The Atomic Bombings on Japan were war crimes and here is why!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Its still a war crime bro, you can list as many examples as you like, why do you think America wont sign on to the U.N. war crime bill. because of pathetic excuse making like your doing now.
Look all you have to do is say" yeah hey we broke the law and murdered millions of people, but we done it for our own good" thats all you have to say man.
www.google.com.au... HHZUJvgKoGXkQWgt4GgBA&usg=AFQjCNEw59xnB4yZY3oT8T-5ZcjJlHKHpw&bvm=bv.1355534169,bs.1,d.dGY

www.the-philosopher.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by daaskapital

I hope you understand that part of the decision to detonate at altitude was in case of a malfunction that way Japan wouldn’t be able to recover an undetonated bomb then be able to reverse engineer or repair it then turn around and use it on the US.

That, and for the maximum damage...

This has been gone over many times both on ATS and the international community the US did not commit a war crime by using the atomic bomb that has been the official word on the matter.

Yes they did. The Atomic bombs caused "unnecessary suffering" to the population. To soldiers, and civilians both. Therefore, the bombings were war crimes. Why is it so difficult for people to understand?

Also, it wasn't like every single civilian was a soldier. All those under 15 and over 60 were just normal civilians. Considering the USA bombed and killed/terrorised the civilians, it proves that the Atomic bombings were war crimes.
edit on 25-12-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Yes they did. The Atomic bombs caused "unnecessary suffering" to the population.

No they did not actually. The actions of the Japanese government caused Japanese to suffer.

it proves that the Atomic bombings were war crimes.

No, it proves you just want to blame the USA for something that was Japan's fault..

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Yes they did. The Atomic bombs caused "unnecessary suffering" to the population.

No they did not actually. The actions of the Japanese government caused Japanese to suffer.

No, it proves you just want to blame the USA for something that was Japan's fault..

lol, ok so by following this train of thought we can blame the Jews for what happened to them, I can dig it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Yes they did.

Lets go through this so you can understand clearer.

The

USA

Dropped

The

Bombs,

Therefore

They

Were

The

Ones

Who

Made

The

Japanese

Suffer.

As

Such,

The

Atomic

Bombings

Of

Japan

Were

War

Crimes.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

lol, ok so by following this train of thought we can blame the Jews for what happened to them, I can dig it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

Are you familiar with the general legal system? Let me ask are you trying to say the US is guilty of war crimes based of off rules or laws that were written after WW2? If that is what you are trying to say then I suggests you educate yourself a little more first.

Just to be clear I never said the US was guilty of anything please reread what I wrote because you obviously didn’t comprehend it. BTW as I stated before this matter has already been determined by the international community to not be a war crime so regardless of your opinion you still are incorrect.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Sorry but there is a term for that and it is called collateral damage. Both those cities were legitimate military targets and you can’t get around that fact. Even in today’s world with the technology we have a bomb cause’s collateral damage. The US and other countries have created precision weapons to cut down on unintended casualties but it is a fact of war that there will be collateral damage as long as wars happen.

The entire argument you made has been dependent on the detonation for maximum effect and I have news for you. It isn’t against the law. Every nation has air burst Bombs and they are not against the rules of war. Not even today. Even if they were which they are not as I stated when the US detonated at altitude it had a dual purpose to keep the weapon out of enemy hands. You have been shown several times in this thread the regulations you quoted cannot be applied to any of the bombings as it was written for hand grenades and such. If you choose to ignore the facts that is fine but I will not cater to delusions.

I understand the case you are trying to make but you don’t have a theoretical leg to stand on. See above post. Continuation of that war would have been far more gruesome than what was done to end it. Would you have preferred that more people had died would you have been that cruel?
edit on 25-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

and by following your train of thought we can blame the Palestinians for what happened to them.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Are you familiar with the general legal system? Let me ask are you trying to say the US is guilty of war crimes based of off rules or laws that were written after WW2? If that is what you are trying to say then I suggests you educate yourself a little more first.

Just to be clear I never said the US was guilty of anything please reread what I wrote because you obviously didn’t comprehend it. BTW as I stated before this matter has already been determined by the international community to not be a war crime so regardless of your opinion you still are incorrect.

of course you never said the US was guilty of anything, you never would, why that would actually be admitting something.
the OP outlined the guidelines that were broken. I guess the villagers at mai lai also deserved to be massacred as they were collateral and fell under the "civillians helping the enemy"
It was a war crime.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Why again would I agree with a false accusation. Are you crying now because you can’t find any facts to support your claims? Bo ho for you.

The OP has been thoroughly disproved.

Whatever you are talking about with Tike Torch Island is irrelevant. The subject is the atomic bombs. Red herring Fallacy arguments won’t work.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
In a world that is on the precipice of economic collapse, why would anyone think that spending literally hundreds of millions of dollars to line the pockets of countless lawyers required to convict a country of war crimes long passed is a good idea? Beating a dead horse will not make it deader ( if that is even a word )

Because they are planning the WW3.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Does this topic really need debate?? What is wrong with common sense these days.. War itself is the crime against humanity but yeah, you shouldn't even have to think if dropping a nuke is a crime or not. If you can't figure that out please go swimming to in arctic.
edit on 25-12-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The Japanese knew they had lost the war and wanted to discuss the terms for surrender. The United States however demanded they surrender without any terms what so ever. We would not allow them to surrender with dignity. No we demanded unconditional surrender. Our country wanted to test these new weapons and knew the Japanese would not do this. We could have won the war without destroying those two cities, therefore the USA is guilty of war crimes.

So what this is just one of many. We are the strongest militaristic nation on the face of the whole earth, We make the laws and will do what we want. There is no nation on earth that can stop us We have waged war against God and won. Who can stop us?

