It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or is there a serious amount of clowns around here when it comes to Mayans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I've liked reading some theories on 2012 and especially reading Zagari in the timewave thread and so on, but wow, aren't most people going on about the Mayans and Dec 21st just being serious clowns or what? (oh, and I'm one of the people that was hoping for something decent to happen too. I just never made the mistake of completely believing it would.)

Because the Mayans, as far as I know, and with very little research, didn't believe the world would end at all on Dec 21st. In fact many of the more spiritual ones just did ceremonies to bring in the new age after the previous one had ended. They weren't freaking out, they weren't thinking the world was ending, they just did their thing and are now in a new age.

So how exactly have they "trolled" us, or been wrong, etc? Because the way I see it, a lot of people all over the world have just got the whole thing completely backwards and they only have themselves and their ignorance to blame if they're disrespecting the Mayans and their culture.

On another note, here's what thousands of real Mayans did on the 21st Dec. They marched through Mexico protesting : intercontinentalcry.org...

Quote from above link :

New Age freaks around the world may have been gearing up for the end of the world, but it appears that some Mayas had a very different opinion on the matter. They preferred to send us another message: that of the new world they have been building in silence for two decades now.

I think that sums things up kind of perfectly. Have some respect for Mayans please and don't get them mixed up with all the 2012 end of the world stuff that's been going on.
edit on 22-12-2012 by robhines because: typo

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
did you just ask if there are lot of clowns here ?

lol

this place was educational and fun in 2005

just repetitive junk now
edit on 22-12-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
did you just ask if there are lot of clowns here ?

lol

this place was educational and fun in 2005

just repetitive junk now

Yeah for some reason, even though I have no blood/family connection at all to the Maya, I just feel kind of personally offended at the disrespect I've been reading lately. Especially on twitter on the 21st, maybe after seeing that I'm still kind of bugged by it. It was worldwide trending and basically just tons of people who probably have no clue at all about the Maya talking crap and poking fun at/insulting them. I don't mind jokes but thought a lot of it sucked. That's modern life for you though I guess.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
They haven't trolled us .. but you're right, they had no belief that the world would end when the long count calendar ended.. the long count calendar has ended 13 times now! the ending of a baktune simply represents a new age.. or for us it would be like throwing out your 2012 calendar and buying the 2013 one for the new year ..

But there is a group of people on ATS who seem absolutely obsessed with the notion of an apocalypse .. many of those same people jump on each new impending disaster ... It happened with the comet that was supposed to destroy us, when they failed.. many jumped on the rapture stuff.. and now as Dec 21 started getting closer, they jumped on that ..

It will only be a matter of time before the next thing that's supposed to kill us will be all over the new topics page.. and on that note, I really wish ATS would implement a filter for that page .. it would be awesome to say "if they post contains any of these words, hide it".. not because they shouldn't be posting it, it just gets so viral that it hides other posts.. like the Sandy posts right now, there's way too many of them if you ask me.
edit on 12/22/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yucco the clown was a mayan god.

top topics

join