It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I've Never Spoken Of Before.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I say I'm not a believer in ghosts, but the one or two stories I'v read like this one, tend to make me reconsider my stance on the matter.

Creepy :/

edit on 23-12-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Some times I feel paranormal as well so I can understand where you are coming from with this. Seeing scary voices in the dark is enough to send many a man running, Have you heard any other visions since this will happen in different places?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Nevertheless
It's:

1. In your head.
2. A lie.
3. A prank.

4. None of the above.

OP very creepy

5: Echoes from spirits still stuck in that tower

Op very creepy indeed
especially during your time shift at night

hard to stay focus when you have weird sounds and voices around you
and you are all alone by yourself

now Irak must be one of the most haunted place in the world
so many violent killing happened there in the last 2 decades
wonder why there is so many soldiers returning with PTSD
such paranormal encounters can do that to not only wars

thanks for sharing with us SNF
edit on 12/23/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Yes the point about young,frightened soldiers makes sense but you could also say that because of that very real possibility of danger and their,understandably,heightened awareness and senses perhaps they are able to pick up on something that's there.

Yes once a few have talked of their experiences then maybe ones that go on guard subsequently may be open to self suggestion but.

I tend to be a sceptic,when things go bump in the night I suspect it's due to a very mundane and straightforward reason.I loved ghost stories as a kid and always wanted to see one but by the age of 20 say I was totally sure in my own mind that they don't exist and paranormal just meant an excuse for people to let their imaginations runaway with them.

And I happily continued along with that outlook for 10 years or so until I began to work in a place that did exhibits quite dramatic episodes of paranormal occurances and even then I wouldnt buy into it but tried to find my rational explanations even when there weren't any I could find no matter how hard i looked.

I didnt want to admit there was things going on I just could not explain or rationalise because I didnt want to challenge my 'safe',materialist outlook.If i can't explain it,don't understand what's behind it,what it is then how do I know if it's dangerous or harmless.

But when enough happens,when you see things that others can verify you have no choice but to accept there's something there that is outwith your experience to understand.

When you've been in that situation and confronted with it you know.Not what the nature of it is or anything like that but you know it's not some delusion,self suggestion or misinterperating natural phenomena and making a ghost story out of it.You know,particularly if you're an unbeliever before hand becaure you're debunking yourself as things happen.

If the OP says he encountered/felt something paranormal out there and he's sure of it then I for one would tend to believe him.

As for are they the spirits of dead Iraqi soldiers,I've no idea.All I've encountered is whats known these days as a shadow person (yes I do know how i sound saying these things,I feel foolish talking about it,tbh).There was a suicide where i worked and the other two that had 'met' it believed it was that guys ghost but I didnt though that's simply a gut feeling I had.

Anyway,well done for sharing your experience.I get why you don't want to talk about it.I can't blame anyones scathing remarks either because I used to say that sort of things too.

Even if you kind of allow the possibility of the paranormal how do you tell who's being upfront and who's spinning you a line.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72
Yes the point about young,frightened soldiers makes sense but you could also say that because of that very real possibility of danger and their,understandably,heightened awareness and senses perhaps they are able to pick up on something that's there.

Yes once a few have talked of their experiences then maybe ones that go on guard subsequently may be open to self suggestion but.

I tend to be a sceptic,when things go bump in the night I suspect it's due to a very mundane and straightforward reason.I loved ghost stories as a kid and always wanted to see one but by the age of 20 say I was totally sure in my own mind that they don't exist and paranormal just meant an excuse for people to let their imaginations runaway with them.

And I happily continued along with that outlook for 10 years or so until I began to work in a place that did exhibits quite dramatic episodes of paranormal occurances and even then I wouldnt buy into it but tried to find my rational explanations even when there weren't any I could find no matter how hard i looked.

I didnt want to admit there was things going on I just could not explain or rationalise because I didnt want to challenge my 'safe',materialist outlook.If i can't explain it,don't understand what's behind it,what it is then how do I know if it's dangerous or harmless.

But when enough happens,when you see things that others can verify you have no choice but to accept there's something there that is outwith your experience to understand.

When you've been in that situation and confronted with it you know.Not what the nature of it is or anything like that but you know it's not some delusion,self suggestion or misinterperating natural phenomena and making a ghost story out of it.You know,particularly if you're an unbeliever before hand becaure you're debunking yourself as things happen.

If the OP says he encountered/felt something paranormal out there and he's sure of it then I for one would tend to believe him.

