It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Click here to break out of the matrix

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

"form is emptiness; emptiness is form"

Heart Sutra

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 33vibe

If people need to believe what they feel is right then why would anything but the most positive and beautiful explanation suffice to form their illusion of consciousness? If perspective is a matter of will, why would you will to see things in a way that makes you unhappy?

You questions are misleading. My definition required the seekers to establish his/her own truths and beliefs. Your trying to twist the context of what i said into something different using the why?

If you are going to insist on a whys?, please examine your own Quantum actions.

edit on 24-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXHappy Xmas posters in this thread. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

We dont all see eye to eye. and its inevitable because of such we argue sometimes, but somewhere and somehow we will meet on common ground and sign a peace accord.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've noticed that when people point out the obvious flaws in this line of thinking, the OP calls the person a naysayer and asks why they are starting trouble. That in itself shows how silly this theory, if you can call it that, really is.

If there is no happiness, and no sadness, and no wrong, and no right....what is existence? If it's all an illusion created by our own perspective, then nothing we do matters. It isn't even a question of doing good or bad. Killing a person does not matter, because if it's all illusion, then I have no moral obligation to care about human life...killing isn't good or bad. There is no positive or negative, they are illusions. So I can do whatever I want and it has no meaning, good or bad. This is actually called being a sociopath....you have no empathy, you don't feel emotion, and nothing matters to you, good or bad. Your perspective is all that matters. Don't talk to me about gravitating towards positive energy, or any of that...because it is all illusion.

If you want to live your life in such a way, it is a free world. But if you don't want to discuss it, and you just want people to take it at your word...sorry, you need to take Philosophy 101 and realize that these ideas are nothing new, and they are nonsense.
edit on 24-12-2012 by BSFC123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

So I can do whatever I want and it has no meaning, good or bad. This is actually called being a sociopath....you have no empathy, you don't feel emotion, and nothing matters to you, good or bad. Your perspective is all that matters. Don't talk to me about gravitating towards positive energy, or any of that...because it is all illusion.

BSF i didnt want to say this but this is the thing that concerns me the most of embracing the philosophy of nothing matters, no emotion.it all leads to no empathy. and once a person gets to that point it will become a slippery slope indeed.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"something", "nothing" "matter", "emptiness". These are concepts in your mind. Drop the concepts. But be very careful because the mind will come in again and try to conceptualize the "non-conceptual". See! by putting it into words its become a concept again...............just keep noble silence.
edit on 24-12-2012 by emeris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by 33vibe

If people need to believe what they feel is right then why would anything but the most positive and beautiful explanation suffice to form their illusion of consciousness? If perspective is a matter of will, why would you will to see things in a way that makes you unhappy?

You questions are misleading. My definition required the seekers to establish his/her own truths and beliefs. Your trying to twist the context of what i said into something different using the why?

If you are going to insist on a whys?, please examine your own Quantum actions.

edit on 24-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Finding truth rests in the answering of questions... the act of reasoning. How do you feel I twisted the context of your statement? Ideas and questions belong to everyone who encounters them... they are ours to sift through examine and interpret, to keep or discard. I intend no harm.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm glad someone finally cleared that up.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Nothing has been cleared it up its only on pause for the respect of Xmas.
This thread has been filled with toxicity and evil.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Nothing has been cleared it up its only on pause for the respect of Xmas.
This thread has been filled with toxicity and evil.

Isn't every thread, eventually?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Isn't every thread, eventually?

No. Some origins are rooted in evil and others are not. Pick your side evil or good, or be an emotionaless zombie. Three choices.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

If we are all one nothingness, then how is there anything except empathy? Apathy is for those that don't see that we are connected.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

If everything is nothing then there is nothing if there is nothing then what are you and me? How does nothing observe nothing? There can be no differential if there is nothing. There must be something to observe and there must be something to differentiate from nothing. Consciousness is something not nothing. It may not be what we think it is but in order for us to exist and observe even nothingness we must be something. How can nothing be self aware of nothing?

We may not understand what we are fully and this life may be an illusion but in order for us to experience even illusion we must be something and not nothing...

edit on 25-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I would label "Good" as "Compassion / Care" and "Evil" as "Indifference / Apathy (not caring about the world or others)", but that seems so simple and even compassion can be used against people to control them (via emotions).

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

First of all...Space/Time cannot exist without Matter. It is the very existence of Matter that creates tangible distance and along with Dark Matter and Dark Energy create the physical rules of our Universe such as Gravity and Quantum Mechanics.

So you cannot say that Space/Time is nothing as it is in fact a template for the Laws of the Universe to play out.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I would label "Good" as "Compassion / Care" and "Evil" as "Indifference / Apathy (not caring about the world or others)", but that seems so simple and even compassion can be used against people to control them (via emotions).

Your right Arpgme. Im trying consciously to move myself out of Apathy to the Compassion/Care. Its not easy but has to be done as the Apathy/indifference was sucking the life soul out of me.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Your right Arpgme. Im trying consciously to move myself out of Apathy to the Compassion/Care. Its not easy but has to be done as the Apathy/indifference was sucking the life soul out of me.

Hanging out on this site is only going to hold you back, brother.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Was that a sarcasm at work?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Was that a sarcasm at work?

It was, but perhaps it didn't?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

It was, but perhaps it didn't?

what is the matix?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join