It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control: Demand A Plan America.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Let’s talk about this sensibly please.

America has a problem with Guns, it needs to be fixed, a plan is needed and the American public must demand a plan, it is already too late as this past year has shown.

I am not saying ban guns, what I am saying is that something, anything needs to be done before it is your child’s name that the President reads off at a memorial ceremony.

Yes I respect that Americans value their guns but something needs to be done, a plan is needed some kind of gun control changes are needed. When it comes to gun control emotions understandable run high, many see guns as a way of life, a part of culture, a tool, a hobby and a fundamental “right” but the sad truth is that some also see guns as a means to kill and at the end of the day that is the ultimate function of guns to kill.

As such something has to be done about this, the answer I honestly do not know there are some justifiable reasons for owning a gun, although I must say I fail to see why anyone would need to own a AK-47 for example.

This is a problem that cannot be fixed overnight, it will take a couple of generations at least however now is the time to start acting to protect the future generations of Americans and all sides need to understand this.

I don’t know if the above video has been posted before, but I agree with the message, the American public should demand a plan to change the American attitude towards guns and to bring about greater gun control.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
learn to use search.. same crap already posted.. already thread talking about this.. stupidest video ever made make no sense.. all the morons in it use guns or are married to gun using gangsters.. What a crock of crap..

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Should we ban bulldozers as well? Stop blaming tools.

Look nothing will ever be 100% certain. No one will ever be able to be prepared for every eventuality. We have had to deal with crazy people all through history. The recent killings seem to me more spur of the moment however this video demonstrates that crazy’s will plan ahead as well. This video is a perfect demonstration of how you can’t blame the tools. Should we ban bulldozers? BTW the weapons he had were not assault rifles he actually had a bolt action in there. Reporters can sensationalize things even more with incorrect terminology.

My state is voting to put armed guards at schools many have had them for a very long time. There is no guarantee that this measure will prevent another tragedy like SH but it at least gives them a fighting chance. We protect the things we believe to be valuable that’s why banks will have security I believe the children are far more valuable than any amount of money so it is only common sense to protect them. I would like to see several police at our schools I had them at many schools I went to and it served multiple purposes one was improving relations between kids and police. I was friends with one even though I was a troublemaker he was kind and offered good advice. Face it there isn’t going to be a repeal of the 2nd amendment in any way. There will probably be nothing done to improve the mental healthcare system the only common sense thing to do is protect those we love.

Even if there was a ban on certain weapons it would do nothing to affect the ones already on the market many people like me have acquired all of their weapons through private sales where I didn’t need to register a single one. Laws do not faze criminals it is absurd to think otherwise. Placing security at all schools is a deterrent and a measure of protection. We will never be able to guarantee the safety of everyone the only place I can say is 100% secure would be Fort Knox but at least some measure like armed security is better than none.

Without guns people use bombs, knives, swords, or bull dozers... Where there is a will there is a way.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Learn some manors buddy

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
just ban everything. put everyone in jail, police state, martial law, put military personel and secret police in every st corner.. take away all right that we still have for now at least.. let the rich and bankers control everything not just most things like they do now.. give gov 100% control over everything you do.. That will make everyone safe..

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Here is a new idea....

are ya ready?

how about enforcing the laws that are already
on the books before creating new ones.

There are more than enough laws to control gun's
its just a lot are not enforced or followed up on.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I demand a plan that people shut up about it.

Funny to me everyone yelling gun control for America but they are NOT talking about disarming the cops.

Also funny to me are the Chinese and Russians yelling that America should disarm her citizens.
Very funny.

Shootings still happen in places that have been very, very disarmed.

I ain't buying any of it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Certainly a very good idea, if there is a substantial lack of law enforcement when it comes to gun control then perhaps a very good start would be to actually start putting more emphasis on enforcing the law and also making it easier to enforce.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why are you scared? Don't you live across the pond? Shouldn't you be more horrified that the criminal government of America is using it's military to do their biddings killing innocent people in other countries?

I don't see Americans telling you how you should live and what laws you should have to live by!!!

I really don't understand why people who live in other countries try to tell others how to live? Now if you wanted to bash the US government for how they allow our military to be used to kill people in countries other than their own, THAT I CAN understand! But isn't this like the third thread that you have made bashing Americans for their laws and their rights as American citizens???

What's your angle here bro, or are you pretending to be someone you really aren't?

edit on 22-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

it would make sense to me to go though the books and
make sure they are following the law's already there,
then look at the area's where there could be improvement
or law's to get rid of, then worry about creating more laws.

I know our govt though, congress love's to pass new law's.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

This is the second thread I have on the issue of guns and America, I have no angle and I am not pretending to be anyone nor am I “scared” or anything regarding American gun laws.

I can see how it must be rather frustrating having people from other countries point out that you have a problem with guns.

