It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen the documents or Mayan Writings on the 2012 thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok Iam a reasonably lazy person sometimes normally when I drink...which has been known to be often.
But depite watching the odd documentary on TV about this Mayan end of world thing, I cannot recall seeing the writings anywhere , that the Mayans wrote in connection to this event.

Has anyone?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

They didn't predict the end of the world, they created a time-map that plots Earth's movement through the heavens.

We've just moved into the Age of Aquarius ♥

The question we should be asking is how they knew about these cycles so long ago.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

You made me laugh

Utterly convincing evidence indeed.
Sort of sums up the whole 2012 movement .
Or not.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

We didn't.

The question we should be asking is how they knew about these cycles so long ago.
They didn't. At least, they didn't know anything about modern astrology. They were probably smarter than to pay any attention to that nonsense.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

There is a Mayan codex in a museum in Dresden, Germany i think. If you google or wiki mayan dresden codex you should be able to find some more information on what the writings mean, and maybe a direct translation. I saw it on a documentary too, and i remember the last picture, said predict the end of the world showed that people would be killed by floods. It just got me thinking actually, it started raining yesterday (21st) here in the uk and hasnt stopped since. Theres already a lot of flooding here and i just checked the weather forecast and it says rain every day for the next 10 days! Not saying this is the end of the world but an interesting coincidence i though.

Anyway, hope you find information on the dresden codex interesting/ useful
edit on 22-12-2012 by Reaper62 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You mean I'm wearing this flared jumpsuit for nothing?

I *knew* you we're going to correct me on this too....

What was it then, just a calendar? Does it correlate to the planet's movement at all?
edit on 22-12-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Beavers

We didn't.

They didn't. At least, they didn't know anything about modern astrology. They were probably smarter than to pay any attention to that nonsense.

But not smart enough not to poison their own water supply! XD

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

The Maya calendar? Apparently it tracks planetary, stellar, and solar "motion" quite well. But there's not much indication it involves anything like astrology much less anything like what modern astrologers talk about. It's a calendar based on the sky.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper62

Thanks for the info, it would be an eye opener though to know how many people have just listened to the interpretations of the Mayan calendar by shysters and so called experts.

Yes the weather around the world now is extreme ie Russia...England , Scotland,Israel, Ukraine, The Pacific ocean around Fiji, In Australia the UV index where I live is averaging 15.
Th eextreme rating starts at 8 from memory.
It is not on the news so I warn people in my signature.
Even on cloudy days the UV is 15 or even higher, but they can't report higher, because theoretically it should never happen.
They say the ozone layer is restoring itself...I really think the biggest cover up in modern times is that the thinning is right over latitudes North Of the Antartica right up to India.
And the thinning is permanent.
So the Mayans...may be spot on.
Who knows.
But it would be good to be able to see a translation in English about the Mayan thing .
I will delve into the info you alluded to so thanks.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

they did not.

People often confuse the doom and gloom Aztecs who believed in a periodic destruction of the earth with the Maya who believed in simply a renewal.

here is a good source. www.maya12-21-2012.com...

People even confuse the Aztec calendar as the Mayan calendar....

Basically it was all made up in the late 80´s and early 90´s by cults. No BS......

If people spent half as much time reading up on a culture they give so much credit to for the purpose of UNDERSTANDING it, rather than validating their assumptions on it, we would not have the awkward moments we go through every time some prophesy is about to be "fulfilled". We do this even with our own culture and its prophecies.

edit on 22-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Cheers Phage

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Thanks for the link and your incisiveness into the ignorance of most of us including myself on this subject.
Lots of creative folks or not have made ,graves full of money by entertaining millions across the globe , by scaring their scare needs over this issue.

We all deep down know we are going to die, our loved and cherised ones are going to and have died.
We don't want to collectively discuuss the facts, we are all in delusional mode.
Because we do not understand.
Your post for me , denys ignorance...so thanks mate.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Interesting. Sorry if this is a supid question but is the uv index significantly higher there than last summer there, or has it been increasing steadily over a number of years do you know?

Also, i saw a few people on youtube from oz claiming that nibiru or something similar was visible with the naked eye in the southern hemisphere now. Have you seen anything like that or was it just a hoax, or maybe venus or jupiter or something?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Beavers

"We've just moved into the Age of Aquarius ♥"

We didn't.

Ya sure? Well does this hold any water? (I did have to correct a typo in this quote, heh)

Some astrologers say the Age of Aquarius actually begins in 2012. That’s because they believe the star Regulus in the constellation Leo the Lion marked the ancient border between the constellations Leo and Cancer. This star moves to within 30o of the September equinox point in 2012, meaning that Regulus leaves the sign Leo to enter the sign Virgo this year. Presuming equal-sized constellations in antiquity, that places the border of the constellations Pisces and Aquarius at 150o west of Regulus, or at the March equinox point. By this reckoning, the Age of Aquarius starts in 2012

earthsky.org...

