It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"San Francisco And Oakland Crowds Hand Over Guns In Buyback"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

So law abiding citizens bring in their guns...

murderers, rapist, bank robbers,terrorists and hate crimers sit and watch how their prey disarms itself.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Maybe the pro-constitution collective can organize and fund a government gun buyback program. Say we offer Uncle Sam $200 for each gun he gives us. This may reduce government gun-related violence!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
damn, every single one got ripped off and made $200 to make their homes unsafe.

The only thing that the removal of guns does it create more work for the police that I KNOW you ATSers do not trust!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
so 200 wont buy you a new gun ?

maybe people just thought ... let me get rid of this old broken piece of crap and get myself a real/working gun instead ?
i can't imagine everybody just gave their guns just because they want 200 $ lol

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

The problem is, anything can happen with a break in. Someone in my family knew someone back in the 70s who was known as a 'nice guy' who ended up committing a robbery but the owner of the home walked in and he freaked out and murdered the owner. He was later caught and went to prison.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This explains why people shouldn't have guns. It's about as credible as any other news story out there w/photographic evidence!

actionamerica.org...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDinkinDunken

anti gun people this is you

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
About time. Similar thing happened in UK after Dunblaine

More guns equal more death...Its simple maths

Even if you own a gun and end up having a gun fight in your house with an intruder you are more likely to have multiple deaths on your hands than if you just let them take your insured stuff, not to mention bullet holes everywhere.

I think most gun owners are praying for the day that they finally get to use their piece. Its sick. Get an air rifle or something if you like target practice so much.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublevel6

ever see the movie 13 assassins? naritsugu? i think barry soetero shares the mindset also look up wounded knee creek, trail of tears and maos bloody revolution obama forward, maos great leap forward, the smell of mass cremation is something
edit on 24-12-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

4,000 to 6,000 civilians killed, but no one really knows – Edward Timperlake.[122]
Over 3,700 killed, excluding disappearance or secret deaths and those denied medical treatment – PLA defector citing a document circulating among officers.[122]
2,600 had officially died by the morning of 4 June (later denied) – Time Magazine.[117] An unnamed Chinese Red Cross official estimated that, in total, 5,000 people were killed and 30,000[clarification needed] injured.[123]
Closer to 1,000 deaths, according to Amnesty International and some of the protest participants, as reported in a Time article.[117] Other statements by Amnesty have characterized the number of deaths as hundreds.[124]
300 to 1,000 according to a Western diplomat that compiled estimates.[114]
400 to 800 plausible according to the New York Times' Nicholas D. Kristof. He developed this estimate using information from hospital staff and doctors, and from "a medical official with links to most hospitals".[114]
180–500 casualties, according to a declassified NSA document which referred to early casualty estimates.[125]
241 dead, including soldiers, and 7,000 wounded, according to the PBS Foundation.[113]
186 named individuals confirmed dead at the end of June 2006 – Professor Ding Zilin of the Tiananmen Mothers. The Tiananmen Mothers' list includes some people whose deaths were not directly at the hands of the army, such as a person who committed suicide after the incident on 4 June.[126] that will never happen here. i'm keeping a hold of ,my guns

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublevel6

Is it really that great to be living in the dark ages, where only the bluebloods are allowed to protect themselves, their family and their property? I sure don't want to find out personally

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Everyone was returning guns that you wouldn't get $25 for at the pawn shop. Smart move by citizens who have more than one firearm.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by vpjanitorial

typical

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Whoever had the scope on backwards should have paid $200 for them to take his gun! I don't want him to have one and I'm pro gun ownership!
The majority of the "weapons" were revolvers, lever actions and bolt actions. Not exactly what the buyback hoped to achieve I'd wager.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

kind of strategic

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Like the gun crime stats for Australia DECLINED? Yeah, the NRA and right wing blogs like to tell you otherwise, but the Aus crime statistics PROVE that gun crime in Aus has declined since the ban.

Uncomfortable for the pro-gun folks, but factually correct.

Reduction in crime is great...well until the crime is committed towards YOU and YOU have no means to resist... and so you are robbed and murdered, but that is ok since the overall score is lower for the collective....

Thank you, you've just proven than the fear of crime is greater than the reality, and therefore the belief that you need guns to defend yourself against a perception is pointless.

