It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens is Back with more evidence in Season 5

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
That was a good episode, enjoyed it! Not one to believe man had much to do with pyramids in ancient times.

But I have to ask, every other paragraph begins with "Ancient alien astronaut theorists believe..." ... hang on, who are these AAAT's? They make out there are hundreds or thousands of them. I'm pretty sure there's only 5 of them and they're all in this documentary. I wish they'd just say "Our guests believe...".

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee
this show is a massive disinformation exercise. You'd be better off watching doctor who and star trek if you are looking for facts. ...bla bla bla ...
if you think what i've said is untrue, then you should definitely do your own research outside of the circles of these charlatans. I can guarantee you'll back off from AA theory once and for all as all your "smoking guns" will turn into water pistols

I think you are the one who is spreading disinformation here is what I found when I bothered to look .

The people of the World have said that once there was ..

A mythical sky ladder, tree, rope, mountain, .. that connected heaven and the earth.

The ladder ...enables gods and humans to travel between Heaven and Earth.

That is the Story .

Groups that have this common "Myth" from around the world just a few

The Han, Buyi, Miao, Yao, Qiang, Naxi, Dulong, Kazak, Tlingit ,Kwakiutl ,
Chorote, Melanesians, Mataco, Chorote, Nivalke, Tupi, Toba, Makka, Guarani, Carib,Chamacoco, Ringa-Ringaroo...Fiji Islanders ..egyptians ..sumerians .. Siberian shamans ... Norse and Celtic ...North and South American Indians ... even the Inuit ........... WTF ...!

OK it is easier to just say that Every Where on Earth has a similar legend .

Isn't the story of Jacob’s ladder the same "myth"

The son of Isaac dreamt he saw a ladder extending to heaven.

“And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.”

OK ...

The descriptions vary from ladder to rope to tree to mountain .

Sumerian texts the Duranki connected between heaven and earth

The Egyptians recall the destruction of the link ... “when the sky was separated from the earth,
when the gods ascended to heaven.”

In the Rig Veda ...The separation of heaven and earth is said to have occurred shortly after Indra’s birth
amidst cataclysmic circumstances .

The Maya and Olmec ....“The classic texts at Palenque tell us that the central axis of the cosmos was called
the ‘raised-up sky’ because the First Father had raised it at the beginning of creation in
order to separate the sky from the earth.”

I think anyone who reviews the evidence will find that this consistent story has a common truth embedded in it .

The fact that this is still being debated seems rather ridiculous to me .. ????

The ancients throughout the world are saying men and gods came and went by means of this creation ...

So how is it you all you doubters seem to be missing this fact .

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Let's use the simple approach....

Back in the day there was no artificial light to obscure the night sky and the sight of it was unbelievable. Now, the ancient peoples looked at it and thought, "Hey, that must be where the God(s) come from!" Why would they think this? Sun gives light, the sky gives rain, there's a strange orb at night that changes over 30 days....Just look at all the stars and that huge rift. Surely, this is where the Gods come from! Right?

So, how do you get there? Well, most get there when they die I guess cause they're no longer here. But I don't want to die in order to get to the heavens! Well, maybe we could climb there? Look at that huge mountain, it reaches to the sky! Hey wait, look at this tall tree, I bet there's a tree that reaches all the way to Heaven. Looka here, I built this thing called a "ladder," if we build one long enough we could climb into the heavens. That must be how they do it! They use a large heavenly ladder!

It's not aliens, it's people doing what people do best....using their imaginations and thinking through a problem. Again I say, pyramids are just man's way of building mountains to be as powerful as the God who created the mountains in the first place.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
reply to post by R0CR13

Back in the day there was no artificial light to obscure the night sky and the sight of it was unbelievable. Now, the ancient peoples looked at it and thought, "Hey, that must be where the God(s) come from!" Why would they think this? Sun gives light, the sky gives rain, there's a strange orb at night that changes over 30 days....Just look at all the stars and that huge rift. Surely, this is where the Gods come from! Right?

