It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Those Struggling with their Non-Faith:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Hi dusty,

You know you can lead a horse to water, good luck trying to make it drink though. You can however skin the horse and divide up the meat and suck the marrow from the bones, cause it isn't really a horse when you live in legoland

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Yes I agree. It is not necessary to label this idea "God". Any label would be inaccurate anyway since we cannot comprehend the existence of it. Although it Can communicate with us on a human level, and direct and guide us.

Op look up the Akashic Records. Perhaps being closer to God is the same process as accessing the Akashic Records. Edgar Cayce did say that when people used his gift to earn a profit, that he would get terrible headaches. So morality, right & wrong, good & evil really could exist and have a real effect on the universe and ourselves in ways we don't understand yet. Say what you want about Cayce, but in my opinion, the stuff that CAN be verified, is incredible, all on its own.

I suppose in a way, im agnostic simply because I'm willing to admit we don't have all the answers. But I can tell you I love having a relationship with my maker and I love Jesus and I love every human and every living thing.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Religion has done more harm on this planet than any other construct and it's corruption continues to degrade the soul. Most people see themselves as separate from others and isolation prevents them from knowing themselves. They place man made constructs between them and the creator whether it be a book, a church or another person which only deepens the illusion and generates more fear. The church will never ask you to go within and seek the answers directly that are appropriate for you without judgement.

Do religious people think that all those people who lived before Jesus was incarnated, that those people all went to hell because they had no guide? I doubt it's even discussed. He spent one lifetime here and the talking monkeys nailed him to a cross (dark portal) which is still glorified as a church symbol. They continue to spread disinformation and fear as a tool of control and limitation to the masses. Why else was did the conquerors force religion upon the native peoples? Was if for their spiritual benefit?

Religion will only corrupt and confuse your soul. You have to go beyond the heaven they created in the astral realms and re-connect directly with your God source if you want to leave this game and move onto something else. If you want to know yourself you can quiet your mind and know your heart and soul. This is where you may find some deeper meaning if you have the will to go there and let the illusions fade.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

No source just is.
Divine and infinite.

PLPL

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Do you have any evidence beyond Edgar Cayce that the Akashic records really exist elsewhere than in the mind of Egar Cayce?
If not, the Akashic records likely do not exist.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Having been raised a a devout Bible Thumper in my youth it was not until I rebelled and left the Corporate Kingdom Church and put some space between me and all their indoctrinations so that I was able to clear my head and question and begin to look at things from different angles. My wife on the other hand was a clean slate who never went to church but had a desire to seek into our Creator and we both began to seek for truth together.

We reject all churches, most twisted bibles & doctrines along with the men & women who declare themselves to be representatives of the Most High for these corruptions. Rather we focus on our own relationship with our Creator and just simply encourage others to do the same... Its not a contest but rather a desire for truth of truth of even more truth...

I have come to the conclusion that all churches are corrupt...

You yourself are a temple of The Most High if you seek for truth yourself and do not let others force your believe what they demand but rather have faith and actions to seek out greater and greater truths. Our Creator does not reside in Temples, Kingdom Halls, Churches or Synagogs any longer but we are moving from the physical worship to a spiritual evolve....

Great thread btw...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

To me God is all these things and then some. He is in everything , and he is everywhere.
The evidence of God surrounds us daily.
The way he communicates to us is personal.
There is no right or wrong way, what is important is that you find him.

PLPL

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori

To me God is all these things and then some. He is in everything , and he is everywhere.

PLPL

There is no evidence of god surrounding us.
If what you believe is true, why are people in Africa starving to death, why does god not heal amputees?

Tell us.
But of course I am sure you are going to say it would impede free will or something, the typical religious cop out.
God is not here, at least not the god of love.

Are you blessed because you have your health and have enough to eat?
No, you are lucky to be born the way you are and those African kids were unlucky.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The poor Africans are in their situation primarily due to religious interference. They once lived as hunter gatherers and while it was not an easy path, they did ok until they adopted a foreign mindset. Look a little deeper than the surface conditions if you are really seeking a better understanding.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

What you said , times two. Second line.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have had a hard time with scripture...
There are soo many, and even more that are not shown...;
And each, I feel, is a mixed basket...with some wisdom shining through, but also with the interpretations of prophecy and revelation viewed and described through a mind set of the times...;
and yet, I have never doubted the existence of a supreme Creator...

I once, during a fever, found myself outside my body... I could no longer feel my arms...legs, or indeed anything of my body... I felt very much like an oval shaped sphere.
I have also witnessed paranormal entities of the same shape, and also those in human form...

For me...non-corporeal existence is not questioned... There is another side...
Just not altogether sure how it all works...

