It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hey there, I'd like to introduce myself and say that in the future to come I will have many interesting stories and threads to share with you guys.
I have an old account on here that I lost the login information to, so I have been lurking about a lot, and slowly reaching the 20 post count to start my own threads again. So, here I am.

I've put a lot of thought in to what I want to share and how I want to go about sharing it, I have many stories to tell everybody, and even more questions to ask.

I will start off my first thread with a short story, but something that has been bugging me daily since it happened.

This must have happened back in April or May of 2012. It was a time in my life where I was constantly on the go, bussing around the city was a daily thing for me. One day, when I was on my way home from downtown, the bus was nearly empty, and the buses here usually hold about 30-40 people maximum. I was aware of everybody on the bus, and one lady in particular caught my interest, as well as gave me the creeps.

I was minding my own business on the bus as usual, just looking out the window and once in a while I'd look around the people on the bus, but once I noticed one woman I couldn't take my eyes off of her, or pull my attention away. She was strange, it wasn't her clothing at all, though she did seem to be wearing clothing from a culture that I am not aware of. The woman was some sort of Indian, and she was spending all of her time on the bus talking to herself.
The talking was not just "damn it today sucked" or "oh damn I forgot to get milk!". Nothing of that sort.

The Indian woman was whispering to herself most of the time, but she looked around constantly, her eyes were restless. Of course, maybe this is a regular thing in bigger cities where there are a lot of crazy people, and I will not deny that my city holds a LOT of crazies, and I could have shrugged this woman off as a crazy person until she vanished.

No, I did not SEE her just disappear. But, I am a frequent rider of the bus route I was on, we were going down an avenue that has only ONE stop at one end and ONE stop on the other end, in the middle of the avenue there is NO stop at all.

Well, I looked down at my phone after staring at this woman some more, wondering what she was saying. My girlfriend texted me, and I responded with something short, just a quick "okay." and when I looked back up to this woman, she was gone.

The bus had not stopped at all, and I looked around to see if anybody else was as freaked out as me, however there were no other people at the back area of the bus, it was her and I in the back part and the rest of the bus riders were in the front.

I wanted to ask around and see if anybody had noticed, but being shy, I didn't bother. I immediately just sent my girlfriend a text message explaining it. I also posted a status on my old Facebook account about it, but after being called crazy, etc.. I decided to remove the post.

I could swear on my life that this woman just vanished, as the bus had not stopped once while I was looking at my phone. Nobody I have told this story to believes me, but I am hoping that somebody here may have had a similar experience, or something to say.

I am sure these things happen all the time, and I am not the only person who has experience something like this. Could it be some sort of higher being than us? Or some sort of culture that has a secret of being able to teleport? It sounds crazy, and I often doubt myself on this entire thing, but it happened...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sounds like an Angel to me..

I think they enjoy freaking people out.

Vincent Tan had a few Angelic encounters several years back:

Angels appear as humans

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lifemonkey

It happens. She must have been a shaman or into what some call "the craft". People can levitate, teleport, ect.
What does the phrase "higher being" mean to you? Theres a whole lot of possibility in this world that people aren't privy to. My best guess is that she's dabbling in witchcraft, it happens.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It seems to me that most people's first idea about who or what she was would be a ghost. It's odd that the OP plus two other people haven't even mentioned that. Obviously, it sounds like a ghost to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You said she looked as if she was from a different time period, and was talking to herself.
She may have teleported over from another timeline, and was chanting to get herself back there. She probably caught your attention because you subconsciously realized she wasn't "from here".
Too bad you missed the disappearance as she vanished.

Awesome story! S&F.
Thanks for sharing that. Most people would keep that one to themselves. I'm happy to see people coming out with these weird things that happen to many of us. (See my signature). The more that come forward, the less people will call us crazy!

IT HAPPENS!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

What does the phrase "higher being" mean to you?

Not a whole lot, I'd guess it would mean somebody who is at a higher state of mind than most, able to see, and sense things that most would not, etc...