As for are they the spirits of dead Iraqi soldiers,I've no idea.All I've encountered is whats known these days as a shadow person (yes I do know how i sound saying these things,I feel foolish talking about it,tbh).There was a suicide where i worked and the other two that had 'met' it believed it was that guys ghost but I didnt though that's simply a gut feeling I had.

Anyway,well done for sharing your experience.I get why you don't want to talk about it.I can't blame anyones scathing remarks either because I used to say that sort of things too.

Even if you kind of allow the possibility of the paranormal how do you tell who's being upfront and who's spinning you a line.

As I said I dont completely discount the paranormal. One thing someone once said that has always stuck with me was surely if ghosts were in fact the spirits of the dead they would all be naked when they appeared.
edit on 23-12-2012 by hotel1 because: s

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
You would here footsteps coming up the ladderwell and when you would look and shine a light nobody would be there. You would also hear whispering voices in Arabic coming from the back room of the tower. It was so strange that it changed my thinking on the paranormal....We know Iraqi Men dies in the tower so I wonder was it their spirits we were exdperiencing or something more?
edit on 23/12/12 by usmc0311 because: posted too early

Do you think some sort of Iraqi resistance group was in a hideyhole *under* the tower & the acoustics of the tower were making you hear the sounds as though they were *right* there behind you? Just a thought.

Not denigrating your post, because I am a firm 'believer' in the paranormal to the extent that it has never been truly DISPROVEN. And I have felt / sensed / heard / seen stuff that is not of our living breathing world. So

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

It's:

1. In your head.
2. A lie.
3. A prank.

Prove it!

Science works the other way.

Basing on what he was saying other people experienced it. now science would dictate that you might want to investigate and see if these sounds are from an intelligent or coherent source. Do as Ghost hunters do,, get a camera or recorder and ask the being or whatever it is, to make sounds, sometimes you'll find it works.
at 8:59 i got an EVP saying "no" to a question i ask.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainychica

Originally posted by usmc0311
You would here footsteps coming up the ladderwell and when you would look and shine a light nobody would be there. You would also hear whispering voices in Arabic coming from the back room of the tower. It was so strange that it changed my thinking on the paranormal....We know Iraqi Men dies in the tower so I wonder was it their spirits we were exdperiencing or something more?
edit on 23/12/12 by usmc0311 because: posted too early

Do you think some sort of Iraqi resistance group was in a hideyhole *under* the tower & the acoustics of the tower were making you hear the sounds as though they were *right* there behind you? Just a thought.

Not denigrating your post, because I am a firm 'believer' in the paranormal to the extent that it has never been truly DISPROVEN. And I have felt / sensed / heard / seen stuff that is not of our living breathing world. So

I had not considered that one, another possibilty. I am not trying to be deliberately skeptical its just that all eventualities should be considered when studying the paranormal.

Rainychica if only you could see the glorious image that conjures up for me

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

As I said I dont completely
discount the paranormal. One thing
someone once said that has always
stuck with me was surely if ghosts
were in fact the spirits of the dead
they would all be naked when they
appeared.

Well that was what I was saying I've no reason to believe ghosts are the wandering,lost souls of the dead either.

Everybody accepts that definition because that's what our culture has believed as far back as Shakespeare with Hamlet and probably way back into the mists of time.

It makes me laugh because when it comes to most things in the physical real world we wouldnt accept what our ancient ancestors thought over what we know now yet when it comes to spirituality,religion and that side of things it seems the longer it's been believed then the more weight is put on it.Well that's just daft !!!

What proof is there they are dead humans,maybe their beings from a different dimension.May when we see them,they see us as a ghost in their dimension.

Or is it a brief meeting btwn us and one of these millions of quantum parallel worlds we hear theoretically exist.

Or even a gliche in the operating system of our simulation.lol.

Honestly,i've no real sense what they are,possibly all of the above and more.I couldnt figure when things were happening and when it ended I've never sought to experience any more of it.

If I never exp the paranormal again till i die that'll be a day too soon.lol

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72

What proof is there they are dead humans,maybe their beings from a different dimension.May when we see them,they see us as a ghost in their dimension.

There was an episode on The Dead Files where the medium, Amy Allen, saw a woman and her children (ghosts), and the woman took her children and hid in the closet. Amy wanted to communicate with her, but she said the ghost was afraid of her because the ghost thought Amy was the ghost.

You may have something there!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

There was an episode on The Dead Files where the medium, Amy Allen, saw a woman and her children (ghosts), and the woman took her children and hid in the closet. Amy wanted to communicate with her, but she said the ghost was afraid of her because the ghost thought Amy was the ghost.