I continue to use intution to fuel my imagination for speculation on what might be true...
The following is a copy paste, with a few small edits, of one of my posted replies in another thread discussing God...

Are there Gods?

Some simple Truths about the subject...

The Hubble deep space scan has shown us all the immense size of the cosmos...
Galaxies without number, and maybe more beyond?
Countless possibilities of worlds like our own out there...

I firmly believe that the action of panspermia is a real and cosmic scale conveyor of the primal plan of life itself in the cosmos...

The Cosmos is also very old... Many worlds like our own have obviously come and gone...
Probability dictates that at least one brain bearing civilizations, (like our own), would have evolved beyond the “flash” point of technology “we” are at right now...

...Survived to go on and develop an advanced technology that seeks to place “handles” on every aspect of reality...(which is in essence what science and technology seeks to do. Analyze, classify, quantify and clarify the aspects and controls of all things within reality.)

Now give that race a few hundred thousand years...or saay a few million?

The numbers point to the fact of some higher advanced race having reached a state of advanced technology that, to us mere terrestrial bound sentients, would appear angelic or even god like...beings that have an understanding and control over all the “handles” of reality...including time itself...
Once you can shepherd your own beginnings...?
Alpha and Omega?
All of Creation becomes an Akashic library accessed with Time Dialation Technology...

There are Gods and beings of angelic stature in the universe... The statistics alone would imply this, and intuitively I think we all know it....

e.t.a.:
I have an hypothesis that the true power sources for all this are the very magnetic fields of the planets and stars themselves...
Galaxies and larger...these magnetic fields are like levers large enough to move worlds...
Possibly controlled by a singular entity, at each level; or body of entities?

Remember...all it takes is one race to evolve its tech exponentially; and the size of the cosmos makes that probability, (granting cosmic wide life dispersion or “panspermia”.), just about a foregone conclusion...

edit on 23-12-2012 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
And faith... faith is not such a hard thing...

For you see, without faith, how could we conceive of and envision higher things?

Is not conception of an idea itself yet an untried and unrealized truth?
If you did not have some faith that it would come true, would you even think of attempting it?

Also, consider eternity...
To attempt to define it, falls short of what it truly is.
But, can we not, in our faith of it's existence, come to understand it as a truth?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

God is the very fiber that weaves us all together. He is the vein of this universe and beyond, he is the foundation of all things natural. So to me when I see the sun I see God, and in the stars and the trees and the highest mountains, all living creatures, in you and in me, everywhere. I could keep going but I'm sure you get my point.

There are misfortunes and horibble afflictions in this world. As pointed out there are other issues that play into circumstaces, but they are man made problems, not God made.

How would we know the hardships and afflictions of others, the pain and deprivation if it never existed. We as a species seem to respond better to lessons learned the hard way. There are people everywhere all the time in need of help, why does it take a natural disaster of a large scale, or a tragic loss of innocent lives, or any loss for that matter to prompt us to care? To make us more aware of what is important and valuable?? There are teribble things in this world, but they are not in vain, each and every circumstance carries a lesson and a blessing. For every one problem you or I have someone else carries an even bigger load.

PLPL

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

God is the very fiber that weaves us all together. He is the vein of this universe and beyond, he is the foundation of all things natural. So to me when I see the sun I see God, and in the stars and the trees and the highest mountains, all living creatures, in you and in me, everywhere. I could keep going but I'm sure you get my point.

There are misfortunes and horibble afflictions in this world. As pointed out there are other issues that play into circumstaces, but they are man made problems, not God made.

How would we know the hardships and afflictions of others, the pain and deprivation if it never existed. We as a species seem to respond better to lessons learned the hard way. There are people everywhere all the time in need of help, why does it take a natural disaster of a large scale, or a tragic loss of innocent lives, or any loss for that matter to prompt us to care? To make us more aware of what is important and valuable?? There are teribble things in this world, but they are not in vain, each and every circumstance carries a lesson and a blessing. For every one problem you or I have someone else carries an even bigger load.

PLPL

Agreed.

Consider the shape I described in my out of body experience...the oval or sphere of spirit...

It is my belief that our creator is a cosmic size spirit orb in which we are much like what you and I would call imagination.

Picture yourself in your minds eye...

Now, where is this incarnation of you? Where does it exist?
The intuitive answer would be..."inside me, somewhere".

If your imagination were of an advanced nature, perhaps you could even imagine a world in which to put this incarnation of yourself, and perhaps even people who would populate it...

And where would these people exist? Inside you? As part of you, and yet different from you?
And being different from you, you might delight in this...and you might even grow to love your creations, and they you?

After all, being children of a creator implies that we are meant to "create" like our progenitor...