Originally posted by sled735
Too bad you missed the disappearance as she vanished.

Awesome story! S&F.
Thanks for sharing that. Most people would keep that one to themselves. I'm happy to see people coming out with these weird things that happen to many of us. (See my signature). The more that come forward, the less people will call us crazy!

I have many more stories to share, I'll be around regularly and when the time feels right I'll be sharing much more.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I would also have to agree that it was maybe a ghost and the chanting was more or less the conversation that she had on that bus, maybe she died on that bus route and was halfway through in the conversation and so she's stuck there trying to finish the conversation.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I would also have to agree that it was maybe a ghost and the chanting was more or less the conversation that she had on that bus, maybe she died on that bus route and was halfway through in the conversation and so she's stuck there trying to finish the conversation.

It didn't seem like the woman was conversing, I do recall there being ONE statement she made during her whispering to herself that really struck me.
I cannot remember the exact words that she said, but she was talking to herself, but it seemed as though she was talking to somebody else at the same time. Somebody in her head, like a typical "crazy person" would be doing... It was something along the lines of, "You can't make me", or at least that is what I remember hearing.

It was months back though, and I can't remember details like that as much as I'd like to.

I do know that as I've seen ghosts and spirits in the past (will share some of those stories one day as well), she didn't feel like one. I know the feeling I get when I see a paranormal entity, and that didn't happen to me this time around. She seemed very "real", like she was there, just like you or somebody else would be there. But again, at the very same time she seemed very wrong, and very "off".

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I would be very happy if you could share some on my thread, that is, unless you want to do your own threads.
Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Wow! that is interesting!
I hope others that have had similar experiences will come forward to. I'm thinking shaman/witchcraft and alternate timeline or reality walker. man, I wish you caught a glimpse of her leaving! There is someone else here on the board that mentioned a woman appearing, then disappearing in his livingroom (he saw her with his gf) maybe he will catch your thread and chime in.

Thanks for sharing your story!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

By what you;ve written here you seem both intrlligent and rational. You have a girl friend that's a good sign.

What does she say to you about this, if anything.?
edit on 22-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
How long were you looking at your phone? It would probably be just a matter of seconds for the woman to have moved to another seat and maybe you just couldn't see her.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

By what you;ve written here you seem both intrlligent and rational. You have a girl friend that's a good sign.

What does she say to you about this, if anything.?
edit on 22-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

My girlfriend told me that she probably just got off the bus, but like I said in the original post, I know the bus route and there is no stop on that avenue in the middle of it... Only at both ends... for example. Pretend x is a stop, - is the road.

x-------------------o------------------------------x

That is the avenue, there is a stop at the end after a small right turn onto the street, and a stop at the very beginning of the avenue, as shown. We were in the middle of the avenue, at o when I looked up and saw her disappear.

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
How long were you looking at your phone? It would probably be just a matter of seconds for the woman to have moved to another seat and maybe you just couldn't see her.

I glanced at my phone, read a message and responded with a short "okay", so it would have been a few seconds.
I thought that the woman possibly moved, I looked at every seat and spot on the bus and she was nowhere to be found, not behind, beside or across from me, or at the front of the bus. She was gone.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
She is a ghost... Iv'e seen them...up close too.

Thought the one I saw was a co-worker, until she sort of swoop/washed right into the wall...

Found out later she was a woman who had died in a fire...and just sort of resembled my co-worker...save for the fuzzy blue robe...

Paranormals come in all shapes and sizes from my experience...but the angels, and the ghosts/wandering souls they help, appear perfectly human...

I really have no idea what all the types of paranormals would be, iv'e seen several... but the proof is really in the pudding...

I mean, let's face it...the only true difference between any of them/us is their/our philosophy on life within the creation,(well...not counting the mortal/immortal thing.), and their/our love of and for our creator...

