It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I've Never Spoken Of Before.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
For some reason I feel like speaking of this tonight and I do not know why. I never really believed in the paranormal much until I served in Iraq. When I was in Iraq our camp was one of Uday and Kusays old palaces outside the city of Fallujah. It had guard towers that we used to have stand guard in at night. These guard towers mostly were shot all up from previous conflict and the one we stood watch in was especially shot up.

Anyway, it had a metal circular staircase that you had to climb to get to the top to the lookout room. It had one room for storage behind t6he room you stood watch in. It was the creepiest place I have ever been in My life. When standing guard in this place strange things would happen.

You would here footsteps coming up the ladderwell and when you would look and shine a light nobody would be there. You would also hear whispering voices in Arabic coming from the back room of the tower. It was so strange that it changed my thinking on the paranormal.

Almost every Marine that stood guard in that tower explained the same things happening over and over. Our higher ups would not even climb up in there due to the4 stories told by those who sttod guard there. We know Iraqi Men dies in the tower so I wonder was it their spirits we were exdperiencing or something more?
edit on 23/12/12 by usmc0311 because: posted too early

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

ITA!!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
WTF!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Somehow I knew this being in the paranormal forum this would happen.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Lol this empty space on the thread is pretty paranorma

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I am in complete agreement

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well places of violence usually seem to have the most activity. And you and many others know for a fact that people have died there. I love this story, it is very intriguing Thanks for the post.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Apparently, lots of paranormal events take place in the military. S&F just for having the courage to post!

Here are some more military stories you may enjoy at your leisure...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Good post and spooky as. Did anyone ever claim to see a ghost?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It's:

1. In your head.
2. A lie.
3. A prank.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Oh thank you thank you thank you!! I love this.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless
It's:

1. In your head.
2. A lie.
3. A prank.

Prove it!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
What do you mean by that.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Stone buildings can act as resonators (especially curved ones) which amplify and distort sounds from other places, carrying it far beyond the location of its source.

These are generally called "whispering galleries (Wikipedia link)" and are possibly what you are describing.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufohunter16
What do you mean by that.

I was replying to the post by member, Nevertheless.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

It's:

1. In your head.
2. A lie.
3. A prank.

4. None of the above.

OP very creepy

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
That is creepy, I'm a believer that if a person dies violently or unexpectantly that some kind of echo or energy of that person is left behind which is why a lot of hauntings are known to take place in old jails, mental institutions and of course war-zones.
I cant prove or disprove it but these occurrences do happen and some people are more sensitive to this than others.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
There are also a lot of reports of an area in Helmand where strange things happen, in one particular patrol base all kinds of odd stuff happens during the hours of darkness. This PB is situated in a locality that has been fought over since Alexander The Great's army was in the area, and managed to acheive what no one has done since i.e. a peaceful country.

I think when you have some very young, and understandably scared people in a stressful situation at night imagination does come into play Also there is of course the posibility that hostile forces are aware of these fears, and phobias and then deliberately play into them, but that is not to say that I completely discount the paranormal aspect.

kind regards

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

It's:

1. In your head.
2. A lie.
3. A prank.

Prove it!

Science works the other way.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Well, it appears you are lot alone regarding military personnel and Iraqi paranormal encounters...

My apologies for the image size below. The site flashplayer would not allow "ex-text" copy paste so did a screenshot instead but if I reduce it any further the text is too small to comfortably read.

www.true-ghost-stories.com...

Another story here
Another story here
Another story here
edit on 23-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join