And, looking around, I would say we have got a good start on creating... things, I think...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
reply to post by ihavenoaccount

Hey brother!
Sounds like your story is similar to mine, you tried to believe, but you kid yourself, you think of burning lakes of fire, then at some point you realise it operates like a cult.
Religion without the threat of eternal damnation would have died 100's of years ago.
It's the cultish fear that keeps people hanging on.

People are not devoted to god, they are devoted to keeping their butts off the eternal hot plate.

Essentially that's what it is the cult is still alive because of instilled fear.

Good luck in your non-faith

I have a slightly different perspective than you do about church goers. Christianity, like any other cult such as Freemasonry or Satanism, is about fellowship with others, and that's what keeps people hanging on.
I would agree that most "believers" are not devoted to God, they are devoted to one another, it's "their place".
FAITH is a misunderstood word, many people claim to have it, but few actually do have it. Faith is so much more than acknowledging the existence of a being.

“I say to you that he shall perform their vindication quickly. However, The Son of Man shall come, and will he then find faith on the earth?” Luke 18:8
Faith without works are DEAD, there must be EVIDENCE or it isn't faith!

Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God. -Matthew 3:8

Merely believing in the existence of God does not constitute faith according to the Word. Furthermore we are not saved by merely knowing all these things.
"If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them." John 13:17

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

What is out there?

ETERNITY, the final frontier...

Watch these videos and prepare to have your mind BLOWN...

edit on 24-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

PLPL

There is no evidence of god surrounding us.
If what you believe is true, why are people in Africa starving to death, why does god not heal amputees?

Tell us.
But of course I am sure you are going to say it would impede free will or something, the typical religious cop out.
God is not here, at least not the god of love.

Are you blessed because you have your health and have enough to eat?
No, you are lucky to be born the way you are and those African kids were unlucky.

God provides everything. God does not just give chocolate flavour, God gives all flavours. You get to see all there is not just what you consider good. Man ate from the tree of knowledge so he can know the words good and bad. But life is not good or bad - it just is.
Would you like it if the cinema only showed happy movies? Would you like it if life was not diverse?

It is you who denies what is provided - it is you who cannot love. Love what is present - it is a gift after all.
edit on 24-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Religion was created to give answers to the things we didn't have answers to. Like lightning or night and day or what happens when you die. We have those answers now, so why do people still believe? It's because people are brainwashed at a young age. At this point in time, my grandmother is trying to force me to have faith. Hanging crosses around the house, including my room. Giving me bibles and jesus figurines for holidays. Making me bow my head and hold her hand when we eat dinner. I don't see why I have to believe too. She can be ignorant by herself. Why drag me in to? I cannot comrephend living with a god just as religious people cannot comprehend living without a god. I wasn't brainwashed as a child. My mother let me join in her Pagan/Wiccan rituals and I had lots of fun. We danced and sang and laughed and ate cookies and I got to be with my friends and family. But she didn't make me. She didn't want me to because she was afraid that I wouldn't form my own opinion about religion. I've studied Christianity and Paganism and Judaism and none of it makes any sense to me, because I sat down in my science classroom before I sat down in a church. I do believe personaly that religious people are ignorant. Not stupid or moronic or retarded, ignorant. Ignorant because they blind themselves because it's too hard to grasp reality. It's too hard to grasp that our loved ones have died. That when we die the thing that most probably happens is... wait for it... nothing. Nothing happens. We stop existing. Life is too hard for some people. It's ignorant to blind yourself so you don't have to face the real world.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

We are meant to questions our beliefs, it is a test of faith.
So why you may not believe in such a thing as faith, you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing.
When you ask questions, and truly mean it, you will get an answer, in one way or the other.
The answers are the lessons we learn, and the faith is revealed by enduring it.

PLPL

Total nonsense.
People question beliefs because they are myths and make no sense at all.
And god is also a tyrant, not a loving god, not mercyful, not just.

Pray harder, pray harder!
Sorry pal, prayer does not work, ask all those people who held prayer vigils for all those dead miners, oh right, they didn't really mean it, they were not pious enough, what if the pope prayed for them, would it have been different?
And when I ask questions, I mean it, otherwise why ask a question?

Nonsense.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Watch these videos and prepare to have your mind BLOWN...

No thanks, do you pass out bibles and preach on street corners trying to convert people?
Well, that is what you are trying to do here.
I don't wish to sound rude, but when my non-beliefs are disrespected by someone shovelling their beliefs down my throat, I start sounding rude. It's a normal human response.
I don't mean to, I am just laying out my thoughts and emotions..

Are these videos based on science fact or faith? If faith it lacks fact, therefore a waste of my time to watch.

Tell you what, I'll start watching the first one, but my mind will NOT be blown, I am sure of that.

Mind NOT blown, sorry.
edit on 24-12-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join