Rev 18:4 Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

Br. Ben

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BrBen

So from what you are saying a conditional surrender should have been fine leaving the leaders in power which is what Japan demanded?

Following your line of thought Germany could have conditionally surrendered and Hitler would be left in power.

Good to know that you are in favor of leaving dictators like Hitler in power.

As for myself I would not.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Lets go through this so you can understand clearer.

The

USA

Dropped

The

Bombs,

Therefore

They

Were

The

Ones

Who

Made

The

Japanese

Suffer.

As

Such,

The

Atomic

Bombings

Of

Japan

Were

War

Crimes.

Site

The Target Committee nominated four targets:

Kokura, the site of one of Japan's largest munitions plants.

Hiroshima, an embarkation port and industrial center that was the site of a major military headquarters.

Niigata, a port with industrial facilities including steel and aluminium plants and an oil refinery.

Kyoto, a major industrial center.

Hiroshima and Kyoto were picked....

Hiroshima....

At the time of its bombing, Hiroshima was a city of both industrial and military significance. A number of military camps were located nearby, including the headquarters of Field Marshal Shunroku Hata's 2nd General Army which commanded the defense of all southern Japan.[55] Field Marshal Hata's 2nd General Army was headquartered in the Hiroshima Castle and his command consisted of some 400,000 men, most of whom were on Kyushu where an Allied invasion was correctly expected.[56] Also present in Hiroshima was the headquarters of the 5th Division, 59th Army, and most of the 224th Division, a recently formed mobile unit.[57] The city's air defenses comprised five batteries of 7-and-8-centimetre (2.8 and 3.1 in) anti-aircraft guns. In total, 40,000 military personnel were stationed inside the city.

The attack on Hiroshima's military construct constitutes no war crimes.... Civilians were not the mission, but as EVERY bombing raid, and I mean EVERY bombing raid in WWII, civilians were bombed. Launching V2 rockets into London with no military objective but to strike terror in the civilian populace was a war crime by example.

Kyoto was removed and Nagasaki was added...

Nagasaki...

Its main industry was ship-building, with the dockyards under control of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries becoming one of the prime contractors for the Imperial Japanese Navy, and with Nagasaki harbor used as an anchorage under the control of nearby Sasebo Naval District. These connections with the military made Nagasaki a major target for bombing by the Allies in World War II.

Bombing Nagasaki basically wipedout Japan's Navy and more importantly their ability to build war ships, so once again a military target....no war crimes...

We can argue to a point that the collateral damage was too great and so puts these into the possibility of a war crime scenario, but as I said before, EVERY bombing mission would then be considered a war crime too, on all sides. Technology was not there and so whole towns were bombed to hit the military targets.

Ya I know in 2012 it seems weird that they just didn't send in smart bombs guided by GPS...lol

Another point one could argue is dropping two bombs. Only one was most likely needed, but I think for both Japan and Russia they thought America only had the capabilities to make one bomb and any more might be years. We see how long Iran is taking to get enough U235 to make a bomb with its centrifuges.

Dropping two bombs showed everyone that we had more than one bomb, dropping it in the ocean might have done the same trick, but then if Japan didn't surrender we would have all of Japan's navy to deal with too. The second bomb assured that no matter their choice they were done.

edit on 25-12-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Japan looks at the unconditional surrender as a rebirth into the society they have today. They expected rape, pillage and plunder since that was their mind set at that time. We did none of that and rebuilt the Government into the free society that they are today. We also ushered in women's suffrage which was a huge event for Japan, though it seems none of you recognize it as much of anything at all.

When I lived there for 5 years I was a little worried that the older Japanese people would be angry that I was an American, and what I found was something totally different. Those that were old enough to remember WWII are very grateful for what America did after the surrender, and I constantly had many come up to me to say hi and thanks....

All this doesn't minimize the horrors of war or the A-bomb, but Japan would be a totally different country today (and not on the good side) if they were allowed to continue on as they were. Can anyone of you even comprehend how vicious, cruel and basically inhuman the Japanese were back then looking as they are today?

edit on 25-12-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I casually hinted a few times, that I would agree the bombings are war crimes, to try to see where you are going with this.

I'll be more direct.

Yes, the atomic bombings of Japan can be classifed as war crimes. What do you suggest we do about it?

Keep in mind that the Japanese judicial system, in 1963, removed any burden of liabilty from the United States. The 1963 Shimoda case ultimately placed the responsibility onto Japan.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The

USA

Dropped

The

Bombs,

Therefore

They

Were

The

Ones

Who

Made

The

Japanese

Suffer.

As

Such,

The

Atomic

Bombings

Of

Japan

Were

War

Crimes.

You have been repeating yourself for the past 15 pages of your own thread, adding almost nothing valuable in return for your repetitive arguments (if you can call "The US dropped the bomb so they are guilty NA NA NA I CANT HEAR YOU" arguments, at all).

I seriously doubt that
Writing
This
Is
Going
To
Help
You
Any
Further.

Nobody with a balanced mindset or without a strong hatred for anything western is gaining anything out of your posts, while you could have at least considered reading the refuting posts that are replied to your's.

Obviously you are not interested in a discussion, rather making a quick star gain (eg; bashing US) and keep repeating your stance no matter what is being replied to you.

I honestly can't understand how sh***y threads like this one ever go beyond the second page.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Obviously you are not interested in a discussion, rather making a quick star gain (eg; bashing US) and keep repeating your stance no matter what is being replied to you.

Other then the Historical FACTS that many have brought to the table, THIS sums up the OP'S entire Thread, Hands down.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join