I'm not certain, but I suspect some few ghosts/wandering spirits are in fact traveling back in time from the resurrection in order to atone when an opportunity to "help" comes along...er came along...

edit on 23-12-2012 by Khurzon because: eta

edit on 23-12-2012 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
You said whispering to herself... Are you sure she wasn't on a smartphone with a wireless mic? I know....everyone knows what the big ugly roach in the ear ones look like ...and they're about worthless for environments (like a truck or a bus) with major background noise. I looked at several when I was on the road that were bone induction (rest on your jaw not in your ear. Amazing little things..and expensive.)

The other I looked at and you'd know to think back if she had one, looked exactly like what you see special forces people use in movies and was a clip looking device that went on the neck right around the voice box. They both promised 0 background noise pickup (by nature) and the ability to talk softly or even whisper in the last case...low enough to not be heard by others.

No idea about the vanishing tho. That is creepy!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
thats why phones have camera's

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
A few years a go a Russian investigator looked into the subject of missing children and what he found out was amazing.

He found out that the amount of missing children was the exact same % in every country in the world and said children are are disappearing at the exact same rate per country per year.

For example 325 million people in the USA and 0.2 (cant be sure of the exact percentage) UK 65 million and 0.2 go missing and its the same % of population go missing from every country in the world and his data showed that this % never changes and is exact.

Then he went on to point out 1 year in particular ( i cant remember the year) he said 1 million children went missing in the USA, he had the data the paperwork census info, this guy studied this for years.

He said how can 1 million children just vanish and its not even reported.

I thought this cant be true.

So if you are interested in children going missing on a world wide scale maybe you should look at just how many children go missing around the world each year.

In the early 1980s I had booked a holiday in Disney land for myself wife and 2 kids and had paid all tours like seaworld and film studios in advance.

I cancelled it and lost the lot, because we were warned by the travel agent not to let our kids out of our sight and did some checking.

Kids were getting abducted from miami and disney land on an alarming scale, thinking of it now with all the security in disney how could kids go missing all the time,
The only explanation i could think of was that Disney were abducting the kids.

having paid a a couple of hundred pounds in the 80s a lot of money then, we were not willing to take the chance, thats how real it was and I would rather lose money than my children.

www.google.co.uk...=en&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=record%20amount%20of%20children%20went %20missing%20from%20disney%20world&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=a5d91bad1ac8234a&bpcl=40096503&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.d2k&biw=151 7&bih=747

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
My links dont seems to work, just put a google search for ( Chil
dren going missing at Disneyland at all time high)

Better stiil found this here on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-12-2012 by pavmas because: Found that story had been covered by ATS so put a link in

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It really has to be either a ghost,some sort of other paranormal being,someone teleporting,time shifting,dimension shifting.

I mean people can ask you for proof,suggest you stared at your phone mesmerised while the bus stopped and she got off,you're making it up or you're going mad but you were there,you know the mechanics of what happened.i.e the logic and reason.

For example,I rarely use the bus but our buses where I stay the seats have very low backs and are actually quite open with nowhere to hide.

I mean if you know yourself that it happened as you described and you know you didnt blank out as the bus stopped and she got off then however mad it sounds she somehow disappeared.

The only other thing is was she there in the first place or was she a 3D hologram or something.I mean were always hearing how the government can make people see things !!!

Personally I say either a recorded/playback type ghost or person caught out of time

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Very interesting, F & S for you. Similar occurrences happened to me, once i read a book about supposed aliens that said if you wanted to meet one in your town u should focus your mind and ask for a "show up". I was younger then and did just that. Same day at night i went to a bar with friends, and while i am ordering our first drinks of the night at the bar this woman sitting right next to where i was standing caught my attention. She was very very still, dark skinned, a half smile on her face, very beautiful and perfectly build. She looked me in the eyes and asked me: "Remember me?" I never ever had seen much less interacted with such a woman before and i was kinda mesmerized by the whole thing. She just looked at me with that half-smile that seemed to know something i didn't. Anyway, things like this always sort of creep me out but at the same time i'm the most curious person in the world.

Andro
edit on 23-12-2012 by Andromerius because: Grammatical errors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join