It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Previous member back to kick some *ss

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hi Folks,and Merry Xmas!

I was a member of this site some years ago and have since just been reading with interest.

However, due to some of the absurd and down right nonesneical ramblings of (unfortunatley) quite a few of you, it is ruining my enjoyment of the site. (Most notably: the Sandy Hook Incident, the bashing of non americans questioning the 5th amendment, 2012,

All of the above shall be addressed by me at some point.

So, I have been forced out of hibernation to try and talk sense into some of the mentally deranged people who post rubbish.

It seems that since I was here, very few people seek " truth", as much as they bend it to support their own weird messed up agenda with the world.

Don't get me wrong I am a very open minded person, and I would not dismiss an article or idea without first de-constructing it.

I do not profess to know everything, nor do I flit from post to post with an air of superiority.

I will not comment without researching, and I will not post without forethought.

I look forward to some enjoyable debate and discussing interesting "possible" theories, and I hope you join me in ridding this site of its regular morons.

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well, that's quite the intro.

Planning on hanging around a while this time? Or just long enough to straighten out the "mentally deranged", and the "morons"?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
cool story bro .........

some folks ...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

WELCOME.......back.

I'm sure you'll share your vast knowledge and take the majority of us to school.

School is in session, ATS! The professor has arrived!

OK....I've said my peace! Welcome back. I look forward to your contributions.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Sandy Hook has gone from reasonable debate (if there ever was any?) to outright lunacy. You won't believe some of the stuff being spun on these boards. Interestingly, it was reading some of the nonsense that reinvigorated my taste for ATS after a long absence.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ah many thanks, school is in session ;-)

I hope to learn as well as teach, and yes I shall hang around to help ensure this site remains a great source of alternative knowledge and news, and not a thought dumping ground for the unwell.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
0/10 not even mad brah.

Seriously though, while the ridiculous number of duplicate threads is annoying, as is the self assured smugness of several posters combined with general ignorance and an "us against them" mentality where if you don't agree with someone they instantly assume you hate them and you're just bullying them or something, the likes of which didn't happen a few years ago, I don't think it's your place to announce yourself as a fixer.

If you want to make this place better, do so, don't peacock about it.

Final thought, being an "old member" doesn't make you special, kid.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Exactly my thinking. Some of the things I have read have made my teeth itch, and there is only so long I can ignore it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Welcome

There are fresh socks Tinfoil hats available in the lobby.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

This is an in introduction section is it not? I am introducing myself, or am I missing the point?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I always like to introduce myself with something along the lines of "hey, I'm anon and I like x, y and z, hope to see you around!" not "hey, I'm anon and I'm better than each and every one of you, my e-ego is so massive it has several of its own moons, but you can't see it because it's so big I had to dump it ages ago!"

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

You having an inferiority complex is no concern of mine, If you were that intimidated by my post and felt the need to defend yourself and attack me for no reason, then that is your issue.

One of the initial reasons I left the ATS community was I was so busy dealing with pointless comments like yours that I didnt have time to enjoy serious debate.

As I say, I hope for the most part I will be having some serious debate on social and political issues.

Not pandering to imbiciles.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

nonesneical ramblings

mentally deranged people

weird messed up

regular morons.

I do not profess to know everything, nor do I flit from post to post with an air of superiority.

So what is it with all the insults above.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I do not have an inferiority complex, nor was I intimidated by your post. I was confused by your liberal use of words and phrases like "mentally deranged" and "morons" to generalise about a community you have just joined.

My mentality is the same as you claim yours to be, I enjoy serious debates where emotion and preconceptions are left at the door and insults are not even considered.

I do not understand how you can claim to enjoy "serious debate" and in the same breath call a load of people morons.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
Hi Folks,and Merry Xmas!

I was a member of this site some years ago and have since just been reading with interest.

However, due to some of the absurd and down right nonesneical ramblings of (unfortunatley) quite a few of you, it is ruining my enjoyment of the site. (Most notably: the Sandy Hook Incident, the bashing of non americans questioning the 5th amendment, 2012,

All of the above shall be addressed by me at some point.

So, I have been forced out of hibernation to try and talk sense into some of the mentally deranged people who post rubbish.

It seems that since I was here, very few people seek " truth", as much as they bend it to support their own weird messed up agenda with the world.

Don't get me wrong I am a very open minded person, and I would not dismiss an article or idea without first de-constructing it.

I will not comment without researching, and I will not post without forethought.

I look forward to some enjoyable debate and discussing interesting "possible" theories, and I hope you join me in ridding this site of its regular morons.

Peace

Hi
Im amazed by the amount of people joining or re joining for serious discussion now, It look like we will have a good new year and some thought behind posts, Im quite looking forward to that

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

What makes you think this site is about education, truth and logical thinking? Or even denying ignorance for that matter.

It's entertainment, pure and simple!

Welcome back from one who at one time had a nice gold border around their posts, but alas....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

I do not have an inferiority complex, nor was I intimidated by your post. I was confused by your liberal use of words and phrases like "mentally deranged" and "morons" to generalise about a community you have just joined.

My mentality is the same as you claim yours to be, I enjoy serious debates where emotion and preconceptions are left at the door and insults are not even considered.

I do not understand how you can claim to enjoy "serious debate" and in the same breath call a load of people morons.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

You started it. I saw it. Quit lying about not insulting people.

OP.... If you've already got people trying to knock you down, I do have to say that makes me curious.
Let's hear what you have to say.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
You started it.

3/10 I thought you were serious for a minute there.

I didn't insult the OP at all, unless you count the "kid" thing as an insult. Every other point I have made in this thread has been "it's great that you feel like that, but it would be nice if you didn't act like it made you better than everyone else."

Also, when the opening post calls the general userbase morons and mental and so on, there's no way I could have started it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Oh boy...

If you like to debate politics, then surely you have a deathwish ?

Good luck in your endeavors and welcome to the insane asylum !

Attention all passengers, we are ready for take-off. Please fasten your seatbelts and put your lap trays in their upright position...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
SIGH!! So let me know if I am understanding your "intro" here correctly. YOU are here to "kick some *ss" as your title says, and its all because you are angry at AMERICANS whom are getting angry at NON-AMERICANS (to be frank, UK folks in general who cant stop minding American affairs) who cannot stop insulting our American Constitution and Bill Of Rights?? Did I get this right?

So WHO now is the "deranged" here that you mention??

Here is some American advise for you: How about worrying about your OWN UK AFFAIRS?? You all have enough PROBLEMS over there. Use this "*ss kicking" energy to solve your OWN affairs, eh?

SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 22-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join