It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Lanterns In The Night Sky - December 22nd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
[Solved. Nothing to see here]

Hello all. I wanted to see what you guys think of this footage. It was uploaded 30+ minutes ago on a comedy/sketch channel that i follow.

At first there is not much visible. Until 25 seconds in they appear very clearly. Then they fade away and others reappear. Apparently these guys were filming on a basketball court. They counted 12 to 15 in total.

They also zoom out and look around 55 seconds in, so there is a reference point. Towards the end of the video a plane flies by and you can see it in the same take as two of the lights.

Here is the channels "about us":

About RoadToHollywoodTv - New Comedy Mondays @12p.m They Say We Need A Show | Sketch Comedy | Live Pranks | Indie Filmmaking | Parody | Improv | NEW GENERATION ENTERTAINMENT CREW SHARE OUR VIDEOS! =)
110 videos | 29,922 subscribers | 5,128,215 video views

People complaining on the lack of comedy:
FattiHasSkillz 13 minutes ago
Mahh # stop uploding this wird # and put something funny

The channel adressing comments:
RoadToHollywoodTv 10 minutes ago
This is not a comedy this is something we caught in the middle of filming and just thought yall should be aware!

Let me know your thoughts.
edit on 22-12-2012 by ReleaseThePressure because: solved

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
lol @ ghetto commentary.. lots of cursing

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
They are Chinese Lanterns.
They really are.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

lol Yea i kinda felt i should've put a warning. But i guess your comment will serve that purpose.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ReleaseThePressure

Difficult to take this seriously when it comes from a group of comedic pranksters.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Everythings made in China nowadays. Geez:shk:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I thought of this as a possibility. Especially now that it's the end of the year and fireworks are more readily available.

I've seen a single one just like these a couple of months ago outside my home and after giving it a second thought figured it must have been a chinese lantern of some sorts.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

I thought of this possibility also. I've only been subscribed to them for a week or so, so i am unsure about their MO.

Their reactions seemed genuine to me though.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I saw a whole bunch of them one time, I was freaked out at first, then I realised they were drifting slowly, in groups, then the fire went out and they disappeared.
Just like in the video.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

That's right, same thing happened to me. The guy in the video also mentions they drift then fade out. Seems like this one is solved.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
those are almost definitely sky ;lanterns I have let off hundreds of them.
They work better in the winter months because pf the lower humidity and cooler temperatures
they can really freak people out that do not know what they are

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I saw those same orange balls in the sky when I was a kid. First time I have seen them in photos, though I have heard them mentioned on here a lot. The ones we saw were moving very slowly and seemed to be moving from side to side like they were caught in the breeze like chinese lanterns, but then they all came together and suddenly shot upwards and out of sight. How bizarre to see them again...

EDIT: after watching the entire video I agree, those are chinese lanterns, the original pic at the front of the video is what was similar to what we saw when I was a kid

edit on 22-12-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

What do you think could account for that sudden movement? Maybe an updraft or something like that?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I briefly caught news footage last night of quite a few of these floating, paper sack lanterns being set off to honor the Sandy Hook victims - couldn't help but wonder how many people might see them go by and think they might be UFO's or "strange lights"

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
ive read "chinese lanterns" as a possibility for so many UFO sightings lately. I am not discounting it, or that these aren't in this video, but I have never even seen a Chinese Lantern, or known anyone who has lit one and sent it into the sky? Is this such a normal activity these days? Where do you even buy one? Just curious.. thanks...

top topics

join