It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens is Back with more evidence in Season 5

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

That's for sharing the other episodes, I shall try to watch them within this week

Does anyone find it strange that the dude who did experiments of pyramids he did mention that when they were moving they created energy, I was thinking they must be doing that all the time, as the earth moves around right?
So if the earth was to spin around really fast, something would happen to them?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamsecret

Thanks for the link, It gets interesting near the end. The Star of Bethlehem at Jesus' birth in Palestine, is indeed a UFO. What else can it be?

I as well will be watching the 5th season. Always enjoy listening to Giorgio A. Tsoukalos and Erich von Daniken.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
the star of jebus, the star of david, wacky beliefs made up by the romans, more wacky than eastern culture the might of rome could not conquer?
explain?
please
rome dealt with china for the silk, hindus and buddhists there gods, a centeral meaning, rather than romes several gods taken from egypt and greece, quick find one.
what do we have now judaism set when the romans killed him, muslim an off shoot of judaism, christian/catholic/protestant/etc etc same roman silk weaving charms.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

reply to post by ceetee

Calling someone a "charlatan" can actually be libelous or slanderous.

No you dont state anything of worth you just slander all the people on the show .

What possible worth is there to such a statement ?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

reply to post by ceetee

Calling someone a "charlatan" can actually be libelous or slanderous.

No you dont state anything of worth you just slander all the people on the show .

What possible worth is there to such a statement ?

I suggest you note the motto of this website.

That's the worth of his statement.

Harte

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
anyone got any good links for the new series?

youtube seems to have episodes 1-4 then it jumps to 10-12

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
If they didnt outright lie about half of the stuff they use as evidence I'd give them more respect. I want this theory to be true but they discredit it more with each episode

So, o wise one. Give us what you know that makes you claim that the film makers "outright lie". Otherwise, your charge is vacuous.

There is a difference between lying (which implies that the film makers KNOW the truth and distort it) and making more of the evidence than the facts warrant. Calling someone a liar simply because you don't agree with him is totally uncalled for.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
while it can be entertaining, this show is actually making people a heck of a lot thicker and is part of a collective delusion exercise.

ignorance disguised as analysis.. novices and laymen dissecting science, myth, history, linguistics, engineering and archaeology where 2+2=3

hang on, that sounds strikingly familiar

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The show is a complete joke and the network and the producers know it, there's nothing new for them to say with new seasons, but the show continues to get good ratings for its comedy and entertainment value. So what can they do?

I am willing to bet that more than half the people who watch the show do so simply because it's funny; half the people on this forum treat it with contempt, the number has to be much higher among the general population. It is like other reality shows -- part of the appeal to the audience is watching and asking, "Are people really this stupid?"

So I predict that the show will need to become even more outrageous to keep its audience. The ancient alien researchers will have to be put in more dramatic and dangerous situations. They should get in shouting matches with skeptics and break into tears when their theories are trampled on. They should secretly tunnel inside the Great Pyramid and get arrested, just like that other UFO reality show that got arrested for trespassing into Area 51. They should be flung off cliffs in homemade Nazca gliders or put into shark cages in the Caribbean to "look for signs that ancient aliens created Atlantis."

Sheer entertainment, no research no science here.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

There is a difference between lying (which implies that the film makers KNOW the truth and distort it) and making more of the evidence than the facts warrant.

Pretty accurate description of the show.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing the link. It is very good.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xromano

I understand that some people feel the need to helpfix the misconceptions that anyone who do not hold the the same view as they have.but if we all are aloud to think our own way why do some people have to belittle or redicule anyone who's opinion doesn't aline with theirs ?. I think each thought has merit and sould be exspressed . I have been watching this show too, and I know it stretch's the points some times but they do make known things that people have glossed over in history. We really don't have all the answers yet but if we never ask questions we eill never find out . A lot has been made of supposed debunked artifact 's shown on this program . But in truth they have not beendebunked just laughed at and pushed aside but supposed expert's. Who are not really experts at all. Now feel free to tell me all about your truths thanks

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
As sort of a side note, am I the only who finds this thread's subject line a bit giggle-worthy?