There are some aspects of American foreign policy that I find just as shocking if not more so that domestic policy regarding gun ownership. The reason I have not made a thread about that is because I have discussed it in the past and will no doubt chose to do so in the future.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Let’s talk about this sensibly please.

America has a problem with Guns, it needs to be fixed, a plan is needed and the American public must demand a plan, it is already too late as this past year has shown.

I am not saying ban guns, what I am saying is that something, anything needs to be done before it is your child’s name that the President reads off at a memorial ceremony.

Yes I respect that Americans value their guns but something needs to be done, a plan is needed some kind of gun control changes are needed. When it comes to gun control emotions understandable run high, many see guns as a way of life, a part of culture, a tool, a hobby and a fundamental “right” but the sad truth is that some also see guns as a means to kill and at the end of the day that is the ultimate function of guns to kill.

As such something has to be done about this, the answer I honestly do not know there are some justifiable reasons for owning a gun, although I must say I fail to see why anyone would need to own a AK-47 for example.

This is a problem that cannot be fixed overnight, it will take a couple of generations at least however now is the time to start acting to protect the future generations of Americans and all sides need to understand this.

I don’t know if the above video has been posted before, but I agree with the message, the American public should demand a plan to change the American attitude towards guns and to bring about greater gun control.

"I am not saying ban guns, what I am saying is that something, anything needs to be done before it is your child’s name that the President reads off at a memorial ceremony"?

That is an excellent example of fear mongering. Also, where I stopped taking your post serious.

edit on 22-12-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Out of interest then would you support a move to look at the country as a whole to find out what state has the most effective gun control laws and then apply them through all of America?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

That is an excellent example of fear mongering. Also, where I stopped taking your post serious.

Its not fear mongering, these shootings have happened many times in the past year.

It is likely that unless something is done then it will happen next year.

What I am saying is that there is a need of some kind of plan to prevent this.

To be clear this could include something as extreme as having armed guards in schools if this where proven to be effective.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Out of interest then would you support a move to look at the country as a whole to find out what state has the most effective gun control laws and then apply them through all of America?

It has already been done, and people have posted the results many times on ATS!!! The cities that have the strictest gun control laws are the cities with the most gun crimes!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

This is the second thread I have on the issue of guns and America, I have no angle and I am not pretending to be anyone nor am I “scared” or anything regarding American gun laws.

I can see how it must be rather frustrating having people from other countries point out that you have a problem with guns.

There are some aspects of American foreign policy that I find just as shocking if not more so that domestic policy regarding gun ownership. The reason I have not made a thread about that is because I have discussed it in the past and will no doubt chose to do so in the future.

The frustrating part is that you keep referring to a constitutional right we have in this country as a "problem".

It's not a problem, the problem lies with the people that commit these acts, not the tools they use to commit them.

link   

Does there exist then a set of statistics that show state by state gun crimes in relation to gun ownership that clearly shows more guns per head of population directly correlates to reduced gun crime, specifically homicide per head of population and further more is this consistent with in the literature.

If so a link or two would be appreciated.

link   

I want to jump in here, if I may. This would be an excellent starting point. One thing people outside of the US may not know, or may overlook is that each state does have authority over itself in some aspects. This is why certain states have assault weapons bans already in place, and some do not. The federal government relies on state governments to uphold laws and police the people on a regular basis. So if a state.... Say Texas, does not want to comply with a new federal law, it gets complicated between the federal and state authorities.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The fact that you and others fail to see the "need" of owning an AK-47 is irrelevant. I don't need to justify why I NEED to own one. Because so many people here on ATS and around America are obliviously ignorant to the real facts about the various types of firearms that are legally allowed to be sold, and those that are not, almost makes this conversation not worth having. I know, just the name AK-47 strikes fear in the heart of the ignorant. One may think of Russians, or Islamic terrorists, or whatever, and they also immediately think "machine gun" or "full auto", when there isn't ONE machine gun or ONE full auto being sold in ANY licensed gun store in America, save for the few class 3 dealers around the country, but the ATF is all over those stores like white on rice in a snowstorm to ensure that federal law is followed TO THE LETTER. Having said all of that,I will demand a plan...

LEAVE LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS LIKE ME ALONE. STOP USING MY LIBERTY AS AN EXCUSE FOR THE SHORT COMINGS OF PROGRESSIVE POLICIES.

Law abiding, responsible gun owners ARE NOT A THREAT TO ANYONE, except for the criminal that would kick in our front door or attempt to take my wallet in a dark parking lot. This issue isn't about gun control or public safety... it's about PEOPLE CONTROL and the destruction of liberty and individual sovereignty. The police state can not co-exist with an armed population. An armed population is the last stand against the globalist eugenics agenda. An unarmed population equals slavery.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join