Edit: I didn't notice you said all modern astrology is nonsense. Its the Zodiac.. its ancient. Nevermind..
edit on 22-12-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Actually the OP raises an important and interesting question. As far as i can see the only thing that can be safely concluded is that the whole topic is a big mess. To my understanding the prophecies and the calendar are two separate thing. The first beeing based on monument 6 which is not complete and so forth open to interpretation by anyone who wishes to dig into it which means anything concluded should be taken as an interpretation and nothing more. The second based on the "mayan" calender which to my understanding is a calender based on celestial elements...nothing more, nothing less.

I never bought into the doomsday part of it as there is no practical indication that this might be the case. The prophecies might indicate some form of event, and it might not. If it does this might take a long time to play out even tho monument 6 might indicate winter solstice 2012 as some form of a peak or starting point.

Who knows but its still and interesting topic and although the "i told you so" peanut gallery is laughing their lungs out because the "preppers" were wrong, well, last word might just not be spoken yet. Interesting times we live in none the less.

I find it hard to research the topic due to so many interpretations from people who claim to know the one and only truth. If someone has the intel and research on the core source i would love to hear it!
edit on 22-12-2012 by tomra because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

In Australia it has always been that the more Northern latitudes have had higher cancer occurences due toi sun exposure.
But to answer your question the rise in the uV measurements has been increasing over the years.
Once a rating of 13 or more on the index would raise many eyebrows now it is normal.
Yesterday depite only been outside for an hour I was sunburnt ...ie red face.
And I was 99% driving .
I used to live a lot further south , it started approx 1980's onwards.
The thinning extended over Melbourne Australia and then just kept going.
The hole is over Antartica but almost reacehd Tasmania at one stage.
If the hole was over me now I would be dead very soon.
But the thinning is slower acting.
And the really crazy thing is in Queensland in the tourist zones , hardly anyone wears a hat.
The uVs go thru most clothing .
I was very careful, and never went out without a shirt on.
My whole back is covered with moles, because the UV goes through noprmal fabric.

The chinese supply us with our clothes.

But you can buy UV resistant clothes now , but 90 per cent of people do not have a clue about the implications.
I will be m,aking a thread soon about the link between dementia and the UV index soon.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Here, check this out:

December 23, 2012 is what is on this stone.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I've done quite a bit of research and what you'd find is that ancient cultures were very into astrological stuff, which is often seen is tripe by many people today.

The "End" of their calendar, was the end, and then, like ours, cyclical, so another beginning. Simply because it was the end did not imply any kind of cataclysmic end. In fact, it seemed far more likely that they saw an importance in longer periods of time or epochs.

If anything, the end of the cycle was seen as a time of great change. Time meaning years, even centuries, with an emphasis of change on the decades surrounding the date. If you take a look at the last 100 years, the last 60 years, the last 30, and the last 10, the notion seems more plausible than not.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionsWitness

In Australia it has always been that the more Northern latitudes have had higher cancer occurences due toi sun exposure.
But to answer your question the rise in the uV measurements has been increasing over the years.
Once a rating of 13 or more on the index would raise many eyebrows now it is normal.
Yesterday depite only been outside for an hour I was sunburnt ...ie red face.
And I was 99% driving .
I used to live a lot further south , it started approx 1980's onwards.
The thinning extended over Melbourne Australia and then just kept going.
The hole is over Antartica but almost reacehd Tasmania at one stage.
If the hole was over me now I would be dead very soon.
But the thinning is slower acting.
And the really crazy thing is in Queensland in the tourist zones , hardly anyone wears a hat.
The uVs go thru most clothing .
I was very careful, and never went out without a shirt on.
My whole back is covered with moles, because the UV goes through noprmal fabric.

The chinese supply us with our clothes.

But you can buy UV resistant clothes now , but 90 per cent of people do not have a clue about the implications.
I will be m,aking a thread soon about the link between dementia and the UV index soon.

I don't know about skin cancer, but I know breast cancer, lung cancer, and several other cancers have an inverse relationship with UV exposure. In other words, the more UV light (i.e. in the tropics, or at the equator, vs. closer to the arctic/antarctic), the lower the incidence of cancer.

Also, malignant melanoma incidence is higher in sunscreen users than those who do not use sunscreen.

That said, skin cancer rates in Australia are ridiculously high, and is really the only places in the world close to the equator with high skin cancer rates. My guess (just a guess) is that the other areas in the world close to the equator are pretty well populated with darker skinned individuals, while Australia is largely populated with fair-skinned individuals who don't naturally "belong" there. In other words, they weren't evolved/adapted to the environment, and maybe it's just TOO much for them.

top topics

join