It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Give Chivalry Another Chance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by FailedProphet

Most women today are selfish and so independent they actually laugh or tell you "I don't need anyone to open a door for me"
. I then say "well don't let the door hit you in the ass". Women are so twisted that they love guys who treat them like crap and ignore them. Being nice will get a man nothing unless a woman is grounded, caring and ready to settle down and start a family.

I have refused to treat any woman I was interested in with nothing but love and respect as my mother taught me. That has gotten me NADA. So NO more Mr. Nice guy. Not that I am going to be mean or anything, I just wont care as much and always put them second to my needs unless I find one that really sweeps me off my feet like no other has even come close to before.

That is what they want so that is what they will get.

Amen. The truth.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Unfortunately in this day and age, nice guys have become effeminized while the guys that tread women like crap display qualities women want: Assertiveness, dominance, power, responsibility, leadership, and stability (to some degree). That's why women gravitate towards guys like that, it's not because they treat them badly, but because they treat them like women, the way men are supposed to treat women, on top of their inherent bad qualities.

Women don't want guys that are sensitive, they want guys who can lead them, make decisions, and just be a man. You can be a nice guy and be a man, treating people like crap and disrespectfully are not qualities women want, but they feel as though they have to accept the crap to get the qualities they want.

What did you expect would happen, ladies? In the process of getting equal worth in society (which you wholely deserve), you started to get greedy and wanting more power and authority. As a result, you've stepped on men and turned them into pansies who don't act like men and treat you like women, but act like castrated puppies who depend on you for everything. You wanted it, you got it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Unfortunately in this day and age, nice guys have become effeminized while the guys that tread women like crap display qualities women want: Assertiveness, dominance, power, responsibility, leadership, and stability (to some degree).

There is truth to this however its still a mans choice to satanize himself to apply those attributes. It takes a tougher guy to decide not play their game and stand above it. If the womans response is to walk away then she wasnt worth holding onto.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Personally speaking.... I am a woman and I like to be treated as such... Just in the same way I like men to be men. Men and women posses different qualities and traits...but rather than being in competition with each other those differences are supposed to compliment each other and should be celebrated.
I myself am rather proud of the qualities I possess as a woman and don't feel insecure or weak as a result of admitting it.

So if any man wishes to show his respect for me as a woman, expressed in an act of chivalry, he shall get the same kind of respect back with a very polite thank you and a smile......
That doesn't mean I am a walkover.....if someone disrespects me, man OR woman that is a different story!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

So if any man wishes to show his respect for me as a woman, expressed in an act of chivalry, he shall get the same kind of respect back with a very polite thank you and a smile......
That doesn't mean I am a walkover.....if someone disrespects me, man OR woman that is a different story!

i have only one thing to reply to that.....

Yes Mamn

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
Personally speaking.... I am a woman and I like to be treated as such... Just in the same way I like men to be men. Men and women posses different qualities and traits...but rather than being in competition with each other those differences are supposed to compliment each other and should be celebrated.
I myself am rather proud of the qualities I possess as a woman and don't feel insecure or weak as a result of admitting it.

What do you think the role of women is in society?
What do you think the role of man is in society?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Men are leaders whose very instincts are to bring about order and organization. They are the warriors, the kings, the fathers, using strength and discipline to bring about order from disorder.They are the ordered and physical oriented aspects of humanity.

Women are followers who test the world around them, especially men, to find chinks in the armor and address them. While man's personal strength is in his leadership skills and power to overcome obstacles, a woman's personal strength is her heart, empathy, sensitivity, and caring for others. They are the nurses, the teachers, the mothers. They are the chaotic and emotion oriented aspects of humanity.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Logos23

i have only one thing to reply to that.....

Yes Mamn

Why thank you kind sir

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I'm not sure how i would define what I believe gender role's should be in a wider society sense......I will have to think about that.

But......
I had two very loving parent's growing up ( still do) My Dad always made whatever sacrifices were necessary for the well being of his family.He felt it was his responsibility to provide for us...at one point in time that meant that he skipped meals to provide enough food for my mum and me and my sister. Whatever problem's we faced as a family my mum and dad faced them together, but he always took on ultimate responsibility for ensuring the best for us all.
Sometimes that meant that if my mum and dad couldn't agree on an issue or course of action, after lengthy talks and debate if still no agreement could be made HE made the final decision. He didn't take this lightly and was always aware of the great responsibility that came with that.....it wasn't a right, but a responsibility and if he made the wrong call the responsibility for that was also his.

He adored my mum and she adored him in return....he bought her gift's when he could, always made sure to let her know how much he appreciated her.

My mum stayed home and looked after me and my sister till we were both in school. She had nothing but respect for my dad and did everything she could to make him happy and feel proud of his family. She took care of us and my dad and made it easier for my dad to be able to do the thing's he needed to do to provide for us.
And yes while my dad was out working a 12 hour shift she cooked, cleaned house and took care of the day to day running.
When my dad wasn't working we all came together as a family and did everything together.

They worked together in this way to ensure that me and my sister had a good life and were happy and as a result that they could both be proud of their love for each other and the family they raised. And although that kind of lifestyle would probably come under criticism today it had the desired effect......I had the most wonderful childhood and consider myself well adjusted and grounded....and after 43 year's of marriage they still dote on each other!

Now call me old fashioned....which lot's do...but that would be my blueprint for gender role's within a family at least....but maybe my mum and dad set such a good example that I am completely biased!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The CTPWC short story contest was also a good place to show Chivalry. Im sure people mades submissions just like myself.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join