You may have something there!

It's a difficult one though isn't it.They do reckon a lot of ghosts are just a kind of recording of an event that's maybe incredibly violent or traumatic which get's imprinted on the surroundings.Apparently stone and limestone in particular is good for it.

I've heard these and many
other theories over the years.Then there's programmes like Ghost Hunters and a few similar that say ghosts are somehow an electromagnetic force though they never explain the origin or the basis of what leads them to think that.

The only type I've ever experienced is the shadow person type which in my experience was certainly sentient.It wasnt a playback recording type for sure or gave the impression of being some dead man.

It's all anecdotal in the end.Wouldnt haue a clue how you would go about investigating what they are,it's not like you can take DNA and test it.lol.

Maybe get one of those traps from Ghostbusters

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

It's:

1. In your head.
2. A lie.
3. A prank.

All the bases covered there; A... simple words used, B.. obvious inference of personal superiority, C.. science knows everything there is to know style attitude.

Welcome to the Clan of Sheldon, you will fit in very nicely there.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

hey! beyond a shadow of a doubt, and you have to believe this what you interacted with are called "djinn"

they can be good or bad or neutral and they live among us, but are more prevalent in different parts of the world.

you should research them, but don't ever try to talk to one

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The fact that Uday and Kusay have been repoted as totally brutal and cruel torturers and murderers may have had sommat to do with that tower being hainted.....
There is a great deal of intense energy supposedly available through such black deeds as they are accused of.....
The Illuminatti even has been rumoured to practise the same dark arts to consumate their power over men.
There are even darker perversions that may have occured there....
Your experience and those of your comrades seems to have been interaction between the psychic remnants of violence and great fear.......
Some have explained that ghosts are traumatised souls whose very intense traumas have trapped their souls in a sort of self created "time bubble", the fact that they are between worlds, allows for some bleed through back into our reality......being spirits they are capable of existing within a reality of their own construct.....
and they are basically unaware, due to the intensity of the traumatic circumtances that they are even doing this to themselves.....
On the rare occaisions of bleed through into our plane of reality, it has been possible from time to time to establish contact with these disembodied souls, and communicate this to them...whereupon the hauntings usually cease.....
However, some may be so firmly entrenched in the time bubble, which their psyche has created that they cannot be reached .....as yet anyways....
If there is a soul....if you believe that...then all that follows is possible.......thats the bottom line friend......
regards .........s

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thanks for all of the replies. My first thought was it was the wind or the acoustics of the building. I used to be very skeptical about these things. It wasn't until I heard the footsteps on the ladderwell only to find nobody there and recognizing the arabic language in the whispers that I started to believe it could be possible. There were no underground structures beneath us where men could have been hiding either.

I should also add; Our tower was not the only one this happened in. Units all around the camp reported strange occurances in other towers and buildings as well. It got to a point so many Marines complained that they built us a new bunker on top of another building to stand gaurd in. I wish I had known more about this stuff back then.

We know some very evil things went on in the camp before when Uday and Kusay ran the show. The locals would tell us stories of them abducting men and women from Fallujah and taking them to their camp only to never be seen or heard from again. It was rumered that the lake within was riddled with bodies at the bottom. I do not know if that is true. It should be dried uo by now unless someone repaired the canal system that kept the lake filled.

Overall it was a strange place to be. The whole camp had an erie feeling to it. Who knows for sure what it was but I do believe something strange or paranormal was going on there.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Iraq contains within its borders some of the cities that were thought to have been myths from the dawn of civilisation....
The secret societies and ancient mystery schools mostly all origonate in that part of the world....
The darkest of arts were practiced in that area for millenia.....
Who can say what these psychos were up to?
The imagination may hardly be able to do justice to the wierd and hidden rituals and forces that could be reminant.....
I am sure you were not imagining it all.....actually wondering if any other vets have such tales they would like to unload on this thread...
Confession they say...is good for the soul...........

You boys for sure were strangers in a strange land........

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I remember reading a ghost story in the Middle East, reported by a couple of Marines. It was in Afghanistan though, not Iraq. The story was freaky as #. The Marines experienced a load of paranormal stuff while standing guard.

FORWARD OPERATING BASE SALERNO, Afghanistan - The two soldiers had heard stories about a ghost that was supposed to haunt the guard towers overlooking a graveyard on the outskirts of the base.

Then they heard a laugh over the radio. It was shrill, almost painful, and - according to them - could only have been made by a little girl.

