It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I did a search, this short story has been brought up only 6x on ATS, never as a topic.

This story changed the way I thought about how the future would be forever. It had deep ramifications in the way that I percieve the future.

It displays Post-Singularity being "boring". (Much like heaven I have always imagined)

The 1st chapter or 2 focus on how far one will go post-singularity just to experience something new. For those of you with weak stomachs, speed read the detailed simulation aspects of those chapters. If you can handle imagining barbaric situations though.. Enjoy!

This is a quick read, 8 chapters. I suggest this for anyone interested in how it might be post-singularity.

(Click "Read It Online" for the story, also mods no worries. Roger consents
)

localroger.com...
edit on 23-12-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: forgot to post the damn link lol

edit on 23-12-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
no replies? hopefully someone is reading it and waiting until its done to come back and say AWESOME STORY!!! I think this is one of my more pertinent threads. Read it guys, some of you will absolutely adore it, I promise.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. This is one of the most out-of-the-box stories that I have ever read. It was very thought provoking through out the whole story, and is still leaving me with questions.

It pulls a sense of the preciousness of life out of me.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smwoop

My pleasure! Glad thats what you got out of it. It leaves me with questions too..

Is that hows its going to be? Surely not, but then I think there will be some big similarities and doesn't mean good ones. The end of the story seems fairytale'ish to me, like once the singularity begins anything will ever be able to stop it, the absolute craziness of post singularity society though isn't hard to fathom.

The end does leave you humbled though, there wasn't any other way.. which is another striking similarity between the story and our reality. Thanks for being the one person who checked it out!

new topics

top topics

join