of fear stems from.
There is only what is present. Is this, that is present, a thing? Is what is seeing and knowing this appearance a thing?
Can what is appearing appear without being seen and known?
What is seeing and hearing right now?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Matter is known to be well over 99% empty space, but it appears to exist because of the relative positioning of awareness. It is the awareness that gives rise to all appearances. Therefore, matter was formed by awareness of potentials of nothingness.

So awarness must exist first for something to appear from nothing. Then your position is moot as awarness is something that creates something. And not something from nothing.

String.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

There is no such thing as nothing. Nothingness does not exist, Only the illusion of nothingness exists.

The illusion of nothingness is the something. It is impossible for an individual to have a truly objective experience. No one has ever had an objective experience because there is no such thing. Experiences aren't real. They appear to be real, but they are nothing. What is seen is the illusion.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Matter is known to be well over 99% empty space, but it appears to exist because of the relative positioning of awareness. It is the awareness that gives rise to all appearances. Therefore, matter was formed by awareness of potentials of nothingness.

So awarness must exist first for something to appear from nothing. Then your position is moot as awarness is something that creates something. And not something from nothing.

String.

A string? A string is made of a string? Like a cotton string? Hemp string? Guitar string? String string? String of what?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
i think what the Ops alluding at is that if a person is not nothing then they are in Hell!

A 'person' is a thing that most believe they are. A 'person' is an accumulation of memories and anticipation in 'time'.
When you realize that you can only be present, you find you are timeless being. The realizaton of timeless being is heaven.
A 'person' in time lives in hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join