Adam Lanza did not use an assault rifle, hand guns only.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

clearly you don't since you dont knwo there are many states where you can legally own a fully automatic rifle, on top of that why would they be trying to ban something you cant buy lol... luisiana for 1 you can most definately buy a full auto rifle not that its easy but you can...

also there has been mention he used a full auto bushmaster... so yah

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a quick e-bay article on buying a fully automatic weapon..possible but very very very unlikly for the average person..and expensive..full criminal background check, you submitt fingerprints and to photos...

www.ehow.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Weight per 100 rounds (lbs): 2.63 for 9mm ammo so lets say I carry then 300 rounds in clips ready to rock and roll which I probably wouldn't even take that much..

so that is what, 15lbs at most with the clips.. My laptop weights about 8lbs and I hardly notice it in a messenger bag so I could easily carry another 8lbs or so in a messenger bag...

Now since he would be taking it into a school where obviously no one is armed, none of the kids would try to attack you even if they did you can shoot them as they come up to you and same with any teachers which there wouldn't be that many..

So changing mags isn't like ur getting shot at while ur trying to change, you can carry enough ammo to kill at least 200 people if you are a bad shot even 150 if you really suck at shooting..

so feel free to ban assault rifiles but dont do it under the guise of safety or make up stories that they were used to kill kids becuase I would never bring one I would stick with my 9mm which is easy to buy anywhere and so are clips and ammo and it shoots as fast as I can pull the trigger and I can swap mags faster then you can say dont shoot...

Sure, if all of those rounds are in a can or box. If they are all in magazines then that is a different story. It's not really the weight, but the awkwardness of having all of those magazines positioned on your body on a vest, in pockets, etc. It just isn't practical

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Perhaps there is but we don't know about it yet and neither does there chief medical examiner who states that all deaths were caused by "long gun" rounds.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

THIS IS ROY LOW www.youtube.com...

Everyone has a conspiracy theroy about what Roy Low saw.

Has anyone tried to interview Roy Low?

Does Alex Jones or Jeff Rense want to speak with Roy Low?

Does Pete Santilli want to speak with Roy Low?

Roy Low knows about school security @ 0:23 www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

There is nothing easy about carrying 40 handgun magazines around with you. The scrawny little punk that supposedly did this couldn't carry around that kind of weight and function efficiently. Not to mention, the countless hours of repetitious training required to be proficient enough to reload that fast, acquire targets, etc.

As far as the "assault" rifle being used or not... I don't know what to believe anymore, and to be honest I don't really care and it doesn't really matter. The propaganda machine will tell the story they want to tell, regardless of the holes or contradictions. If "someone else" did this and used Lanza as the patsy, they were pretty sloppy to leave a bunch of spent brass laying around and no matching weapon.

4 handguns 1 extra mag would make would make the number of rounds just over 100. He could with no problem have taken 40 clips with him in a bag or large pockets. Its not hard to understand. It would have only been around 25lbs.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Perhaps there is but we don't know about it yet and neither does there chief medical examiner who states that all deaths were caused by "long gun" rounds.

I am very eager for the final police findings in this. It will be very telling. Obviously, if even one single .223 casing was found on the scene, but they are going to stick to the handguns story, something is way off. On the other hand, we dont know yet what the official report will say, so until then, this is just conjecture.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

sure for an assult rifle.. like I said I can put 300rounds in mags and have a weight of maybe 16lbs lets even go 20lbs to be fair.. im talking 9mm rounds in clips not banana clips for rifles..

You can very easily fill up your laptop bag or messenger bag full of these just sitting in there in no special order... and easily just pull out clips and swap out.. at most you would have to turn the clip around if you pick it up upside down..

not really hard at all to do, and anyone who can shoot a gun can hit a person sized target all day long from 10ft or less which shoul dhave been about how far away he was...

I am just saying this is my argument that its stupid to say oh lets ban assault rifles that will solve the problem.. I have proven very easily that without an assault rifle I could have gone in and killed just as many if not more people with an easily bought 9mm hand gun and I am sure most people would agree that they would rather use a handgun rather then a full auto rifle for this type of scenario because assault rifles aren't exactly made for precision shooting unlike a handgun.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Is there even evidence that the handguns were used except for the fatal shot (apparently "self inflicted") on Adam Lanza? As more contradictory evidence mounts the more it appears that Lanza could have been used as a patsy.

He could have been hit by one of his own shots coming back at him for all we know.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

the ..'reports' say he took his own life...some even say he shot himself while the police were entering the school.....the timeline line doesnt make sense....this....www.dailymail.co.uk... it was over in 3 minutes...

this..www.dailymail.co.uk... ys the police showed up 10 minutes after the shooting started.....and also states agin that the rifle was found in the car.....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think it will be a stretch to find the truth if people keep posting threads withou checking facts or corelating them....
The reports have been several....
One, it was two handguns they found by the body of Lanza
Two it was four handguns they found.....
It was handguns and the "assault" rifle....
The rile was reported as being in the trunk...
Then it was reported as a shotgun....
MSM has been guilty of over reporting as well as hyping up the emotional fervour of the people.....thid according to some seeming agenda IMHO.
The victims suffered 223 cal multiple wounds....
Last i heard 178 rounds were so far accounted for...Sparing one for himself "theoretically at least"That leaves 177 rounds fired...
From 30 rnd 223 mags THAT AMOUNTS TO 6 mags...a load easily carried in a pouch or two...
With 9 mm at 15-20 shots per clip a lot more mags would be involved....
This of course does not count strays or misses.....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Not in the US possession of any Class 3 destructive device is illegal. An FFL is the only legal manner to own one.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

You are wrong.NFA weapons are not leagal for any civilian to own w/o proper licensing. They are trying to ban "assualt weapons" (which is a misnomer) and lumps high capacity semi-auto weapons in to that catigory.(Real Assault Weapons) Please show me where it was mentioned he used an automatic weapon....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Some of you people are really daft. It does not take training to shoot something from 10, 20, or even 30ft away. Those who think that are absolutely clueless about firearms.

