Adam Lanza did not use an assault rifle, hand guns only.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
everytime some mistakes in the official version are pointed out, they correct the version. so after some people pointed out, that the firearm war discovered in the car and raised further question, they had to change it... I am really not into discussing about such massacres, but something fishy is going on. the whole story just makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ok, I've given this NBC story of "only handguns were used" a few more minutes of thought--and it hit me!

I'm pretty confident in saying that we will never know the actual facts of this shooting. And as for me, I absolutely DO care what guns the media SAYS were used.

What if the media has been ordered to report this script or is now going with this story (for whatever reason) that only handguns were used in the school to kill all 26? If that is indeed what they are going with, after all the contradictory reports from the last week, I believe this has to be a deeper conspiracy to immediately GO AFTER ALL GUNS including HANDGUNS, which would leave American citizens stripped of their constitutional right to bear arms. Imagine the domino effect if that type of legislation gets approved!!

Is this plausible? Does this administration have the "audacity"?

This video has to be from the same day as the shooting right? Can anyone confirm? That would make me feel better
edit on 23-12-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Gt real.....
They ARE going after ALL the guns......
It will just take some time and a few more events to traumatise your pea brains into obeying the
the created reactions they program......they dont give a snip about your goddamn kids...or you.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone has posted this but lets say that many of these mass shootings have been done by people with a form of hypnotism and thus considered innocent by the criminals who organized it and hence they just let them go free ?

If 1 person is caught then they take the fall and if the others get away then they could be considered exceptional and be spared for another hit later down the track ? All just conjecture by why is it nearly always the first reports state multiple shooters ?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The media are saying handgun so when they ban extended magazine for 'assault type weapons' it will flow to handguns and they will seem the same to the masses of asses who will follow this over the cliff. An HK with a 20 round mag is what I want, not 6-8 shots. That is why I have the HK. It is a handgun not an assault pistol but I guarantee it will be not to soon when we start to hear that.

However, it was a Bushmaster he used. One of the weapons at least. I can confirm that for you from a discussion with someone who was onsite as well as their husband. He has 100's of rounds and only killed himself when LEO's showed up. He shot in the front door, buzzed himself in and started shooting.

Also, you are right that he did not use an assault rifle. That term should be reserved for military grade/selector switch full auto weapons. A M4 Bushmaster is simply a rifle made to look like an assault rifle.
edit on 23-12-2012 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
I believe this has to be a deeper conspiracy to immediately GO AFTER ALL GUNS including HANDGUNS, which would leave American citizens stripped of their constitutional right to bear arms. Imagine the domino effect if that type of legislation gets approved!!

If a ban on all handguns, all high capacity shotguns and all semi automatic rifles (excluding bolt action) were enacted tomorrow. What would be the immediate consequences? What would be the domino effect?

The UK did this and the only weapon an unlicensed civilian may own is a 3 shell capacity 'long' shotgun. The domino effect we have seen has been virtually nonexistent. There were 3 police firearm discharges last year, down from 10 10 years ago. I'm pretty happy with that.

Do you think the 2nd amendment specifies which weapons you can have? Do you think that you should be permitted every weapon?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Better re- read your sources. Where it's legal to own them all you need to do is jump thru some silly hoops and pay the class 3 tax (200 bucks or so) to own these devices. No FFL required! My brother owns suppressors and some of his friends have full autos. Makes for good fun at the gravel pit. Sorry man but you are wrong.

Heck, I live in CT and can legally purchase and own a full auto. The silly hoop here is the police chief has to ok the purchase, unless one has a legal device know as a "gun trust" then I'm free to buy silencers, full auto machine guns, class 3 whatevers...to my hearts content without the local police chiefs signature. Another silly thing about the law in CT regarding full autos is they can only be "full auto" no select fire. And silencers have to be of the "quick disconnect" rather than threaded on variety. *shrug* So much silliness!

Anyway, I thought I would add something on topic to this, so....

I hope that if this is true, and a cover up is being instigated, that they do a crappy job and it all blows up in their face, because an event such as this should never be used to push a political agenda.
edit on 23-12-2012 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

double posted too late damn

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
The media are saying handgun so when they ban extended magazine for 'assault type weapons' it will flow to handguns and they will seem the same to the masses of asses who will follow this over the cliff. An HK with a 20 round mag is what I want, not 6-8 shots. That is why I have the HK. It is a handgun not an assault pistol but I guarantee it will be not to soon when we start to hear that.

However, it was a Bushmaster he used. One of the weapons at least. I can confirm that for you from a discussion with someone who was onsite as well as their husband. He has 100's of rounds and only killed himself when LEO's showed up. He shot in the front door, buzzed himself in and started shooting.

Also, you are right that he did not use an assault rifle. That term should be reserved for military grade/selector switch full auto weapons. A M4 Bushmaster is simply a rifle made to look like an assault rifle.

No, he did NOT use a bushmaster. Whatever that person who was 'onsite as well as their husband' told you is incorrect. He DID NOT USE A RIFLE.

ONLY 4 handguns were recovered inside the school. Not two, not a rifle, but FOUR handguns. There was no rifle present at the school AT ALL. Not in the car, not in the school. In the trunk of the car was a shotgun, NOT a rifle.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-12-2012 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

it looked like a semi auto shotgun or an stg44 even though the 7.92x33mm kurz looks shorter and a little fatter different than the 556

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by angrysniper

it looked like a semi auto shotgun or an stg44 even though the 7.92x33mm kurz looks shorter and a little fatter different than the 556

It was a Saiga.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Just because a reporter got something wrong or someone is misquoted does not a conspiracy make. The actual crime had barely taken place and people think all the facts are in and that's that. There's no cover-up. You guys just invent one so you can play detective. Knock yourselves out but this is why actual conspiracies get laughed at.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Like it matters.

