It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could China be threatening to stop lending the US money unless our Government disarms our citizens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is of course the first thing that popped into my mind after reading this NY Times article.

View From Asia December 15, 2012, 11:31 pm171 Comments China Calls for ‘No Delay’ on Gun Controls in U.S.

Are these mass shootings being orchestrated by the US government so that they can justify Gun Control so they can keep borrowing money from China?

In other words is China now calling the shots for US policy and if the answer is yes, what will they want our

Government to do next after they take away all our guns?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I call for disarming china from all of their knives becuase on the same day our school got shot up their school got sliced up and almost the same amount of people killed..

and lets disarm them of all of their ninja swords and throwing stars because they will likely poke ur eye out or worse...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think this is a non issue.

The politicians like to play up that China owns tons of the US debt, but in reality it is only like 12%, if that.

The big culprit here is the Federal Reserve which owns somewhere around 60% of the US debt. It has also been proven that the FED has gone around about a week after these bond purchases and bought them back from the Chinese, just to make it look like the FED is not the primary holder.

Just part of the scam.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well now, some may look at that and say it's a good reason to pass gun laws....or be mad at China for the moxy it takes to say that to us.

I look at that ...and knowing they have some points about how far over a barrel we are to them economically...It's a message the politicians ought to take as time being out to balance the budget and not spend in debt like a 16yr old with the parents credit card. If we weren't needing to pay off the credit card and get more on the line from China in the first place, their opinion would merely be an opinion. We did this one to ourselves....and balancing a budget would be the obvious and intelligent solution. Clinton did it, after all.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Gun control won't prevent these sorts of things..

Take away his gun, he could have used knives, an axe, a chainsaw.. a pitch fork! ..

And during columbine, didn't they also make their own explosives?

The only way to stop someone from having a psychotic rampage is to deal with them before they melt down .. counseling, identifying the depth of their issues before it gets out of control... no amount of weapons control would help more than that.

And I say this as a guy who does not own a gun, or even a license for one.. just no interest in it
edit on 12/22/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I live in nyc so getting a gun legally is a little more time consuming than it would be in other states.
However, china, find a way to disarm our people and ill find a way to obtain a firearm to defend my constitutional right to own one. Money is one thing, but touch my rights and i promise we'll have a different situation to talk about.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
I call for disarming china from all of their knives becuase on the same day our school got shot up their school got sliced up and almost the same amount of people killed..

and lets disarm them of all of their ninja swords and throwing stars because they will likely poke ur eye out or worse...

Ninjas would be Japanese.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth
This is of course the first thing that popped into my mind after reading this NY Times article.

View From Asia December 15, 2012, 11:31 pm171 Comments China Calls for ‘No Delay’ on Gun Controls in U.S.

Are these mass shootings being orchestrated by the US government so that they can justify Gun Control so they can keep borrowing money from China?

In other words is China now calling the shots for US policy and if the answer is yes, what will they want our

Government to do next after they take away all our guns?

It would take an amendment to the US constitution which would require a 2/3 vote and ratification by 38 states I believe.

Or basically, virtually impossible to repeal the 2nd amendment.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Nope. This is China taking a pop shot at America.

Japan owns almost as much U.S. debt as China. I don't see them taking pop shots.

China needs to take care of their OWN Country.

MHO

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Nope. This is China taking a pop shot at America.

Japan owns almost as much U.S. debt as China. I don't see them taking pop shots.

China needs to take care of their OWN Country.

MHO

Yah - I don't think China buys our bonds anymore that's why we started monetizing our debt. Japan & Saudi Arabia still buy are bonds if I remember correctly.

new topics

top topics

join