So, how do you get there? Well, most get there when they die I guess cause they're no longer here. But I don't want to die in order to get to the heavens! Well, maybe we could climb there? Look at that huge mountain, it reaches to the sky! Hey wait, look at this tall tree, I bet there's a tree that reaches all the way to Heaven. Looka here, I built this thing called a "ladder," if we build one long enough we could climb into the heavens. That must be how they do it! They use a large heavenly ladder!

It's not aliens, it's people doing what people do best....using their imaginations and thinking through a problem. Again I say, pyramids are just man's way of building mountains to be as powerful as the God who created the mountains in the first place.

Let me use the blunt approach .

Apparently you don't read or research but but rather you attempt to verify your own beliefs with your own beliefs ..

Fail ... that is classic .

You don't understand squat based upon what you've said and you don't bother to check facts either .

If you want to preach your beliefs go start a church .

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

I didn't realize you were the only one allowed to "preach" your beliefs. The facts that you show are stories and, yes, there is a common theme, but that's where your facts end. I have checked the facts as presented by Ancient Alien Theorists and have found them to be wanting.

Why is it so hard to believe that humans could build these structures without alien intervention? We are an imaginative race, we look to answer the questions of life and will "fill in the blanks" with our own imaginings when we can't figure it out. It's simple problem solving.

We need rain. How do we get rain? Well, since the rain comes from the sky it must be controlled by a God. Then we should ask the God of Rain to send it to us. What's his name? Uhhhh, it's Rainy the Rain God. Hey, look, it's raining! All hail Rainy the Rain God!

Humans have been trying to explain that which they do not understand since we first climbed down from trees and we are still doing it. Instead of Gods, we are now using Aliens.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
reply to post by R0CR13

Could you please tell me how the Dogan Indians had their knbowledge of astronomy ? From what I have been informed scientist can not to this day explain where the knew about Sirius B. From their own explanation, the sky people told them.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mc4denmark

From what I've seen, the Dogon's have an oral tradition with nothing written down. These oral traditions are passed from generation to generation and, sometimes the facts change. A westerner comes in and tries to explain it from their viewpoint and this skews the Dogon oral tradition. Another westerner comes in and hears that they worship a star that can't be seen so, of course, Giorgio automatically assumes...Aliens.

Again, we think astonomy is this thing that, until recently, no one new about. Ancient man had a better view of the heavens than we do. Even in the desert we don't see the heavens as they did. Shows like AA are only providing "facts" to skew the opinion to what they believe.

Also, I believe the Dogon are not indians but an African Tribe...
edit on 24-12-2012 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Feltrick

Look you have to really be into researching these things constantly as new information comes available .
Once Troy was a legend a myth but now you can visit the ruins ..
These Global "Myths" are real they are sometimes detailed and often not but they represent a significant body of knowledge that connects us with an age before the catastrophic destructions that occurred over the last 15 thousand years ..

The point that the Ancient Aliens show attempts to make over and over is that there was a prior higher technology at work in the world in the past ... that is undeniable from the observed evidence .
The conclusion that it was Aliens is not unfounded if you read the the ancient texts ...

But I cant argue that point with someone who obviously has not read them ...or denies what they have read .
The perspective that people try to preserve knowledge and pass it along in the form of myth for the benefit of those that follow ...... to me makes more sense that some ignorant ape squatting in the dirt making up stories to explain thing they dont understand .
Which seems to be what most people are doing today .

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Feltrick

With respect to the Dogon tradition the story of the dark star was documented ... BEFORE it was discovered by our holy science .

Check you facts .

The only thing you are proving here is that those who deny the AA hypothesis are probably in denial for other reasons .

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ok so I had never heard of these modern Russian Pyramids....after watching the end, I was left with this lingering thought of maybe this is why may Native American cultures used the Teepee. Very interesting. S&F

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

I will agree that a lot of human history has not been uncovered and, unfortunately, some has been destroyed. That said, I can't just lump everything on the shoulders of Aliens...if they have shoulders. Troy was a myth until it's discovery, but that doesn't prove advanced society, it only proves that cities can be forgotten.

