It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal navy jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hi i'm thinking about going to the ropyal navy but i dont know if i want to go in as a artificer(engineer) or to try to go for pilot.
The articifer's are being dumped, most probably i would be signed to a very crappy job.

I dont know if i want to go for pilot which would be fun,great and would allow me to fly aircraft. But i would not get any of the qualifications an artificer would get.

I dont know what to do, any ideas?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I tried to get in the RAF as a pilot in '78 but didn't fancy a three year degree course at the time so changed my application to Weapons Tech. Needless to say I later decided that wasn't a good choice and went into computer analysis instead.

If you want to join the Air Force, my opinion is to go for pilot. The pay isn't bad, you get to fly fast jets and once you leave the military you can easily get a position as a commercial pilot.

[Edited on 25-10-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I would think which trade you decide to go for would depend on your long term plans.

If you intend to make a career of the navy, a pilot would be a good choice. You would be more highly paid, so get a better pension, then at the end of your 22 years (or whatever), you will still be young enough to train for a completely different job if you wish.

If you're looking to use the navy a training ground for your career, you would need to look at something that will give a long string of qualifications you can take to civvy street with you.

new topics

join