It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"San Francisco And Oakland Crowds Hand Over Guns In Buyback"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Underworlds
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

This is scary. First, who in the right mind would surrender their firearms to the government for a lousy $200. Second, with America at the brink of financial disaster, how could anyone trust the government (local or otherwise) to honor an I.O.U.?

If the government wants my guns, they can have them, but they're gonna have to fork over more than $200 a piece for them... It'll have to be enough for me to buy bigger and better guns... and cash is king. No I.O.U.s accepted.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Underworlds because: typo

Looks like a pile of old shotguns mostly. Lots of single shots in there worth about 80$ a pop if that. Cant see any assault weapons. And whos going to turn in one of those worth about 800 to 2500$ of 200$.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

people who buy into the" get rid of guns" crap they hear from the media and d-bag celes they interview. it's about "doing a good deed" because all those poor kids died

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The OP's main picture is fake.
The links below it show a few old and junk handguns for the most part.

600 guns (of all sizes) were handed in yet in that main picture it's been photoshopped into several thousand.

States like California in the urban areas are no big deal it's almost expected they'd pull a move like that.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
So? Your article is from an extreme right wing propaganda site. No one is forcing anyone to turn in their guns.

I really don't see anything wrong with this.

Do you ever say anything thats not snide or comes across as accosting someone?

And so what if you believe its just a right-wing site...........

It doesnt make the story un true..........

More bullcrap spewing from your mouth to try and marginalize...........I shouldnt even respond, most people ignore you now days because of your antagonistic and vitriolic tone..........but I did...........and the point stands......

Regardless of what you think about the site presenting the info..........its still true..........so your accusation is a moot point

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Originally posted by cdesigns
Damn I have 2 cheap .22lr guns that I paid less than $50 each, I could have walked away with $400 to buy me a ne AR-15 damn it.

Please do tell where you are going to get an AR15 for $400
Enquiring minds want to know.

You could get a lower, for that, but that is about as far as you will go for an AR15

MP-15 here locally are around $599-$649 so $400 is a darn good down payment
The MP-15/22 .22LR are only $389 of course I want the real deal not another .22LR
edit on 24-12-2012 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Damn I have 2 cheap .22lr guns that I paid less than $50 each, I could have walked away with $400 to buy me a ne AR-15 damn it.

Please do tell where you are going to get an AR15 for $400
Enquiring minds want to know.

You could get a lower, for that, but that is about as far as you will go for an AR15

MP-15 here locally are around $599-$649 so $400 is a darn good down payment
The MP-15/22 .22LR are only $389 of course I want the real deal not another .22LR
edit on 24-12-2012 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

still just a .22 rifle in a dif configuration.............unless you get a bump fire stock and the slide
edit on 24-12-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Underworlds

This is scary. First, who in the right mind would surrender their firearms to the government for a lousy $200. Second, with America at the brink of financial disaster, how could anyone trust the government (local or otherwise) to honor an I.O.U.?

If the government wants my guns, they can have them, but they're gonna have to fork over more than $200 a piece for them... It'll have to be enough for me to buy bigger and better guns... and cash is king. No I.O.U.s accepted.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Underworlds because: typo

Looks like a pile of old shotguns mostly. Lots of single shots in there worth about 80$ a pop if that. Cant see any assault weapons. And whos going to turn in one of those worth about 800 to 2500$ of 200$.

Looks like possibly on the back table, directly in front of the guys in the background, a handful of AKs and variants, and maybe a few large caliber guns. But, yeah, for the most part a bunch of most likely inoperable JUNK...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have been just lurking through all the gun crap lately; trying to stay neutral, but the facts are, these guns are worth a lot more $$ than being offered I am willing to bet. Anyone who takes an IOU from California is just naive.

I will end it here, otherwise I will get sucked into the vortex of choosing sides......

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So, this couldn't have been staged to make people really do this?

Maybe some did do this, but I doubt so many Americans were so dumb to do this.

Also many criminals use times like these to get rid of the weapons they used in crimes, not to mention that they get $$ for turning in a weapon they used in a crime and the police will ask no questions...

Yeah, great job...

No wonder there is so much crime in those places when the police do stupid things like this... Giving criminals a green card, and a chance to get rid of weapons they used to commit crimes, and even possibly murder someone...

edit on 24-12-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
$200 bucks for guns eh after spending triple that and over a thousand.