I have read, listened and watched theories since I was in Junior High and was a firm believer until I took a step back and looked at all of the facts. Understand you must see yourself as intellectually superior because you believe your truth of history and those that believe in the works of men are obviously not well read. So, with that said, I see no point in continuing in this discussion.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Checking facts, Sirius B was theorized around 1844. Checking facts, the Dogon theory wasn't "discovered" until the 1930s. During that time, the Dogon most likely had contact with westerners. Checking the facts, the Dogon worshipped the bright star Sirius.

So, to simple minded individual such as myself, a westerner could have told them about the theory of Sirius B and they began to include that into their oral traditions. To them, this change has always been and when a westerner in the 30's asked them about it, they simply stated that it has been handed down from generation to generation.

Oral traditions are not accurate, they tend to add and subtract with each telling. Though I do like the story, I believe it's just that, a story.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The season premier was a little better than some of the more recent shows in seasons 3 & 4. Not saying its aliens......

naw, j/k...

But his show seemed like just a shortened version of The Revelations of the Pyramids doc...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

I think you are the one who is spreading disinformation here is what I found when I bothered to look .

The people of the World have said that once there was ..

A mythical sky ladder, tree, rope, mountain, .. that connected heaven and the earth.

The ladder ...enables gods and humans to travel between Heaven and Earth.

That is the Story .

Groups that have this common "Myth" from around the world just a few

The Han, Buyi, Miao, Yao, Qiang, Naxi, Dulong, Kazak, Tlingit ,Kwakiutl ,
Chorote, Melanesians, Mataco, Chorote, Nivalke, Tupi, Toba, Makka, Guarani, Carib,Chamacoco, Ringa-Ringaroo...Fiji Islanders ..egyptians ..sumerians .. Siberian shamans ... Norse and Celtic ...North and South American Indians ... even the Inuit ........... WTF ...!

OK it is easier to just say that Every Where on Earth has a similar legend .

Isn't the story of Jacob’s ladder the same "myth"

The son of Isaac dreamt he saw a ladder extending to heaven.

“And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.”

OK ...

The descriptions vary from ladder to rope to tree to mountain .

Sumerian texts the Duranki connected between heaven and earth

The Egyptians recall the destruction of the link ... “when the sky was separated from the earth,
when the gods ascended to heaven.”

In the Rig Veda ...The separation of heaven and earth is said to have occurred shortly after Indra’s birth
amidst cataclysmic circumstances .

The Maya and Olmec ....“The classic texts at Palenque tell us that the central axis of the cosmos was called
the ‘raised-up sky’ because the First Father had raised it at the beginning of creation in
order to separate the sky from the earth.”

I think anyone who reviews the evidence will find that this consistent story has a common truth embedded in it .

The fact that this is still being debated seems rather ridiculous to me .. ????

The ancients throughout the world are saying men and gods came and went by means of this creation ...

So how is it you all you doubters seem to be missing this fact .

the reason you find it ridiculous is because you have obviously made your mind up without looking at other possible explanations.
like.. human nature stemming from how we evolved.
one of the biggest advantages our ancestors had together with our large brains was pattern recognition. we could learn to read signs of predators and prey, increasing our survival
this also led to us being able to form ideas about our world and how it works, including birth,death, creation, etc.

given that we are all human beings we would logically think along the same lines, using attributes of the world around us to form these beliefs about different topics. if you note, the chinese didn't believe in a stairway to heaven, or a pillar or a tree, they believed in a mountain, just like the japanese or the koreans i believe, why is this?
because, again they draw on common grounds related to pattern seeking, they take what is around them and form ideas from it.

it was also common to anthropomorphize everything, we do it because that is pattern seeking, we can't conceptualize things in a way that doesn't draw from human contextualization, we have to do it because otherwise we neither will fully understand something or care about it.
humanity has always done it.

