It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"San Francisco And Oakland Crowds Hand Over Guns In Buyback"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

That sums it up, could not have said it better my self, and this does happen all over at least 4 times a year there used to a listing for when in your area type in your city then gunbuybackprogram

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Two weeks ago or so an older lady gave the police her fathers STG-44 in a buy back. The cops knowing it would be a travesty if it were destroyed offered to keep it for safe keeping while they helped her find a buyer.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Was it an Original? If it was that could fetch a pretty penny! I think that weapon was the one that was designed for a "bent" barrel, in WW2, if I'm not mistaken. Those LEO's must have been like WOAH !!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

This is idiotic on so many levels.

So yes, these guns won't be used in crimes. Want to be the crime rate doesn't drop?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
So basically this is a government subsidy program for gun thieves?
Here's $200 no questions asked (stolen or not we don't care) - for Saturday night specials.
Criminals can then afford to buy real guns. Got it.
Mr. Holder would like to speak with you.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yep. Give anyone $200 for some older gun they have lying around. They will keep the good ones nice and hidden.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Criminals already have real guns. They just wait for situations like this to mobilize and raise some money for something else.

The true gun running goes on between US Iraq Afghanistan Israel France and probably syria right now.

edit on 24-12-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
A gun is worth alot more to a criminal than $200!

Also congrats.. you just bought all the old piece of # guns... all the ones worth more than $200 will just be kept and sold to someone else

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

A drug dealer here in my town got pulled over and they found a Civil War era pistol (the dumb drug dealers probably had no idea what they had) in the trunk of there car. They also has some nice glocks as well.

Goes to show there are many more missing guns than what you think. The total they say is on the streets is much less than what there really is. These "turn in your guns and we will give you money" schemes dont mean a thing but the MSM trying to sell commercials and push an agenda.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cartesia

Can we have some of the original responders to this thread come up with a good reason now where this does any good at all??

This is nothing more than a MSM propoganda story meant to make everyone feel good that the good citizens of SF and OAK are willing to turn in there guns for some cash. Other than that it does nothing.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Hello good sir / mam.

The point of this thread has been explained, the point is to share with members the news of a particular set of events that took place in San F. and Oakland recently.

What you make of this news is entirely up to you.

I am the original " responder " , hope that helps clear up any confusions.

Thanks.

SS

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Understood. The intent of ATS is have some discourse in threads. That discourse can have a positive opinion or a negative opinion. Dont worry about my name, it doesnt really matter. But in all reality, giving someone $200 for some unwanted gun doesnt, will not, and will at the end of the day give criminals more money. Especially in SF and OAK.

You started the thread with a non understanding (being Canadian) regarding SF and OAK in the first place. Than you made it seem in your response to your MSM article that it would seem weird for Americans to line up for free money.

IT IS FREE MONEY!!! OAK is one of the most impoverished Large Cities in our Nation. I understand you as a Canadian would not really understand this but a line for FREE ANYTHING in OAK will give you a line 2 miles long.

No disrespect, but read my posts and you will be educated about OAKland in the US of A. Now, if Bo Jackson wouldnt have gotten hurt we might have a different product.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

The intent of ATS is have some discourse in threads.

Indeed.

That discourse can have a positive opinion or a negative opinion.

Agreed.

Dont worry about my name, it doesnt really matter.

I had not looked at it, until this reply.

But in all reality, giving someone $200 for some unwanted gun doesnt, will not, and will at the end of the day give criminals more money. Especially in SF and OAK.

Perhaps.

No disrespect, but read my posts and you will be educated about OAKland in the US of A. Now, if Bo Jackson wouldnt have gotten hurt we might have a different product.

None taken, perhaps I will go take a look at your posts, so that I may " educate " myself, further...

Thank you.

SS

edit on 24-12-2012 by Spike Spiegle because: edit

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

"Sir/Mam" seems like ur Looking. But what, as a Canadian, and you creating this thread is your opinion. If your original opinion "I am surprised Americans would do such a thing" doesnt fit in after my response... what now.

Im telling you that this is "fake". Pointing out an article as "I cant believe Americans would do such a thing" when you have no idea of what your talking about brings about my response in this way.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

We are going way off topic here, but sir / mam is how I respond to someone when I don't know if they are a Man or a Woman, I thought that would have been obvious.

On topic: you are allowed to believe what ever you wish, I also thought that was made clear.

Good day.

SS
edit on 24-12-2012 by Spike Spiegle because: off*

edit on 24-12-2012 by Spike Spiegle because: thought*

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Sorry, should of seen that in the tone of your post. Sometimes posts dont show your true intent. Sorry. I should of known when you mentioned you were Canadian.

Edit: for real, no disrespect.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

That sums it up, could not have said it better my self, and this does happen all over at least 4 times a year there used to a listing for when in your area type in your city then gunbuybackprogram

Thanks.

In my area, it's all gun shows. Not a big place at all, and not a lot of crime in most of the small towns, either. Around here, people carry guns, and they care about defending their families and lands. So, less crime.

There are reasons TPTB want to make non-city people look bad.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

And a reason to make City People look bad too. There is a difference but still.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

And a reason to make City People look bad too. There is a difference but still.

Of course. Most of it is to pit this side against that side, so that they can start all sorts of civil unrest, and have an excuse to step in with martial law. I have seen SO many comments from people putting down anyone from the South, it goes beyond ridiculous. I am talking about comments to the effect of, "If you are Southern, you must be stupid, inbred, etc....". Sickening bigotry, taught as political correctness these days, is a definite tool of those in power.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

do you guys realize what point in history we are living????!!!!

these people who want their money just signed over their info i'm sure. these will be the first home visited once they shred the 2nd

ETA: just saw "anonymous buy back" lol
edit on 24-12-2012 by Hardstepah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join