It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There should be a clause in the marriage contract for husbands who have colds!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I havent been sick an almost 2 years and Im not really sure why. I had food poisoning a couple times, which resulted in a couple of hours of upset stomach and throwing up, but no colds or flu. Years ago I would get them all the time, and the thing is I considered myself more healthy than I do now in the sense that I didnt eat as much junk food and would run outside 4-5 times a week so I was in better physical shape.

As to why i havent gotten sick? I really am not sure but Im not complaining. I do take an organic vitamin called Pure Synergy, made for men but they have a womens version too. It has all the normal stuff youd expect, all natural and not synthesize, plus a bunch of different roots and herbs that I dont really know alot about. I take one everyday, sometimes two if I lift alot of weights that day and feel like I want a little extra just in case.
As for medicine, I havent taken cough syrup or the like in years as well, even a couple years back when I did get the cold a few times a years. I have a sensitive stomach when it comes to some things, and medication is one of them, so I usually wouldnt bother taking it. Ive since then read that certain medicines can help slow down your recovery from sickness, but lessen the symptoms of course to make it more bearable. Im not saying I wouldnt take cough syrup again if need be, but I havent had it in years and surprisingly I havent had any problems.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my personal story because, like I said, I used to get sick alot more often but really over the past 2 years or so Ive had nothing. So i can either attribute that to being very luck or taking the natural vitamins everyday. I also drink alot of water and used to get a good amount of sunlight on a weekly basis, but the past month or so has been much harder as the sun has changed positions making it much harder for it to reach into our yard, surround by trees.

Feel better! Ginger tea has also helped me relieve symptoms in the past (fresh, cut up myself) but not on an empty stomach thats for sure.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

Thanks. I've got some pretty bad sinus problems. I once tried to bend steel with nothing but my nose and cheekbone (long story) but since then, colds have gotten the better of me. Plus I try to avoid any surgery if no bone is poking out or rampant bleeding is occurring.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Now I have to go back to whining.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't get it. I've net met anyone in life sat around whining about the flu. Where this idea comes from that men play up when they have a cold I don't know. Maybe it's something that only southern english and american men do.

About the only time I've seen "man flu" is on adverts targeted for women

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I feel ya bro I just got over a severe case of pleurisy. It was one of the worst pains I have ever felt. My chest on fire fore two weeks. It got to the point were I had to wrap a bed sheet around my chest as tight as I can stand it, and sleep in a most uncomfortable chair. it was terrible. However if there was a husband clause in the marriage contract, my wife surely followed it. She was there by my side taking care of me the whole time. we should all be so lucky. cheers mate and hope you get better before christmas hits. totally sucks to spend the holiday under the weather.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Now I have to go back to whining.

Ya big baby.

I don't care what anyone says, when we get sick enough, we all want our mommy.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Speak for yourself. I no longer cry for my mommy, I cry for my wifey ('
')

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You poor baby! When my husband has a cold I make him some crappy soup (usually Campbell's chicken), don't complain about the snoring and usually perform a sexual act that does not require his participation at all. He says he wrote that in the ketubah but since it is in Hebrew (am I am pretty illiterate) I have to trust him. He is a lawyer after all. Feel better.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If their ill call the FBI it's a national emergancy.

I've recently been diagnosed with a condition that's currently
Making my life hell.

Any sympathy from the wife

ZERO.

wait till she's ill , I will be out drinking

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgafmisfit83
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Speak for yourself. I no longer cry for my mommy, I cry for my wifey ('
')

Same thing, right?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinnyc
You poor baby! When my husband has a cold I make him some crappy soup (usually Campbell's chicken), don't complain about the snoring and usually perform a sexual act that does not require his participation at all.

Damn.....now THAT'S honesty.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

YOu would fair better if you took your balls out of your wife's purse.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Awakening from an over-the-counter drug induced sleep, I find myself assaulted by numerous posts questioning my manhood?

To reiterate this is not just a cold, but is a cold with sniffles and sinus! (and a wee cough!)

I know what many of you are thinking. "Why isn't he in an ICU???"

I know. I have to ask myself that same question. But it is the holidays so I find myself carrying on, doing my part for the betterment of humanity, despite my crushing affliction. My wife remains indifferent to my horrible condition but I hope she comes around when she's finished with her denial of how serious this actually is!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Awakening from an over-the-counter drug induced sleep, I find myself assaulted by numerous posts questioning my manhood?

To reiterate this is not just a cold, but is a cold with sniffles and sinus! (and a wee cough!)

I know what many of you are thinking. "Why isn't he in an ICU???"

I know. I have to ask myself that same question. But it is the holidays so I find myself carrying on, doing my part for the betterment of humanity, despite my crushing affliction. My wife remains indifferent to my horrible condition but I hope she comes around when she's finished with her denial of how serious this actually is!

Sorry about the Christmasniffle, Beez. I knew that soak in the punch bowl would threaten
your fuzziness. And those watered down Tibetian bath salts didn't do much to water down
my extended bout of whatever-it-is from the Borgia Beef sandwich LAST weekend.
My liver-top feels like it was recently visited with a p/blank .270... all week. But Man-Flu?!
All hail the bunny, even if the wording may be inaccurate.. and get good soon.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Waited all day to have a chance to post this.

When you have run children around all day, vacuumed, done 3 loads of laundry cooked dinner, washed dishes, played mediator between fighting children, amongst a host of other things that don't let you sit down for more than a second, with pneumonia, then you have earned the right to whine, otherwise suck it up buddy.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

Thank you. At least some can appreciate the devastating effects that man-flu has on men and society at large. The fall of great nation-states can be directly attributed to man-flu. Recently, the mayans have been large in the picture of current events. They could potentially predict the end of a world.

But could they see the effects of man-flu? Since their culture collapsed, I can assume not.

Will try to carry on. Christmas is only a day away. *gasp* Must be strong for the family!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Waited all day to have a chance to post this.

When you have run children around all day, vacuumed, done 3 loads of laundry cooked dinner, washed dishes, played mediator between fighting children, amongst a host of other things that don't let you sit down for more than a second, with pneumonia, then you have earned the right to whine, otherwise suck it up buddy.

My evil wife had you post this, didn't she!

(hope you feel better)

beez

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinnyc

Your husband is a very lucky man. I will add that to my terms and conditions of my next potential mate.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You poor little rabbit! My wife only cares about how much money I can make, anything besides that she doesn't give a damn.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Vitamin D - it's winter, Beezer! I never get sick, though it's worth playing it up occasionally for some sympathy homemade chicken soup, wife making a nice comfy setup on the couch..."just watch movies or play video games and relax, i'll take care of (fill in chores) - though she's genuinely "sick" more often that me and I hook her up pretty damn good in those times. Colds are rare for either of us anyway - I think spouses who don't get sick should get a "taken care of" sick day now and then even if they're well.

I enjoy doing the care taking as much as being taken care of, it's kinda fun, as long as it's rare...
...aaaahhhchoo!! Uh oh...I think you passed it to me..."honey?...i'm not feeling so good..." :LOL:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Sorry, I should have swabbed the thread with alcohol before preseting it to ATS.

(talk about your "computer viruses"!!!)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join