It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"San Francisco And Oakland Crowds Hand Over Guns In Buyback"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Originally posted by KristinLynnxo
Oakland & San Francisco giving up their guns has ALOT to do with a specific crime that is still under investigation that happened over a week ago to 2 people who were pretty well known in the area. This happened because some people who were in a credit card fraud ring thought this girls boyfriend was a 'snitch' and this is what happens to 'snitches' ... I think this is the reason ALOT of people were doing this specifically in the bay area and oakland

Before they were beaten, bound, gagged and left to die on a Visitacion Valley street Sunday night, a 26-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman had been viciously attacked and shot inside a San Bruno Avenue home, according to a police report released Wednesday..

Full Story Here

???? Uh……. How in the heck would an event like that make me want to sell my guns, legal guns or not!!!!!!!! Just the opposite! After hearing about an event like that, I don’t care if the gun is only worth 20 dollars! As long as it will shoot, I am going to keep it, and the ammo, within arms reach at all times! Selling my gun for 200 dollars would be the farthest from my mind. I don’t care about the profit, I want the gun!

edit on 23-12-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

I'm not saying that this event alone is what made people want to give up their guns. I agree being armed is a good thing
I know people in the bay area and what they tell me is that because of that specific incident ALOT of people were compelled to give/sell their guns. This is according to alot of people who actually live there, that's all i'm saying.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KristinLynnxo

would you go to haight ashburry at night without a gun?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Believe the right wing rubbish all you like, it doesn't change scientific fact.

Just goes to show quite of few don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Here we have that comment saying goverment doesn't have the right to take something from us, and they clear said "right wing rubbish".

That is not right wing rubbish that is what they use to call liberalism meaning the freedom from government.

Yep ponder that we all know how responsible that same government is when it comes to guns.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
reply to post by Logarock

people who buy into the" get rid of guns" crap they hear from the media and d-bag celes they interview. it's about "doing a good deed" because all those poor kids died

To myself and others this sort of reaction is strange.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Underworlds
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

This is scary. First, who in the right mind would surrender their firearms to the government for a lousy $200. Second, with America at the brink of financial disaster, how could anyone trust the government (local or otherwise) to honor an I.O.U.?

If the government wants my guns, they can have them, but they're gonna have to fork over more than $200 a piece for them... It'll have to be enough for me to buy bigger and better guns... and cash is king. No I.O.U.s accepted.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Underworlds because: typo

Looks like a pile of old shotguns mostly. Lots of single shots in there worth about 80$ a pop if that. Cant see any assault weapons. And whos going to turn in one of those worth about 800 to 2500$ of 200$.

Looks like possibly on the back table, directly in front of the guys in the background, a handful of AKs and variants, and maybe a few large caliber guns. But, yeah, for the most part a bunch of most likely inoperable JUNK...

As you may know many of the SKs that found there way into the US in the 80s and 90s were junk surplus. Many had bent barrels.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

well it's not hard to replace

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

would you go to haight ashburry at night without a gun?

You are questioning my own perspective in this which has nothing to do with what I posted. To answer your question, yes I would and I do have a gun that I know how to use very well. As I said before, I believe that we should be armed! If you would read back in the thread you would see that, and you would see that I am simply stating that people I actually KNOW who LIVE there have SAID first person account that the reason for alot of this has to do with the crime I cited, as well as some ongoing/underlying problems of people 'snitching', territories' and how "some" people react to that.

Wow, I post an actual statement coming from people of that specific area and all I keep getting is gun questions... please read the thread before judging me!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Originally posted by Underworlds

This is scary. First, who in the right mind would surrender their firearms to the government for a lousy $200. Second, with America at the brink of financial disaster, how could anyone trust the government (local or otherwise) to honor an I.O.U.?

If the government wants my guns, they can have them, but they're gonna have to fork over more than $200 a piece for them... It'll have to be enough for me to buy bigger and better guns... and cash is king. No I.O.U.s accepted.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Underworlds because: typo

Looks like a pile of old shotguns mostly. Lots of single shots in there worth about 80$ a pop if that. Cant see any assault weapons. And whos going to turn in one of those worth about 800 to 2500$ of 200$.

Looks like possibly on the back table, directly in front of the guys in the background, a handful of AKs and variants, and maybe a few large caliber guns. But, yeah, for the most part a bunch of most likely inoperable JUNK...

As you may know many of the SKs that found there way into the US in the 80s and 90s were junk surplus. Many had bent barrels.

Yes...I recall the Norinco's were considered junk. The Russian's were the most desirable. And then a few years back, it seemed to flip flop. And the prices started getting ridiculous....Who would've thought that the guns that I paid $80 a piece for a few decades ago, would quadruple in value? I wish I would have bought a crate full of them...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I believe this is an example of the direct result of the masses collective fear, rather than the indirect result of some shadow organization's grandiose scheme.

The media gives people what they want to hear (stories of violence get better ratings, etc.). The masses are afraid, and are reacting accordingly. It is a feedback loop the masses only have themselves to blame for.
edit on 24-12-2012 by inivux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

sorry my bad it's this flu i have on top of food poisoning (fuchin sucks)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
dude i so would have brought up a barrett 50 cal and said "naw i just now changed my mind seeya i just made 200 bucks fixing a transmission... cash"

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Will be cuious to see what happens to the death rate via violent crimes in that area in the coming 6 months, that's for sure.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

and gun owners are supposed to be potential terrorists. hypocracy is as thick as it is wide

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle

"San Francisco And Oakland Crowds Hand Over Guns In Buyback"

www.breitbart.com

In San Francisco and Oakland on Saturday, citizens brought their guns to sell to the police in return for cash. Every volunteer who returned a gun was $200 richer walking away. The line was so long in San Francisco that there was no cash left after lunchtime and I.O.U.s were substituted instead.

Oakland’s police chief, Howard Jordan, said, "When we remove guns off our streets that could be used in a crime, we reduce the possibility of our youth and community being a victim.”

There’s only one problem with this scenario: in all likelihood, it’s the law-abiding citizens returning g
(visit the link for the full news article)
CBS
Mercury

edit on 23-12-2012 by Spike Spiegle because: image

edit on 23-12-2012 by Spike Spiegle because: added links

How many people went and bought a $100 gun and turned it in I wonder, I would.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
We have these all the time where i live, no big deal, it's a big city.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
These people just handed over the only chance that they had. Stupid, really. You know, they say run for the hills, but I don't want all the lazy, dead weight cowards to run to my hills. I'm not feeding or protecting them.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join