People wonder why California is broke eh

Criminals don't turn in their guns.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

The OP's main picture is fake.

My picture is from the article, watch your tongue, lest you step on it.

SS
edit on 24-12-2012 by Spike Spiegle because: added quote

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by detachedindividual

i forgive your lack of empathy and shallow logic. what was your first experience with a gun?
edit on 24-12-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

I live in a relatively sane country where guns are not widespread, where we don't all have delusions about the bogeyman, and where gun ownership is not an issue.

That does not mean I cannot debate on the issue. I'm sure plenty of Americans think that everyone else should shut up about it because it's not our country, but tough ****, I'll talk about anything I like, thanks.

I have evidence to go on, data, reports and statistics to read that show me exactly how Americans fall for their own propaganda.

While the NRA, Republicans and right wing BS merchants on your TV are screaming about the "rise in gun crime in Australia" sane and intelligent people actually look up the facts for themselves and can see that it's all BS!

Believe the right wing rubbish all you like, it doesn't change scientific fact.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

you should compare the alaska gun laws to california gun laws. not all of us agree on the same thing but i can tell you as a gun owner that with open carry where i live lets people carry guns on their person in plain sight. its not only people but mountain lions, bears, BIG wolves that i would rather have semi auto fire just in case a pack of them stalks me. nothing personal, i like my vital stats though. also too many holes in the story with ct gun free zone shooting, columbine. i've seen trucks in mall parking lots where i live with hunting rifles between two assault rifles. there hasn't been a school or mall shooting or shooting anywhere because parking lots in my town aren't specifically gun free. we have a really good hunters ed program, really nice gun retailers, and the occaisional sasquatch

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublevel6
I think most gun owners are praying for the day that they finally get to use their piece. Its sick. Get an air rifle or something if you like target practice so much.

I can't shoot a target at 500 meters with an air rifle..... I carry a gun not because I want to use it, but just in case that one time in my life I might need it. Are you suggesting that you will go your whole life with basically a zero chance that it might end in a bad way or you get life changing injuries by the criminal actions of another person, so you don't need any protection ever?

I can't make that claim and I really see it as a failure in my life if that happened to me or a family member as all I could do is crouch in a corner somewhere.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I have evidence to go on, data, reports and statistics to read that show me exactly how Americans fall for their own propaganda.

While the NRA, Republicans and right wing BS merchants on your TV are screaming about the "rise in gun crime in Australia" sane and intelligent people actually look up the facts for themselves and can see that it's all BS!

Boy you really put a lot of effort in to something that doesn't concern you in the least...

BTW all those reports and statistics go out the window when a group of drunken guys beat you down and then continue to kick you to near death...or some guy comes at you to do you and/or you family bodily harm for maybe a wallet. or you find 2 or 3 guys come into your house and they decide they don't need any pesky witnesses. I'm sure the 6 million violent crimes committed every year in America would never affect anyone personally....

On the other hand I tend to disagree and would like to personally protect myself and my family. Call me silly I guess....

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
More guns to put in the hands of the Mexican drug cartels.

2nd

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Stupid liberals "Including assault rifles and ak47's"
I guess to them "assault rifles"must be in an AR pattern. When you have no knowledge about guns you shouldnt be trying to control guns.

........or as it turns out, own them either.

I think this was a great compromised. So those of you who are hellbent on arming yourselves, go ahead! Stock up on them for all we care but stop controlling how other people ought to feel and react.

Half this nation can't walk, think and chew gum at the same time anyway so this might be great way of weeding out the inept imbeciles who shouldn't own guns in the first place.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

well you can wish in one hand and crap in the other. hows the coke business down there anyway?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I live in a relatively sane country where guns are not widespread, where we don't all have delusions about the bogeyman, and where gun ownership is not an issue.

That does not mean I cannot debate on the issue. I'm sure plenty of Americans think that everyone else should shut up about it because it's not our country, but tough ****, I'll talk about anything I like, thanks.

You're okay in my book

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by Human_Alien

well you can wish in one hand and crap in the other. hows the coke business down there anyway?

Coke? As in coc aine?
If so, ask the Bushes. Jeb in particularly

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join