So many on ATS scream about propaganda, and yet they fall for it when it comes from the NRA. You all bang on and on about how everyone else is a sheep, following the MSM and believing everything they say, and yet you're all doing exactly the same on the gun issue and the crime statistics.

The evidence is there, gun control works. It's worked in countries all over the world. But because you have an irrational belief that the bogeyman is waiting outside your door ready to rob you the moment you put your gun away you ignore all those facts.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

i forgive your lack of empathy and shallow logic. what was your first experience with a gun?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by MajorKarma

I take it you have never been to a buy back. It works like this: bring in your weapon, get cash!

No questions asked, no id, no where did it come from,or do you own it. Most are stolen, used to commit crime, or have been used in a shooting, this is not to be asked!!! The only thing that is, is to get the weapon off the street, out of someone's hand, and then put out to sea or be burned up.

I have in fact witnessed a gun buy-back at something of a distance while with two sheriffs I used to go hunting with, prior to my decision to root for the doves at Salton Sea because their were too many hunters and too many over equipped hunters. I in fact grew up hunting and sport shooting but it has become a big hassle and a case of just asking for problems with those wanting a reason to go after gun owners. Moreover, my eldest son lives where the hunting is good and certain firearms are better in his collection now than mine.

I likes Sailing and fishing more these days, than packing in on horseback to a remote area to go deer, elk, bear etc hunting as I did for many years; I was raised in a family that hunts and had my first BB Gun at 5 and 410 Shotgun for my 6th birthday. You City-Dwellers are so far removed from reality and are the products of poisoned meat from domesticated livestock. I bet most of you have never even eaten venison or wild boar or dove or goose or anything natural from the wild. However, do not run with the idea that the 2nd Amendment is about Hunting...it is not.

Nevertheless, contrary to your naive opinion, everyone is being observed, video taped and analyzed at these gun buy-backs. There are a number of ways to clandestinely obtain further information on the people that show up, not limited to the fingerprints on the weapons; weapons which are also gone over by experts looking for weapons of interest that, amongst other things, may have been used in a crime.

You show me an event where public officials and law enforcement are gathered and I will show you an event that is being highly scrutinized by law enforcement and if not, somebody is asking to be moved to a lesser position of responsibility.

I did not mention the one case where turning in a firearm at one of these Buy-Backs might make sense; Broken/damaged/Junk firearms that are beyond or not worth repair. However, while many of the weapons turned in are Junk, there are many that are worth more and in some cases much more than $200;even an old single shot 410 is worth $3-400.

I can also see how some people would do this for the attention; to Brown-nose in effect but this too is disgusting.

And if you think for one moment firearms of consequence are not being snatched up and saved from the meltdown,you are once again naive. Some of he largest gun collectors I know are in law enforcement.

I have been encouraged to be more kind on the forum so let me ask you this question based upon an extreme example. If for example a Thompson Machine Gun showed up in this buy-back, do you think it would be melted down or become the prized possession of some collector? Yes, I know their may be rules imposed by involved/interested politicians/administrators but there is no way quality firearms are going to be allowed to be melted down...it would be a foolish sin.

Once again, I maintain the only/majority of weapons turned in are junk coming from law abiding citizens and at best, the only weapons being taken from the hands of criminals are those snatched by their mother, brother, aunt, uncle and yes, a number of old ladies who have no concept or use for firearms. These buy-backs are a farce.

I also have to wonder how many of you who approve and espouse these "Buy-Backs" actually own a firearm or have ever even fired one for any reason. I do not mention "Gone Hunting" because that implies that is the only reason for firearms and IT IS NOT.
edit on 24-12-2012 by MajorKarma because: Typos,Expanded Comment

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

It would be nice, wouldn't it?
But we all know that is never going to happen, so I will keep my guns.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

I think programs like this are good for people. @ 200$ a gun anyone that has went into a gun store and bought a gun know they are not walking out of that store unless they spend 300-400 on a gun. I don't believe that they was buying guns to sell back to the police. who would spend 300+ on a gun to turn around and sell it for 200? now if you bought your gun from some junkie. then yeah you prob paid under 200 and it would be a good deal for you to turn in that gun. this is where the program actually works

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

First I thought, why do people sell their guns for only $200... Desperate or just, well, stupid. But when I saw the picture it made a little bit sense, since I do not see any really expensive guns in the piles.
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

I thought the same thing, then when I seen the picture I
thinking I could buy those guns for less then $200 lol they seen the state coming on this deal

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join