The only question that needs to be asked is why some of you feel the need to turn this tragedy into a false flag, conspiracy, or whatever it is you are trying to prove.

This was a horrific tragedy carried out by a screwed up 20 something year old. I just hope the families of the victims never see the crap you are pushing. News reporters are not infallible they never have been. I find the efforts of those who are trying to make this a conspiracy disgusting those of you doing this should be ashamed of yourselves.

I spend a fair amount of time at the range, at specifically 20 and 30 feet. I think you are being disingenuous.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican

Not in the US possession of any Class 3 destructive device is illegal. An FFL is the only legal manner to own one.
do your research. There are ways to own a full auto in some states.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yes in some states WITH a FFL you can own a full auto weapon. Civilians w/o an FFL can not own them. I have done my research, my grandfather used to hold an FFL and owned a gunshop for many years.

The National Firearms Act ("NFA"), 72nd Congress, Sess. 2, ch. 757, 48 Stat. 1236, enacted on June 26, 1934, currently codified as amended as 26 U.S.C. ch. 53, is an Act of Congress in the United States that, in general, imposes a statutory excise tax on the manufacture and transfer of certain firearms and mandates the registration of those firearms. The Act was passed shortly after the repeal of Prohibition. The NFA is also referred to as Title II of the Federal firearms laws. The Gun Control Act of 1968 ("GCA") is Title I.

All transfers of ownership of registered NFA firearms must be done through the federal NFA registry. The NFA also requires that transport of NFA firearms across state lines by the owner must be reported to the ATF.

NFA

Types of weapons controled....
The National Firearms Act of 1968 (NFA) defines a number of categories of regulated firearms. These weapons are collectively known as NFA firearms and include the following:

Machine guns—this includes any firearm which can fire more than 1 cartridge per trigger pull. Both continuous fully automatic fire and "burst fire" (i.e., firearms with a 3-round burst feature) are considered machine gun features. The weapon's receiver is by itself considered to be a regulated firearm.

Short-barreled rifles (SBRs)—this category includes any firearm with a buttstock and either a rifled barrel under 16" long or an overall length under 26". The overall length is measured with any folding or collapsing stocks in the extended position. The category also includes firearms which came from the factory with a buttstock that was later removed by a third party.

Short barreled shotguns (SBSs)—this category is defined similarly to SBRs, but the barrel must be at least 18" instead of 16", and the barrel must be a smoothbore. The minimum overall length limit remains 26".

Silencers —this includes any portable device designed to muffle or disguise the report of a portable firearm. This category does not include non-portable devices, such as sound traps used by gunsmiths in their shops which are large and usually bolted to the floor.

Destructive Devices (DDs)—there are two broad classes of destructive devices:

Devices such as grenades, bombs, explosive missiles, poison gas weapons, etc.
Any firearm with a bore over 0.50 except for shotguns or shotgun shells which have been found to be generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes. (Many firearms with bores over 0.50", such as 12-gauge shotguns, are exempted from the law because they have been determined to have a "legitimate sporting use".)
Any Other Weapons (AOWs)—this is a broad "catch-all" category used to regulate any number of firearms which the BATFE under the NFA enforces registration and taxation. Examples include, among others:

1) Smooth-bore pistols 2) Pen guns and cane guns 3) A firearm with combinations smooth bore and rifle barrels 12 inches or more but less than 18 inches in length from which only a single shot can be made from either barrel. 4) Disguised firearms 5) Firearms that can be fired from within a wallet holster or a briefcase 6) A short-barreled shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip and no buttstock is categorized as an AOW (smooth-bore pistol) rather than a Short Barrel Shotgun (SBS), because the Gun Control Act describes a shotgun as, “…designed or redesigned to be fired from the shoulder…” 7) Handguns with a forward vertical grip.

edit on 22-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

but but but he spent "16 hours a day playing Call fo Duty" so of course Lanza was a top-notch marksman.

So are we suppose to believe the media with their next version of the story?
edit on 22-12-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Its impossible to figure out what is true with this shooting and what is fantasy.

The media has been doing enough FLIP-FLOPPING on this event to make even Mitt Romney (the KING of flip-flopping) feel envious.

Its a planned event and they are now getting caught in all their LIES. Good to see many Americans opening their eyes on this one!!

Get properly trained ARMED STAFF in our children's schools and these shootings will end. SIMPLE EFFECTIVE solution that will work!!!!!!
edit on 22-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

i agree on the patsy idea. i see some patterns of inconsistency here

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

i agree on the patsy idea. i see some patterns of inconsistency here

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join