let me explain it better, imagine you are a man from 15000 years ago. you have no understanding of science as we know it today, but you understand that people build shelters and tools, you look around and draw patterns of nature being understandable, you can look at footprints of elks and follow them, find the elk and shoot it, you can use wood to keep the rain from your head, pick fruit you picked before and eat it safely.
you also can ask a friend to hold on to your bow for safe keeping and he is trustworthy, or know people are not going to kill you since you have learned the difference between friend and foe and that learning bears out as the truth.
now logically, using the same knowledge you have gleened from the world around you, you develop other connections, like "people build things, so the mountains must have been built too! only by something huge! this means the deer i hunt must be made too and this thing wants to help me since i always get the deer! it must be a god!"
of course this took thousands of years, from development of the soul to modern beliefs about god, but we still use the same ideas our ancestors did.

all of it is purely the common factor of being human and wanting to make sense of the world, and if we can do it while entertaining folks by the campfire after a hunt, all the better.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Finally got to watch, Thanks for posting.

It was a interesting episode, while half of it is
hype and bunk, there is a lot of great history
there (stuff you normally dont get to see)
and interesting ideas.

The researcher that made the model pyramid
at the end was interesting, going to do some more
research on him.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by demongoat

So because of evolution and the fact we have a brain .. that negates all the ancient texts ...

All the experiencers of thousands of years are out the window ..

I don't think so ...

I happen to take this subject seriously .

I suggest that if you do too that you Read the Texts they will enlighten you .

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So highly advance aliens visited us in the past and the best they could do was teach us how to pile rocks on top of each other.

And hasn't Ancient Aliens exhausted every possible related subject by now? Their going to have to start doing shows like "Raj found some funny looking stones behind his convenience store."

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
Ancient Astronaut or Alien Theory is plausible, at least vs. modern religion, as an explanation for our mysterious past.

One thing is for sure, our accepted history is not entirely correct. Clearly, advanced civilizations existed 10-20,000 years ago, when we were supposed to be primitive, and live in caves. It does appear that we have had some help.

Space travelers make more sense than Gods to me, as far as explaining this contact, and knowledge source.

This is really the best attitude I've seen and really wish more people were this lax in their 'observations' to its subscribers.

Clearly, I am a supporter of the theory. And, I *too* enjoy the show. That doesn't mean I buy in to all the bull# they are pushing. But, they are good about bringing up interesting/real archaeological sites (that I can study more about on my own), and at least make you think.

No reason to throw the baby out with the bath water. Some of it IS silly, and completely taken out of context. But, there are some pretty good ideas hidden in plain site, right there.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jasonlreeve

For those of you that said they aren't able to watch the series because of the channel it is one etc, Free TV Ancient Aliens series has all the episodes and soon to be the new season...

edit on 24-12-2012 by ssophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I never understood why people are so thick headedly passionate one way or the other on this topic...

I agree with the op that the apparent evidence is overwhelming with regards to ancient alien visitation, however it is also obvious that there is really no single shread of tangable evidence to hold as a beacon of proof. Could ancient people(s) simply reguard the night sky with reverance and worship/honor 'sky gods' without alien visitation? Of course, but that does not mean ancient alien visitation did NOT happen.

I am so sick of the attitude that 'if it can be explained without the 'ancient alien' spin then it must not be true. ANYTHING with a bit of wordsmithing and creative spin can be explained without the need for ancient aliens (or ghosts, or God, UFO's, or...) but this does not automaticly negate the possibility.

As for the new season, I really enjoy it/them! Clearly they have a agenda but I find it very entertaining! And I find myself frolicing with the notion 'what if...?. I really hope someday they get the definitive proof they need to prove this theory but until then it has to remain in the box of evidence collecting dust as 'non proof' because something this 'big' with major implications towards human history (not to mention aliens) requires more than evidence...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join