Ancient Aliens is Back with more evidence in Season 5!!!

I added the "!!!" because that seemed necessary to highlight the profound absurdity of what we're talking about here.

The title implies they had evidence in previous seasons. It also implies that science, particularly archaeology and astronomy, advance through the medium of cable television reality shows. I am rather sure that it does not. So there's that too.

What's more likely, that some shoestring budget, ratings-starved tabloid television show is involved in cutting edge science -- or rehashing Chariots of the Gods for the next generation.

Occam's razor cuts deep.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It's good for the drinking game. You take a shot of your favorite alcoholic beverage every time somebody starts a sentence with:

"Could this possibly be...?"
"Might this be evidence of...?"
"Could all of this add up to...?"

et cetera.

See if you can remain standing past the second commercial break.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Agreed. "Ancient Aliens". The subject matter is safe from verification because it all happened a long time ago. What about a show called "Current Aliens"? They could show us modern evidence of those same aliens with pics and stuff.

Nobody would watch it anyway. We can sorta believe Ancient Aliens better because there is no evidence expect flight of fancy.

I miss the days when you could read the National Enquirer at the supermarket counter and wonder if any of that crap was true? Maybe I was younger. More impressionable and gullible.

By the way, the video in the OP is gone...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I miss the days when you could read the National Enquirer at the supermarket counter and wonder if any of that crap was true? Maybe I was younger. More impressionable and gullible.

I think what happens is oversaturation. It used to be that every couple of years you'd get a blurry UFO photo published in a pulp magazine like Argosy or something and it was so odd that it had the feel of being true, since after all who would even think up stuff like this? Then after a while we got a glut of books and images and reports and crazy speculation and then the Internet came along and now we get a constant stream of it. It just became old hat and boring, because after years and decades it NEVER, EVER turns out to be anything significant or important. Then in retrospect you look at the "classic" cases you were so intrigued with long ago, and you begin to see the same pattern of baseless speculation and nonsense in them.

Or maybe the damned time travelers ruined everything.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Then in retrospect you look at the "classic" cases you were so intrigued with long ago, and you begin to see the same pattern of baseless speculation and nonsense in them.

Ummm, I had my experience with one of these craft back when these "classic" cases were occurring.

At That Time it was not acceptable to talk about these things. People were shunned for speaking of it. You had to press people, they literally didn't want to hear it. The one time I actually saw one with others it became harder and harder to talk to them about it as time went on. I don't have that problem, they seemed to shy away from it. Eventually I lost touch with them and don't know where they are anymore. I do so dearly want to talk to them about it today to get their more mature opinion of it. Sadly I am left with my own vague memories of the most important event of my life.

Don't lose faith because of all the crap out there. Keep your filters on and your eyes and ears open.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

"Could this possibly be...?"
"Might this be evidence of...?"
"Could all of this add up to...?"
et cetera.

I can see that you can see through the BS too. That is the best tool in you detector kit.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
why does everyone have their panties in a twist?

it's a tv show, on tv, for entertainment, liberty's are taken, and as ancient alien theorists believe, it may all be bull

the best thing about ancient aliens for me are the places and artifacts they show you , simple as, they show you some cool places that I would love to go and have a nosey around regardless of who built it.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
reply to post by R0CR13

Checking facts, Sirius B was theorized around 1844. Checking facts, the Dogon theory wasn't "discovered" until the 1930s. During that time, the Dogon most likely had contact with westerners. Checking the facts, the Dogon worshipped the bright star Sirius.

So, to simple minded individual such as myself, a westerner could have told them about the theory of Sirius B and they began to include that into their oral traditions. To them, this change has always been and when a westerner in the 30's asked them about it, they simply stated that it has been handed down from generation to generation.

Oral traditions are not accurate, they tend to add and subtract with each telling. Though I do like the story, I believe it's just that, a story.

I found this:

Link

and this

ats link

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join