The 94 AWB came in because of handgun crime.

Rifles of any type have never been more than 2% of the overall firearm related crimes statistics.

If we're supposed to believe safety or saving lives is the point then if we ignore all the other high death things like 400,000 a year from tobacco or 30,000 a year from cars and we work our way down to gun deaths still we'll have handguns and shotguns before we get into rifle deaths.

But hey. What do I know. I'm just the only one in the room who isnt a complete idiot. It sure feels that way sometimes.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Def Youth

well in the beginning yes, they are usually laughed at until the end results come out and the coroner sounds like hes on heroin. i have been to seattle i know heroin users when i see them

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Def Youth
Just because a reporter got something wrong or someone is misquoted does not a conspiracy make. The actual crime had barely taken place and people think all the facts are in and that's that. There's no cover-up. You guys just invent one so you can play detective. Knock yourselves out but this is why actual conspiracies get laughed at.

Because there is just one discrepancy in the reports... Only one at all. We're just making this stuff up so we can be miserable and think the bogey man is out to get us.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm just a lunatic who wants to think his government is hiding things. Ostrich syndrome will never cease to amaze me... I'm starting to feel people who don't question inconsistencies and patterns in these events are actually part of the cover up. (Not saying you were involved, but claiming nothing sinister happened because its been 9 days since then, and you already have all the info you need to move along with, is astounding)
edit on 23-12-2012 by sticky because: (no reason given)
edit on 23-12-2012 by sticky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

it's like looking at a sleeping giant and saying "awww look hes dreaming"

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The two pistols were found inside the school and a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle was found in the back of his mother's car in the parking lot.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Three weapons were recovered from the school on Friday: [color=#BFFF00]a semi-automatic .223 caliber rifle made by Bushmaster found in a car in the school parking lot, and two pistols made by Glock and a Sig Sauer found with suspected gunman Adam Lanza's body, a law enforcement source said previously.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

All three law enforcement officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the record about the unfolding investigation.

The gunman drove to the school in his mother's car, the second official said. Three guns were found — a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, inside the school, [color=#BFFF00]and a .223-caliber rifle in the back of a car.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Lanza was found dead inside the school of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Two semi-automatic handguns were found near his body and [color=#BFFF00]a .223 assault rifle was found in a car. Those weapons were bought and registered in Nancy Lanza's name. The official didn't specify the types of additional weapons found at the home.

www.usatoday.com...

Orr reports that authorities found two guns on the gunman's body, a Glock 9 mm pistol and a Sig Sauer pistol. [color=#BFFF00]A Bushmaster assault rifle was found in the vehicle, Orr reports.

Meanwhile, a law enforcement official says authorities found more guns inside the school than the initial two that had been reported. The official would not say what type of guns were found but says all the weapons were being traced by state and federal authorities. The official was not authorized to speak to reporters about the investigation and spoke only on condition of anonymity.

www.wtsp.com...

Investigators were trying to learn more about the gunman, Adam Lanza, and questioned his older brother, who is not believed to have been involved in the rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary.

Lanza shot his mother, Nancy Lanza, drove to the school in her car with at least three guns, [color=#BFBF00]including a high-powered rifle that he apparently left in the back of the vehicle, and shot up two classrooms around 9:30 a.m. Friday, law enforcement officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yes in some states WITH a FFL you can own a full auto weapon. Civilians w/o an FFL can not own them. I have done my research, my grandfather used to hold an FFL and owned a gunshop for many years.

Please do further research. You are flat-out, 100% incorrect yet you keep arguing the point anyway.

Civilians can own full automatic weapons, short barrel rifles/shotguns, and suppressors without an FFL in most states with a full background check, fingerprints, local LE chief sign-off, $200 tax, registration, and a 3-6 month wait. Furthermore, a standard FFL holder CAN NOT own such weapons IN ANY STATE without further licensing from the ATF or if they go through the same process as any other private owner. Simply having an 01 FFL does not permit a person to possess or sell NFA restricted firearms. Period. In order to purchase a full-auto firearm, one must go through a dealer who has the proper licensing to deal in NFA firearms. Your average gun store/pawn shop does not have this type of license.

Regardless what you think you know through second-hand/third-hand information, I have been through the legal process to own registered NFA firearms two times now and I do not have an FFL, nor do my friends who own such firearms including full-auto and suppressors. A quick Google search will give you the info you need.

The last thing we need right now is more incorrect information being spread.
edit on 12/23/2012 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by exponent

A "bolt action" rifle is not a "semi automatic" by definition (since the shooter has to operate the bolt to eject and advance a round) altho they can have a magazine so that a round does not have to be manually loaded into the chamber for each shot.
edit on 23-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
So. In reality, there are still no clear indications or facts being shared as to how many gun Nancy Lanza owned. Or how many were found at the school or in a trunk or in her home or which ones shot whom or if the weapons in either or both places were hers. Just speculation, rumors, and more speculation.

Another one of the most shamefully misreported and opportunistic stories in recent history. Fact checking has gone the way of the dinosaur to be replaced by gossip. Sad.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join