"No grown man in the Army could have made it,'' said Painter, who is 23.

Painter and Jackson, paratroopers with the 2nd Battalion of the 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, called the other guard towers to see whether other soldiers had heard the laugh. They suspected their buddies were playing a practical joke. But no one had heard it.

It brought to mind the stories they had heard about the haunted tower.

The story around the base was that two Marines were in the tower one night when they saw an Afghan girl and her pet goat walking on the road. When they took off their night-vision goggles, she was gone.

When they put their goggles back on, the girl was standing on the balcony of their tower. Both men ran down the stairs. The rumor is that they refused to return to the guard tower, even if it meant they would be punished.

The night after hearing the laugh, Painter and Jackson were back in the tower - weary and a little jumpy. A few hours into the shift, the "ghost'' was back.

Both paratroopers said they could feel something moving behind them, and every once in a while it sounded like someone stepped on the trap door leading to the tower's middle level. The temperature in the tower dropped a few degrees, they said. Both men said they were huddled in the corner next to the radio.

"Are you movin'?'' Painter would ask when he heard something.

"No. You?'' Jackson would reply.

Then another tower called. The soldiers there said they were detecting a 3-foot-tall "form'' walking around the bottom of the tower that Jackson and Painter were in. The soldiers told Painter and Jackson that it looked like it was waving.

Reluctantly, Jackson said, he went to investigate.

"I walked around the whole balcony and didn't see anything,'' he said.

Both paratroopers were anxious for their shift to end. With less than an hour to go, a call came over the radio. Their relief was going to be late, maybe by as much as two hours. The paratroopers cursed their luck and continued to scan the horizon.

Their shift ended without any other incidents.

"That night, you could just feel it,'' Painter said.

Added Jackson: "There were no jokes that night.''

The ghost story is a legend around Salerno. Almost all of the paratroopers know at least one version, especially the one where the Marines refuse to return to the tower. According to some versions, the Marines are in tears.

The story has made it back to the United States. Both soldiers told their families about it. Painter's family told him they wouldn't go back to the tower. Jackson's father told him not to make the ghost angry.

Jackson, who said he believed in ghosts before he deployed to Afghanistan, doesn't think the ghost is harmful.

"I didn't feel threatened,'' said Jackson, who is 24. "It was just having fun.''

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I know that question was directed towards Nevertheless.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Having had similar happen to me in a barracks at FT Benning I believe you.. I ended up in a barracks on my own for a week with no one else there.. The main guy in charge put me there after my orders per platoon assignment changed a bunch of times.. I didn't even know when to go eat, and had no orders, before I even shipped over to basic.. It was weird, but I seem to have a knack for falling through the cracks.. First sarge destroyed me when he found me up there alone.. I was sitting on one of the beds, which was a huge no no...

I would hear voices at night, and at first I assumed it was echoes, because of the concrete structure of the whole place, but upon investigation no one was awake, except the fire guard, and they were silent/too far away... The voices sounded sad, and like they were right next to me, so quiet in their desperation.. I heard people walking around near me, and I was very alert to anyone walking because it could be the first Sarge again... There never was anyone there.. The sinks sounded like they turned on a few times, but the sinks were never wet upon investigation.. Maybe that one was pipes acting weird, but it sounded like the sinks were on and splashing..
When I got to Ft Benning there was a blood stain on the ground off one of the 3rd story cat walks.. Someone had just tried to kill themselves about a week from me getting there.. Not sure if it worked or not.. I wondered if it was related at the time..

Another time:
I was in an old farm house that was built at least 150 years ago maybe more. It was converted from a tobacco shed.
There where foot steps that walked across the ceiling (2nd floor), but no one could have been up there since for one the place is about 15 X 15 and I would have noticed anyone there, 2 I had one other witness who experienced the event exactly as I did, and 3 the only way up to the second floor was a wooden latched door that only locked from the outside.. That door was shut and locked, and I even went up there to check it out later...

I have had many more experiences, but I'll leave it there...

It's weird that people who have never experienced these things can be so sure they aren't real.. When others have been there done that, and never want to see another ghost, demon, or whatever EVER again..

edit on 12/23/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Great post dude. It's better to get some stuff like that off of your chest rather than have it weight you down. I've experienced a few things like what you described as well. It seems surreal at the time but it is what it is. I think the more ironic thing is that you were a serving member of the USMC(I think?) and you had experienced things such as the voices in Arabic. If there are some spirits still lingering there, more than likely they have no idea they're dead. Just like everywhere else

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join