It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control: Demand A Plan America.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

I already knew about that, and I did ask in another thread if gun control could become a federal issue rather than a state one in theory because I can see how some consistency could help to reduce some of the problems.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Maybe the "giverment" will try to classify recipients of welfare as wards of the state and then forbid them to own firearms in an attempt to disarm the poorer neighborhoods. I doubt it tho.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Learn some manors buddy

@ "manors"

In regards to this thread ----> SIGH!!!! Not this CRAP again!! Another FAIL of a thread with nothing but silliness to "support" it!! Are you another delusional gun-hater from the UK by any chance??

Also, in your reply above, the word you were looking for is not "manors" but spelled "manners". If you are going to make a thread and want to appear somewhat 'credible' and having a slight lick of intelligence, AT LEAST try to reply without making silly elementary grammar errors.
Hard enough to take your thread seriously as it is already, "buddy".

edit on 22-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You know what ATS,

Don’t bother

Don’t bother posting on this thread,

It was created to have a conversation about gun control,

I have come to realise that ATS is incapable of intellectual mature debate without resorting to personal attacks and points that do not address the issue at hand.

How about you all grow up.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You know what ATS,

Don’t bother

Don’t bother posting on this thread,

It was created to have a conversation about gun control,

I have come to realise that ATS is incapable of intellectual mature debate without resorting to personal attacks and points that do not address the issue at hand.

How about you all grow up.

FAREWELL!!

Another one bites the dust!!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

Please note,

I have two degrees

I am also dyslexic.

You’re a pathetic oxygen thief who does nothing to contribute to the debate, your bully-boy comment does nothing to add to the debate nor do may of the ones above you.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

edit on 22-12-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Please note,

I have two degrees

I am also dyslexic.

You’re a pathetic oxygen thief who does nothing to contribute to the debate, your bully-boy comment does nothing to add to the debate nor do may of the ones above you.

Two degrees? Bit of a bluff, my friend?

Hard to believe that one as I assumed you were of preteen age. Instead of 2 degrees, I have to therefore assume that you actually mean 2nd grade. As in "2 grades", and not of "2 degrees", yea? Yes!!

Oh, since we are discussing credentials, I am a reincarnation of Albert Einstein, and I am also the real Superman!!! Yes its true cause I typed it here so its gotta be true, yes?

edit on 22-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

link   

Let’s talk about this sensibly please.....

America has a problem with Guns, it needs to be fixed, a plan is needed and the American public must demand a plan, it is already too late as this past year has shown.

America does not have a problem with guns. It has a problem with public and private sector corruption, indoctrination instead of education and critical thinking, race/group polarization, debt slavery, class separation, privatization, inequality in the legal system and an imperialistic corporatized foreign policy. Most of this being promoted as "good things" by the MSM and Hollyweird. The plan to demand would be to end the aforementioned BS.

I am not saying ban guns, what I am saying is that something, anything needs to be done before it is your child’s name that the President reads off at a memorial ceremony.

Please see above.

Yes I respect that Americans value their guns but something needs to be done, a plan is needed some kind of gun control changes are needed. When it comes to gun control emotions understandable run high, many see guns as a way of life, a part of culture, a tool, a hobby and a fundamental “right” but the sad truth is that some also see guns as a means to kill and at the end of the day that is the ultimate function of guns to kill.

When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty. Take away all the guns and only the criminals will have the guns, both public and private sector criminals which of course leads us into tyranny.

As such something has to be done about this, the answer I honestly do not know there are some justifiable reasons for owning a gun, although I must say I fail to see why anyone would need to own a AK-47 for example.

A government moving towards tyranny, would that be a good reason? Because they rarely if ever jam and they are a pretty nice gun to fire.

This is a problem that cannot be fixed overnight, it will take a couple of generations at least however now is the time to start acting to protect the future generations of Americans and all sides need to understand this.

Education rather than indoctrination. Teach people that their rights end where someone else's begin and do this by example in the government. Can you say uneccesary wars for corporate profit that disenfranchise the rights of the people of invaded countries? Sure knew ya could....

I don’t know if the above video has been posted before, but I agree with the message, the American public should demand a plan to change the American attitude towards guns and to bring about greater gun control.

Yeah, "something has to be done" as you repeated over and over again, but you offer no potential solution. So I'll give you one, don't change the gun laws, rather have the police and military uphold the constitution and the laws of the United States of America. Put all the criminal politicians and bankers in jail where they belong and go from there. Arm the teachers, the NRA doesn't need to put a guard at every school, a single guard is the first person that would be taken out. If a nutbar knew there were teachers with guns but didn't know which teachers, the gunman has no established target which makes this kind of Newtown scenario improbable.

When I lived in Africa I conceal carried (with a permit of course) for years, I never shot anyone in anger or because of an argument, I always stayed calm in heated situations, even in hot zones (panic and lose your head, you lose your head). Something to remember is, regardless of how good you think you are, there is always someone else faster, smarter, more accurate, with a bigger gun or just plain luckier than you, so everyone generally plays nicely. If you really wanted to fight, you'd park your guns and hire a boxing ring. An idiot gunman in a school (or any scenario) would find out very quickly that his plans are short lived if a large number of people in the area he/she is attacking are armed and prepared to use those weapons to protect their neighbors, bystanders and children. It's a good deterrent against idiocy.

Cheers - Dave

link   

Please note,

I have two degrees

I am also dyslexic.

Seriously...?

Even if what you said is true, what does it matter here on the internet?
edit on 12/22/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The internet is always full of genius people with 16in pricks

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Learn some manors buddy
A manor is generally a large stately home. Why would that apply here and what would he use it for?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
not being rude just pointed out to you that the video that you posted while being stupid and makes no sense as well as all of the hypocrites they put in that video make their livings off guns, singing about them, shooting them, acting with them, married to gun users, ect... Is ridiculous of a video that we already have a thread about so feel free to go comment on that one instead of making a new one..

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

May I ask WHY the Europeans, Chinese, Russians and other slave peoples are so interested in disarming the US citizen? Hell, why don't we adopt Mexico's strict gun policy... there are no gun murders there! Great idea, then we can be just like the rest of you (and by the way you guys talk on the boards, you seem to have a zealousness in your wish to see us disarmed victims in my opinion, as though you can't wait to get some joy as our crime rates, rape victims, and body counts skyrocket and we cannot fight back) ,under the boot of criminals and corruption... no thank you.

The Brit argument usually is "There is nothing in my house worth taking a human life" (The victim helpless mentality) while the US reality is "There is nothing in my house worth loosing your life for criminal scum".

This post from a few years ago sums it up nicely:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We need to ban the sale of long pointed kitchen knives:
www.bmj.com...

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Brits urged to leave sheds open for thieves!
www.dailyindia.com...

"Don't padlock your shed; it can save the shed being damaged if someone does try to get into it. If there is a break-in, always inform the police," the Telegraph quoted its guide as reading. ... Terry Nichols, 71, a retired engineering consultant, who has rented a plot at the site for more than 25 years, said: "It beggars belief that the council is telling us to leave our sheds wide open so that anyone can get in them. Everyone who has an allotment has been sent a letter. I have never read anything so ridiculous in all my life. I doubt the council would pay up if the sheds were burgled while they were left unlocked."

I understand the brits are terrified of guns, I guess they are trying to get them out of the way before they move here once driven from their country

edit on 22-12-2012 by infolurker because: add link

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Learn some manors buddy
A manor is generally a large stately home. Why would that apply here and what would he use it for?
How would someone learn a building anyway?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

very carefully

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

<< 1   >>

join